Closed Thread
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

any reason to play right now or just keep this bitch on the shelf until legion?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

There will be a pre-patch on July that will let you play demon hunter if you have bought Legion. As well as the usual expansion's major class overhauls/adjustments and such.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Class simplification is my main beef with WoW right now.

Hunter was the jiggity jam. Dead zone, wing clip, traps, tranq'ing fury, pet management, HM'ing the right target >_>. I had so much fun. Feels kinda terrible and clunky now.
    Honestly this, fucking loved hunter back in Wrath, even after the change to focus but now it just feels as you said terrible and clunky even on alpha but i've only tried BM at the moment so MM/SV might feel different.

As for reasons to play right now i'd personally just say wait unless you just want to LFR/have a guild willing to run you throught the raids or just generally faff about with other stuff, since you can get tokens for gold you can always go that route and just do some garrison shit each day/old raids til you've made that back so all you're really investing is time.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3584206?page=1

We wanted to let you know that we’ve been closely following the Nostalrius discussion and we appreciate your constructive thoughts and suggestions.

Our silence on this subject definitely doesn’t reflect our level of engagement and passion around this topic. We hear you. Many of us across Blizzard and the WoW Dev team have been passionate players ever since classic WoW. In fact, I personally work at Blizzard because of my love for classic WoW.

We have been discussing classic servers for years - it’s a topic every BlizzCon - and especially over the past few weeks. From active internal team discussions to after-hours meetings with leadership, this subject has been highly debated. Some of our current thoughts:

Why not just let Nostalrius continue the way it was? The honest answer is, failure to protect against intellectual property infringement would damage Blizzard’s rights. This applies to anything that uses WoW’s IP, including unofficial servers. And while we’ve looked into the possibility – there is not a clear legal path to protect Blizzard’s IP and grant an operating license to a pirate server.

We explored options for developing classic servers and none could be executed without great difficulty. If we could push a button and all of this would be created, we would. However, there are tremendous operational challenges to integrating classic servers, not to mention the ongoing support of multiple live versions for every aspect of WoW.

So what can we do to capture that nostalgia of when WoW first launched? Over the years we have talked about a “pristine realm”. In essence that would turn off all leveling acceleration including character transfers, heirloom gear, character boosts, Recruit-A-Friend bonuses, WoW Token, and access to cross realm zones, as well as group finder. We aren’t sure whether this version of a clean slate is something that would appeal to the community and it’s still an open topic of discussion.

One other note - we’ve recently been in contact with some of the folks who operated Nostalrius. They obviously care deeply about the game, and we look forward to more conversations with them in the coming weeks.

You, the Blizzard community, are the most dedicated, passionate players out there. We thank you for your constructive thoughts and suggestions. We are listening.

J. Allen Brack

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So a resounding no?

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

However, there are tremendous operational challenges to integrating classic servers, not to mention the ongoing support of multiple live versions for every aspect of WoW.
    *cough*bullshit*cough*

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Anyone who actually wants that server is crazy. I can understand an extremely extremely late vanilla with some carry over of newer things, but a straight carbon copy you are wrong if you want that.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I want a classic server. Shit was terrific.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    So a resounding no?
    So nothing has changed. Not surprised.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Anyone who actually wants that server is crazy. I can understand an extremely extremely late vanilla with some carry over of newer things, but a straight carbon copy you are wrong if you want that.
    Yeah, I don't really understand people that want this either. I'm not going to take Blizzard's side on this really if there are crazy people out there that actually do want this though. It seems like they could have Vanilla servers but just don't want to devote staff and time getting them up and running when they are trying to work on their actual game.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'd take tbc tho. Vanilla was aweful and I feel like the vast majority of people that want it back don't really remember how bad it was.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I'd take tbc tho. Vanilla was aweful and I feel like the vast majority of people that want it back don't really remember how bad it was.
    I think that's what it is, as well. I never played in Vanilla but a lot of the things I've read about it don't sound that fun. I've watched people playing on the servers on YouTube but it just never appealed to me to play on them myself.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Maybe not a Vanilla one but i'd totally got for a BC/WoTLK one, while i did enjoy what i played of Vanilla it was those 2 that really hooked me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    *cough*bullshit*cough*
    And this so much, are Blizz saying that they are incapable of following a guide on how to set-up their own private server and have the disks and patch files?

Just leave it free standing from Bnet and away you go, if a handful of people not a part of Blizzard can do it they sure as hell should be able to but they just don't want to because, imo they'll feel thats it's an admission that the current WoW is crap and that it'll also somehow eat into their profits.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

What would be cool is like a wrath server that capped your level depending on where you were, so you could do all classic/tbc/wotlk raids at the appropriate difficulty.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I mean the private server they shut down had over 100k active accounts. That's a non-trivial number.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

How many of those are active WoW subscribers though? Because if these aren't paying Blizzard customers, I don't really see how Blizz would be compelled to care all that much.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You don't think every single one would resub for that?

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Even if they offered it at discounted monthly rate (~10 bucks) they'd add a million dollars to their bottom line.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Were people paying for it on the illegal servers? Because no, I don't think quite that many would. Some undoubtedly would, but if they weren't paying for it before, I don't think they'd want to start now.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

They didn't need to have any monthly fees because overhead was quite low (~$3,600 a year). They also stopped taking donations out of fear of Blizz doing exactly what they did.

I think you underestimate people's willingness to pay for this.

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast