Closed Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

ashbringer and doomhammer might be a bit over the top since most of everyone else will be with relatively shitty OC weapons

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

People are speculating that because we're gonna be allowed to wield Doomhammer that Thrall's gonna die. On the one hand, I'm sick of green Jesus, but on the other hand, I don't want him to die. I just want him to like ... go away for a few expansions.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

In light of this new expansion, who is the final boss in WoD then? Or is the latest raid's final boss THE final boss?

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah, HFC is the final raid and
    Spoiler: show
    Archimonde
    is the final boss of the expansion. They said that about ... a month ago I think. Apparently it was always intended to be a short expansion.

Spoilered it in case people are not aware of who the final boss is or didn't want to know.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Interesting interview on Icy-Veins: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...n-hazzikostas/

Some interesting tidbits:
    You obtain your Artifact early on in the Legion experience. This is the weapon you will use throughout the expansion. You will not get weapon drops in Legion. Something that wasn't mentioned during the reveal is that each Artifact has a number of Relic slots, which will determine its raw item stats (DPS, ilvl, etc.) and modifiers to the traits you've chosen, so the Artifact's stats will still improve as you defeat bosses.
    Update: Artifacts can still be transmogrified into other items! Other items cannot be transmogrified into Artifacts.
    (As a transmog whore this makes me SO happy! They look really cool but some of them will clash with my mogs and I can't have that!)

Karazhan's brief appearance in the cinematic teaser was important. Karazhan is an 'important place'.
    ! ! !

As an example of class changes, the Survival Hunter 'spear' Artifact was brought up. In Legion, Survival Hunters will be a melee spec that utilizes a pet. To differentiate specializations, the developers will try to de-homogenize the classes. Further to this, Beast Mastery Hunters will fight at range with a pet, while Marksmanship Hunters will fight at range with NO PET.
    lol melee huntard

Really interesting article all around. I don't know how I feel about some of the class changes they're proposing, and as always I'm nervous to see how they're going to fuck up Shadow Priests. But generally I'm really excited about what they've got planned for this.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

wait demon hunter can tank? Is it pure tank, or is it a hybdrid like monk.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

melee hunter its habbenin

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
    wait demon hunter can tank? Is it pure tank, or is it a hybdrid like monk.
    It has one tank spec and one DPS spec.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Kingadem View Post
    I stopped after that Panda shit. Hmmm, thinking I may pick this up and give it a try. I don't look forward to farming BT for months to glamour my Demon Hunter. Everyone playing Demon Hunter will glamour those.
    cant trasnmog legendaries

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

DH's main weapon is gonna be Glaives anyway so chances are if you want warglaives you'll get something like them.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    and as always I'm nervous to see how they're going to fuck up Shadow Priests.
    In every way imaginable, don't worry. Celestalon said a few months ago that spriest is due for a complete overhaul.

I imagine the priest artifact weapons are going to be recycled vanilla models of benediction and anathema. Because reasons.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Demo Locks thinking that their demon form is going to be taken away due to Demon Hunters.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm pretty sure they said that they were giving that to DH only during the stream, and that Demo Locks were gonna be more focused on controlling demonic minions.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kingadem View Post
    I stopped after that Panda shit. Hmmm, thinking I may pick this up and give it a try. I don't look forward to farming BT for months to glamour my Demon Hunter. Everyone playing Demon Hunter will glamour those.
    My guess is that the Blade of Azzinoth with be the artifact weapons for Demon Hunter, so you will probably do a quest there but wont have to farm them.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

SV hunter will be melee lol, this is interesting

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I am in. So in. Goddamnit Blizzard.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ugh some of this stuff sounds fun. I'm half tempted to resub and level my 90s to 100 and play at release. But I know it's going to be a fun few weeks then when the first month is up I'll be bored again like usual.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Never gonna play WoW again. Never gonna play WoW again. Ne- ....is that a class with wings? FUCK GOD DAMNIT.

I might resub some day in the future and finish my goal of having every class leveled to max. I got 8 100s in WoD before quitting. So wouldn't take that long.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Zero weapon drops in Legion (being replaced by Legendaries on a per-spec basis) and no alt catch-up mechanics seems like a terrible fucking idea. I really hope they junk it in the coming months.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Eh, if there's truly not going to be any weapon drops, then it's likely that it's going to be pretty easy to keep the weapon up to snuff, as you naturally level your alts. I think the artifact weapon idea is okay, but not as our only source of a weapon, and wtf are they going to do about it for the next expansion? Chuck it to the wayside or keep the system going? How would boosted characters get in on it, when the next expansion hits? It's sort of a weird break in continuity: in Legion, you make and upgrade your weapon, then the next expansion hits. You boost your character, and get handed your weapon, now go upgrade it in the new lands? Doesn't make a lot of sense, but the alternative is you'd have to go through all of Legion content to get the weapon, to upgrade it in the next expansion, and for the people who don't do that, you'd have to provide an alternative, which sort of breaks the point of continuing them in future expansions.....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast