Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Wait... My girl lei fang isn't in the game???

FUCKING BOYCOTT!

Edit: jk, tho it saddens me, it's not gonna stop me from getting.
    http://gematsu.com/2015/09/dead-aliv...ters-announced

Also, wish JP rankings were closer to NA ones. Anything to get Tina in the game, lel.

https://doax3vote.herokuapp.com/reviewtotals.html#na

EDIT: Actually, just looked at EU rankings and Tina is #1 over there. Good stuff eurobros.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Maybe I am misunderstanding but it is sounding to me, from what I read, that playasia was just making that tweet to get people to buy the game from them (thus there was no real "SJW" reason for not bringing over).
    Read some other things that could also support that
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/11/15/ba...rt-1/view-all/ (near the bottom)
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1873 (I was told some of these were made by the same group but feel free to correct)

Of course, I could be completely wrong, as I am a bit ignorant on this matter. Would be pretty funny if true though.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I feel its possible that was P-A's reasoning for it but none of what you posted would be evidence for that...
    I also love how that post has games that haven't even actually been localized.

I own Senran Kagura: Estival Versus... but not in English 'cause its not even out yet and are we going to pretend that series doesn't get backlash every time a game comes out? Seriously?
    Its a tiny series and yet somehow there's a splash made every time a game releases (which fortunately just puts more eyes on it and it keeps selling better and better, thanks SJWs)

Also, almost every game listed there is also from a different developer and (more importantly) publisher and they may have a better grasp on the foreign market. I'm not sure what the hell that list of games is supposed to prove.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Main reason I brought up the article was this part:
    Spoiler: show
    Gender equality, misogyny, gamer gate are all industry topics/issues that we are certainly aware of and paying close attention to.

As a fighting game, our position on Dead or Alive is that we are creating female characters in an obvious fantasy setting where they compete with other male and female characters using extraordinary abilities. They are each strong and unique in their own individual way. And they are no less powerful than any of their male counterparts/opponents.

So, if we’re going to showcase strong female fighting characters in a game, why not make them look beautiful as well? Obviously, beauty is a subjective thing and everyone has their own opinions or interpretations of it. And that opinion of beauty also changes and varies from time to time and from culture to culture. We choose to represent our fantasy female characters in the manner in which we’ve become notable for.

But, we also don’t feel that we are demeaning women by doing so and we certainly don’t condone that type of attitude or behavior. We want to portray our female characters as strong, sexy, confident and attractive fighters.

Sure, some people may find our presentation of this notion in poor taste or even juvenile. Even within our own team, we have our differences in opinion about what is tasteful or appropriate. And we’re well aware of our critics who continue to accuse us of objectifying females.

However, we as well as most of our fans around the world don’t share the same sentiments as our critics. We are creating video game characters in a fantasy setting. Their actions, aesthetics and overall visual presentation is more than obviously set in a light-hearted, over-the-top, candy coated universe. The dissimilarity from REAL life women, situations and settings should be pretty apparent as soon as you start our game. And we feel most gamers in this day an age are sophisticated enough to make this distinction quite easily.

This made me think they didn't feel this was an issue in their DoA games and that their fans don't think that either thus the whole "SJW" stopping them made less sense as opposed to probably sales related risk or some other reason.

As for the list of games. Wasn't Ar Nosurge from Tecmo Koei (which Team Ninja is under)? It may not have been Team Ninja themselves but if being part of Tecmo Koei I'd assume they aren't that out of touch with each other... Pretty sure Ar Nosurge was localized as well.

The other games seem to not have been made from them as you said (too late in the night for me to look up myself at the time of post; thanks for the general correction) but I suppose the main reason he brought them up was saying these games were here even with backlash or whatever complaints *shrug*

Overall, still a funny spark that playasia caused but I still seem to, so far, still believe this was more their way of gaining sales. Not that I was into DoA much post DC era and their DoA2 but I found the whole matter interesting when it was brought up by a friend and the responses I saw to it in different areas.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

There is a reason I used the word almost.
    Also, Ar Nosurge is basically unknown. You'd have to know a game exists to complain about it or its contents.

Super niche Japanese games that no one's ever heard of not getting complaints isn't exactly a sign of anything one way or the other. DoA does not have this luxury. As far as the article you posted, however, realize that the article is a little over a year old.
    Realize also, in that time they've apparently been having internal arguments about exactly that kind of thing according to the FB post that is vague enough to be interpreted many ways.
    The one thing about the FB post that cannot be misconstrued is that their position has changed in the past year or two.

As for GUST and Team Ninja speaking with each other... I highly doubt this is the case. And btw Ar Nosurge and DOAX3 are very very VERY different kinds of games.

Again, I don't disagree that P-A might simply be cashing in but none of what you'd posted would be reason to believe they are. There's plenty of other reasons for that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

for those who may want to buy it digitally when its up on the SG PS4, here is a link:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...cnt=ps:com_psn

keep in mind you will need to buy time cards from play asia anyways.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Costume Caps

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

No matter how many times I see this I still can't believe this started as a fighting series.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    No matter how many times I see this I still can't believe this started as a fighting series.
    I forgot this is a Beachvolley ball game

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nah man, they took that out of the title. That's just one of the options.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I uh... excuse me a minute.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Prices on play-asia dropped to $59 for PS4, $49 for Vita. I think collector's edition dropped, not sure. $129 is still to rich form y blood. more than double the cost of the game.

They are auto adjusting to new low price on pre-orders already made. Play-asia has really good customer service.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It's low quality because it's a rip from a stream

HD version

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Soft Engine Helena... I want it now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Caps

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Is this still a volleyball game? I forget

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It's multi activity. From one of those caps, they may have added pole dancing.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Waifu Simulator.

I still love when they played the second one on Game Grumps and how way too into it they got with trying to get one of the girls to like them. >.>

Kind of a long playlist if anyone is bored/likes Game Grumps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG4y...hHtSvtmOPjS92P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast