BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67

Thread: Escha - Ru'Aun thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bring a couple competent melees and burn him down in a minute or so.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Death also works. One skillchain with two Deaths plus the initial helix damage kills it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

WoC issues...if anyone can help out, I'd greatly appreciate it. We've got almost every aspect of the fight down except for handling Soul Voice.

We've tried a few times without killing the wynavs to save time/MP, but something that I didn't see mentioned is that when in bracelets SV + Chainspell mode, the 6 wynavs spam virelai as well. The moment the PLD's charm buffer wears, we suddenly have 6 wynavs running around charming everybody. This makes the recommended strategies of stymie + silence or indi-grav kite not work. Our best attempt so far was 20ish% and was relatively quick, with PLD GEO GEO WHM + BLM BLM COR BRD SCH GEO.

The only thing i can see helping is popping manafont/SS and taking out the wynavs whenever SV goes up, but I've seen a few people in this thread swear that killing them is a waste of time. How can we handle this?

Whenever Soul Voice happens as a Geo I would quickly throw up indi-wilt and Geo barrier as fast as I can to stay alive until the PLD is uncharmed, assist healing as many people as possible and hope it wears off in time to recover.

Once the PLD can hold all the hate again keep vex/attunement/wilt/barrier until everyone up is up and ready to go and start again.

Campaign
    BG Level

The way we handle Soul Voice is with two tanks.
    One on WoC, one on the Wynavs.
    They both have hate on everything, but one focuses on WoC, the other on Wynavs.
    When WoC pops Soul Voice they both use Charm Ward.
    The WoC tank usually gets charmed, but we sleep him and WoC goes on the Wynav tank.
    Charm is off fast and at that point the first tank can use Charm Ward and get hate on everything before the ward wears off from the second tank, who will eventually get charmed but by then the first tank is fine.
    We then proceed to sleep second tank, when charm is off he wakes up and gets hate from Wynavs back.

Of course if WoC uses SV more than once you're bound to rely on kiting/sleeping etc.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Two tanks was much smoother for us, thanks. Dropped it to 15% today before we got an unlucky bene > mijin, otherwise we'd have had it. Next time!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So is there anyway to turn off the gaze terror/doom thing on the caturaes? Cause I just spent 5 minutes of curing doom until I failed on one....

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

One of the caturae have it up perma, or it seems to drop only when you break shield only for it to go right back up

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah tried another time and lasted 10 minutes.... not a good time to be the only real player dealing dmg

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

BLU is a possibility there, as you can turn away from it and spam physical spells. Can set ones to break nearly all the shields, to boot (I think ranged is an issue, but a trust can do that, or just hope it resets with TP move).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do blu spells cover both types of blunt?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Most that do blunt damage are standard, but, offhand, Frenetic Rip and Tail Slap count as H2H.

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So is there anyway to turn off the gaze terror/doom thing on the caturaes? Cause I just spent 5 minutes of curing doom until I failed on one....
    1. Use trust tank so the caturae faces tank instead of you.

2. Pop temp item to block terror, if your DD is strong it should die before temp wears. You'll still be doomed but trust will cursna you.

Soloed those caturaes on cor with trusts with tank getting hate and terror screen(I forgot the name of temp, something something blocks terror) 1 min zerg.

Edit: Also cor can break shield with qd back tanking it. 1 QD doing 6k dmg can break shield.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do blu spells cover both types of blunt?
    you could just also use requiescat if you save the TP for it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    you could just also use requiescat if you save the TP for it
    Oh the problem I was having was 10 minutes of gaze terror/doom not necessarily the shield by itself.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    Does getting the Shijin pop KIs require Lv75 Kirin clear? Trying to figure out why some people can't get them after trading scraps and that's the only thing I can think of.
    Been a few months but just thought I'd confirm that getting the KIs does require having the original Kirin cleared.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Oh the problem I was having was 10 minutes of gaze terror/doom not necessarily the shield by itself.
    my way of soloing it on BLU was attacking it for a round and turn around. due to server delay, you will manage to turn around and even if you get terrored/doomed fora split second, the server will update the way you're facing and they'll go away. for WS, it's slightly tricky but still doable. this is by far the easiest thing to do. for ones that put up shields, i relied on wings/monarch's to requiescat the shields down. hope this works for you.