+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Is anyone using a PS3 controller with Win10? If so, what are you using for it? I used Better DS3/MotionInJoy in Win7, but I'm having no luck in Win10.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not sure about ones for DS3s but the various programs for DS4 have some issues under Windows 10. Specifically with the "Hide DS4" functions they have while running them in xinput

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm using the original, Scarlet Crush's, no problems. Just make sure you don't have the Windows 7 driver installed, it should work right out of the box. At least as direct USB; I understand the wireless has problems.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Anyone having inconsistent connectivity issues with there LAN post upgrading? It's been happening very often and usually a reboot fixes but it's sucks having to reboot everytime. Hoping it's just my router being old

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone who has been using a DS4 on your PC, a workaround has been figured out for getting the "Hide DS4" feature to function again.

Make a batch file with these lines (changing the program to wherever you have it, or if you're using input mapper, or whatever) and save it wherever. I just put it in the same folder as DS4windows

start C:\DS4Windows\DS4Windows.exe
    timeout /t 5 /nobreak
    sc config netprofm start= demand
    sc start netprofm
    sc config netprofm start= disabled
    Then follow these steps

1) Go into the start menu and go into Task Scheduler
    2) Right click Task Scheduler Library and click Create Basic Task
    3) Give it a descriptive name and click Next
    4) Change the trigger to When I log on and click Next
    5) Leave Action on the default to start a program and click Next
    6) Browse to where you saved your batch file, select it, and click Next
    7) Check the box for Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish and click Finish
    8) Check the box for Run with highest privileges
    9) Click the Triggers tab and click Edit...
    10) Check the box for Delay task for: and change it to 30 seconds
    11) Right click your newly created task and click Run
    12) Reboot...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Did a fresh install over the weekend, now the screensaver never activates and the monitors never turn off after the amount of time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Did a fresh install over the weekend, now the screensaver never activates and the monitors never turn off after the amount of time.
    I had that issue until I unplugged my Xbox controller.

Try setting the monitor off to 1 minute and wait with one of your USB devices unplugged until it works. Beyond figuring out which thing is the culprit, I don't know how to fix it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    I haven't done a clean install yet, but I have this same problem after the update.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Whatever is causing it, I'm seeing a lot of folks post about it and as of yet, no answers.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I did have a weird thing yesterday that my keyboard leds were all still lit up when pc was off all night.

turned the switch on psu to off and the keyboard stayed lit for like 10-15 seconds

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    I did have a weird thing yesterday that my keyboard leds were all still lit up when pc was off all night.

turned the switch on psu to off and the keyboard stayed lit for like 10-15 seconds
    I have this happen with my audio peripherals, they never shut off unless I turn the PSU off. It's been this way since Win8.1 so I just deal with it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lol are ya'll getting confused about always on USB ports or what.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Lol are ya'll getting confused about always on USB ports or what.
    Im coming from windows 7. never seen/had any of that shit on to my knowledge

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've actually seen it on my laptop as well since moving to 10. I think it's tied into the hybrid shutdown that they added in to 8, since it's gone away since I turned it off.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

OK, so my upgrade fucked up on me. However thanks to this, I looked around and found something very interesting.

To draw out the story, I did the upgrade of one of my genuine Windows 7 PCs, which worked perfectly, but then I tried to reset and refresh the PC and got a Bootloader Device Not Found error which more or less screwed me. I then simply re-installed Windows 10 directly over the previous installation -- but wasn't able to activate it using my Windows 7 key. So angry and pissed off, I trolled around to find a method of activating Windows 10. And I found it. So far it's still activated, but I don't know how long this will last or be possible to the general public.

Long story short, if you are interested in attempting to get a genuine copy of Windows 10 Pro essentially installed for free, hit me up in PM.

Oh btw, Sho isn't all in for pirating. Still gonna purchase a copy for my new PC.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian View Post
    I had that issue until I unplugged my Xbox controller.

Try setting the monitor off to 1 minute and wait with one of your USB devices unplugged until it works. Beyond figuring out which thing is the culprit, I don't know how to fix it.
    It seems unplugging my razer nostromo allows the screensaver to work. Wonder if it's synapse causing issues.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    OK, so my upgrade fucked up on me. However thanks to this, I looked around and found something very interesting.

To draw out the story, I did the upgrade of one of my genuine Windows 7 PCs, which worked perfectly, but then I tried to reset and refresh the PC and got a Bootloader Device Not Found error which more or less screwed me. I then simply re-installed Windows 10 directly over the previous installation -- but wasn't able to activate it using my Windows 7 key. So angry and pissed off, I trolled around to find a method of activating Windows 10. And I found it. So far it's still activated, but I don't know how long this will last or be possible to the general public.

Long story short, if you are interested in attempting to get a genuine copy of Windows 10 Pro essentially installed for free, hit me up in PM.

Oh btw, Sho isn't all in for pirating. Still gonna purchase a copy for my new PC.
    . . . PM Sent in this 1 in a million chance!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spoiler: it's the same way you activate Windows 8. In fact it's so similar I wouldn't be surprised if the same tool worked on 10.

Pirating something that is free is stupid as fuck, though. Sounds like Sho didn't have a choice, but if anything you should pirate the old OS and upgrade legitimately just to avoid potential problems down the road.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Spoiler: it's the same way you activate Windows 8. In fact it's so similar I wouldn't be surprised if the same tool worked on 10.

Pirating something that is free is stupid as fuck, though. Sounds like Sho didn't have a choice, but if anything you should pirate the old OS and upgrade legitimately just to avoid potential problems down the road.
    I used a different method making use of Windows 7 -- that tool doesn't work on 10 for me. It's similar, but I sent DrClout a very safe method, as long as he can ensure that he can get OEM VL ISOs. It's actually pretty dangerous to use the activator for Windows 8 right now, especially if you don't know where to look for it. It seems malicious PC people are seeing that others are attempting to use activators for this purpose and loading them up with tons of spyware and rootkits that you can't fully remove once you upgrade to Windows 10.

Also if it matters, the upgrade cycle goes like this:

Windows 7/8/8.1 Home -> Windows 10 Home
    Windows 7/8/8.1 Professional -> Windows 10 Professional
    Windows 7/8/8.1 Enterprise/Ultimate -> Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Enterprise exists but you won't be able to upgrade to it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nothing weird happened to you, you can't use your win 7 key to activate 10. After you upgrade the system remembers your hardware and just activates over the Internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast