Closed Thread
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

By tough, I mean soul crushing. Sorry if I mislead you there. At least the leveling experience is different though, so it could have been even worse.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

How is it soul crushing? Soul crushingly easy? Or in some other way? I think the leveling experience is a lot of fun right now, particularly at certain levels. Level 20-25 in Hillsbrad for Horde is my favorite series of quests ever.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Go human Hunter you'll be level 10 within 30 minutes with heirlooms By ignoring quests and grinding mobs until 6 and then murlocs in elwynn until 10 to 12. Then go to Westfall and do the intro Quest line while killing every mob you see until 15, Que for dungeons when you hit 15 and continue this you'll be level 20 in two to three hours at most.

If you don't have heirloom that will just take another hour or so, still by far the fastest way to get 20 for the Hearthstone character portrait.

Also play survival more instants. Shoot and run, pull everything.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Well, at least this is coming out sooner than their "latest date" announced before. Gives me more time to level characters before Halloween so I can not get that mount again this year.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Ugh fuck that's true. And I have a lot of toons I'll want to level by then.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

>>Siege of Orgrimmar lasted 14 months
    Blizz: We'll try to release expansion sooner so it won't happen again.
    >>Hellfire Citadel for 14 months

classic Blizz

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

With a fuck ton less content over the entire expansion to boot.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    >>Siege of Orgrimmar lasted 14 months
    Blizz: We'll try to release expansion sooner so it won't happen again.
    >>Hellfire Citadel for 14 months

classic Blizz
    Yeahhh, this is pretty embarrassing. I'm glad I only play this game casually and don't really care too much about raiding, etc.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Well at least they said "try" and didn't guarantee anything. Granted, a lot of their players took it as a guarantee.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Tbf they've been saying they'll try to shorten the time between expansions since at least WoTLK so they should really know better by now and actually plan to having at least a small content patch for when this occurs,

"But Brozy that'll cause the next expansion to be delayed even more!"

That's exactly why i say plan it so that won't happen, they apparently have the biggest dev team they've ever had working on WoW now yet still they manage to have such long gaps between expansions simply, imo because they can't plan out stuff for shit and all of this isn't really helped by the fact that even after so long they still want to do yearly expansions, i personally use to love that idea but now no thanks i'm quite happy with an expansion every 18 months - 2 years just so the shit show that is WoD never ever happens again.

/unplugwaffleiron

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

That's how I feel as well, but man people on the forums like to whine about it. To me, there's always something I can be doing. I have something like 60 toons across two accounts (although one of my accounts in inactive at the moment), and I can level those alts. There's old mount farms, there's pet battles and PvP stuff I can be doing, so even when there's a huge content gap, I can usually find something to do.

But there are people who just like to sit in their Garrison all day and then complain that the game is World of Garrisoncraft. So I don't know what to tell those people.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

They have likely finished all the content they wanted to do. I felt that way pretty quickly after expansion release when I was playing a lot.

Game is stale as fuck now. I hope one day Blizz does the Legacy Server idea and I can just play 1-60 again and enjoy it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Just tried the game again after not really playing since wrath, and it's depressing how much classes have been dumbed down over the years, and how much further it's going in legion. Blizz says they're trying to prune shit back to burning crusade levels, but in reality your level 110 characters will only be able to do a fraction of what they could at 70.

I remember when I had direct damage spells on affliction warlock to use on low health monsters, a library of fire spells to use when I got kicked out of shadow, curses existed, and I could do both offensive and defensive dispels with felhunter (both are gone in legion). One of the talent choices is to pick between mortal coil, howl of terror, and a passive health regen effect (oh hey fel armor), when all three used to be baseline. They gutted demo across the board just so it wouldn't overlap with demon hunter, and I guess that's why they deleted dark apotheosis as well instead of turning it into a fourth tanking spec.

Hunter looks really sad as well. You can't even be ranged and have traps at the same time anymore? Class fantasy my ass. Wow characters are starting to look like they belong in a moba with how little you can do in a single spec.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm just glad my 10 garrisons (11 soon) full of treasure hunter followers are basically just paying for this game for me now lol. No idea if they are cutting off this source of income in the expansion though.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

You can pretty much count on it. They're also planning to nerf the Salvage Yard again.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

An expansion a year always seemed crazy to me. A more realistic goal would be to have less of a gap between the last major content patch and an expansion. Yeah it would delay the expansion slightly but there's just so much that goes into each expansion, they'd have to be close to an internal Alpha of the next expansion when the new one is released

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

They should be able to do that.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Just tried the game again after not really playing since wrath, and it's depressing how much classes have been dumbed down over the years, and how much further it's going in legion. Blizz says they're trying to prune shit back to burning crusade levels, but in reality your level 110 characters will only be able to do a fraction of what they could at 70.

I remember when I had direct damage spells on affliction warlock to use on low health monsters, a library of fire spells to use when I got kicked out of shadow, curses existed, and I could do both offensive and defensive dispels with felhunter (both are gone in legion). One of the talent choices is to pick between mortal coil, howl of terror, and a passive health regen effect (oh hey fel armor), when all three used to be baseline. They gutted demo across the board just so it wouldn't overlap with demon hunter, and I guess that's why they deleted dark apotheosis as well instead of turning it into a fourth tanking spec.

Hunter looks really sad as well. You can't even be ranged and have traps at the same time anymore? Class fantasy my ass. Wow characters are starting to look like they belong in a moba with how little you can do in a single spec.
    Yeah my main is Hunter, and I can't say that I'm excited about the hunter changes. My main alt is Warlock, and if I ended up playing Legion, Warlock is probably ended up going to be my main, and Hunter will be my main alt.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm switching to warlock for legion. Played it a lot in first half of cata and got 2k fairly easily in 3s. Played warrior before that, rogue after, and warrior all of mop/draenor. Tired of melee.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Class simplification is my main beef with WoW right now.

Hunter was the jiggity jam. Dead zone, wing clip, traps, tranq'ing fury, pet management, HM'ing the right target >_>. I had so much fun. Feels kinda terrible and clunky now.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast