Closed Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

They could always just keep the system up and introduce a new slew of artifact weapons with different augments and you can switch which ones you want to use.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

They say they aren't going to add catch-up mechanics but I'm pretty sure they will, they know that a lot of their playerbase is casual now and they wouldn't want to alienate that demographic. Especially not after losing so many subs this expansion.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

you can lose alot of subs by making things too casual

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Galkaeater View Post
    you can lose alot of subs by making things too casual
    not really, they made WoD somewhat hardcore, main content, the only content really, being a lot of raids, and the sub plummetted. If they learned anything from WoD, it is to make more casual contents.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Yeah they rely too much on raid content and even that content is somewhat too easy since they just add a LFR version. They are very wise to artifically stop most players from consuming their raid content too fast by not releasing all of the LFR tier straight away but after that even more players will leave since they killed the final boss of the world of warcrafts.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

As someone who doesn't raid current content at all (been thinking about it but have yet to actually do it), there really is fuckall to do outside of that. There's no new BGs, either, so fuck the PvPers I guess? I've heard the raids this expansion have been top-notch which is great, if you enjoy raiding.

Basically when I do log in it's to level my alts, try to get a few achievements, mount farms, and pet battling.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yeah raids definitely got harder. I had to rethink my raid group a few times that used to blow through heroic/mythic content, but friends and casual paid off in the end.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Pondering resubbing already to get back on the mount/legendary/achievement farming grind, what's wrong with me... Don't answer, rhetorical question.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    There's no new BGs, either, so fuck the PvPers I guess?
    They may have f'd it up, but Ashran was supposed to be the content for PvPers.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

That's still a paltry amount of content for the PvP players compared to what the PvE players got. In general, I wish more PvP content would be added, that's not a complaint directed only at Warlords.

They haven't announced any new BGs, arenas, or even a World PvP zone, just the honor revamp for Legion, but I'm hoping there's at least something.

I really fucking miss PvP.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Look, we all know that the way to retain millions of subs is for them to do whatever I personally want done to the game. Everyone goes in thinking that and that's just human nature.

With the billion+ they bring in a year, I feel like they can continue to stay the course for awhile longer.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Are you forgetting the fact that they lost half their subs from the beginning of this expansion?

I think they're starting to be a little less stubborn about how they create content.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    They say they aren't going to add catch-up mechanics but I'm pretty sure they will, they know that a lot of their playerbase is casual now and they wouldn't want to alienate that demographic. Especially not after losing so many subs this expansion.
    They aren't doing catch up mechanics for alts, but they did mention they will implement catch ups later in the expansion. Meaning you have to do the full leveling on all alts if they are on current content.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So basically I'll do what I always do which is focus on my main and take my time with my alts.

Chinch

Any guilds recruiting a solid raider for Legion? I was a hardcore raider in Vanilla, BC and early Wrath but haven't played as much since Cata. Returned to MoP and have played WoD but as a casual/pug superstar. Looking to reroll a new class for the expansion and looking to get into raiding a lot more seriously. I'm talking 2-4 days, 2-3 hours per day progression raiding. Hit me up.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    not really, they made WoD somewhat hardcore, main content, the only content really, being a lot of raids, and the sub plummetted. If they learned anything from WoD, it is to make more casual contents.
    I actually think it was the breaking up of the game into garrisons. Players say they want player housing, but what they really want/need is something like a mog house (and even that was a little anti-social), having your own isolated area is really against the general drives of online play: playing with friends.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    They may have f'd it up, but Ashran was supposed to be the content for PvPers.
    It was really cool and ambitious, but it just didn't have what I think most PvPer's want right now which is BGs and arenas. They were trying to create epic open world PvP which players always SAY they want because nostalgia, but it's not what they really want.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

isn't faction balance in PVP the worst it has ever been aswell?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chinch View Post
    Any guilds recruiting a solid raider for Legion? I was a hardcore raider in Vanilla, BC and early Wrath but haven't played as much since Cata. Returned to MoP and have played WoD but as a casual/pug superstar. Looking to reroll a new class for the expansion and looking to get into raiding a lot more seriously. I'm talking 2-4 days, 2-3 hours per day progression raiding. Hit me up.
    Yeah, me too. I think I am ready for some real raiding again on a decent schedule. What server are you on?

Chinch

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Yeah, me too. I think I am ready for some real raiding again on a decent schedule. What server are you on?
    Hey Ringthree... Haven't even decided on a server since I'm open to transferring. I have a bunch of 90s and 2 100s that I've played casually. I'm even also open to completely rerolling. I just want to find a guild I can raid for Legion and beyond.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast