1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

This might sound silly but what are ACT and OBS?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

FFXIV issues on Windows 10

Advanced Combat Tracker and Open Broadcaster Software 0.0

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Re: Monitor shutoff issues; this is an issue with Windows 10 in general atm. Idle detection for power saving features is all wonky. The two I know of that affect most people are A) monitors don't shutoff after the designated idle period, occasionally even without applications running; B) USB standby does not function properly with some devices, if you have USB devices that are turning off after just a few seconds or couple of minutes of inactivity and can't figure out why, this is probably it.

Other than those sorts of things I haven't had a single issue with Windows 10 for 14 (or anything else, for that matter). I suggest doing a clean install if you have only done the upgrade. You can download the media creation tool from here that will guide you through creating a bootable disc or flash drive. Upgrading from one version of an OS to another without a clean install is almost always bound to leave behind problems.
    I got some Windows 10 updates last night that look like they fixed the monitor issue. I can probably get to the bottom of the OBS issue, I just have to sit down and really work at it but laaaaaaaaaazy.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I also fixed an issue that I'm sure other people are going to come across:

If you're using ACT and the overlay plugin, your fonts are defined as Meiryo in the html files for parse output. Installing Windows 10 removed all of the language packs I had installed. Meiryo is the default JP font in Windows. Not having the JP language pack installed means you will not have the Meiryo font installed and your overlay plugins will display in Times New Roman. Installing the language packs again and restarting will fix your font problems.

I noticed the font was different too, thanks for the heads up.

Turtle Apprentice
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks Izzy that "New" Font was pissing me off.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i did try wiping clean with DDU but a fresh driver install didn't do anything to help. so weird how it's pretty consistent: first boot i for sure get the lag, second boot seems fine.

that said i was playing around with it today, came across something curious/related. i clicked the option for "limit frame rate when client is inactive" and when i alt tabbed (brought a window up so i could still see game in background) the FPS was the same as when i tabbed back in.

so before when i say had a message window up, the FPS normalized around 100+ then dropped to 20ish bringing it to active. with that option checked the FPS was pretty much exact same all the way around. seems like the game has the option mixed up hard, wtf. thinking i might just have to try a complete reinstall of the game if i can't figure this all out.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just woke up to an "Upgrade to Windows 10 for free" message on my comp from Microsoft. Anyone that has upgraded already, is it worth it? Or should I just stick with Windows 8.1?

THE FAIRY CAT
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snoctopus Snoctopus
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Just woke up to an "Upgrade to Windows 10 for free" message on my comp from Microsoft. Anyone that has upgraded already, is it worth it? Or should I just stick with Windows 8.1?
    Right now stick with 8.1. I've been having a lot of issues with Win10, both off of an upgrade and a clean install. Drivers aren't where they need to be right now.

Even spotify is fucked up in Windows 10.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Up to you, privacy stuff aside Windows 10 has been the best windows. No issues at all. You would more than likely have to get some windows 10 specific drivers for your GPU and maybe motherboard depending on age, but so far Window 10 feels like a superior version of 7 in many ways. I upgraded off of 8.1 which I had nothing but problems with.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    Boyfriend installed Windows 10 last week, but only logged into 14 for the first time since installing yesterday. He was having an issue with his game constantly crashing every 5 minutes, with an error of "Display adapter has stopped working". We're going to attempt him playing with DX9 next time he logs on and hope maybe his next drivers update will fix the issue. Not too sure what else it could be, maybe a PSU issue. So far for me, no issues with Windows 10.
    Just replying to my own post, that putting it at DX9 is what fixed the crashing issue. Not sure what will fix it in the long run so that he can use DX11 because he decided to quit playing again.

So in general should I upgarde to Win 10? :/ Win 8.1 right now. Hoping to upgrade once all bugs and issues are fixed

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

If you're curious you could always make a system image and then update and if you're not happy refresh back to your system image and it's like nothing happened. The overall experience from 8.1 to 10 you probably wont notice a huge direct change with boot times and overall system performance, the biggest performance jump is for people going from 7 to 10.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

Only issue I've had with FFXIV in Windows 10 has been during the version check crashing due to not being authorized. Setting the launcher to run as administrator fixed this.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Spuki Bugi
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm getting random framedrops sometimes, changing to full screen/smaller windowed resolution/lower graphics settings didn't seem to help. All of my drivers are up to date, so it's pretty annoying but manageable.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm having a similar (strange) problem.

I have Windows 10 and dual screens (both 1440p, had this problem with 1080 screens or combined 1080+1440 too).

When I have FFXIV and OBS open, when I "click" FFXIV (aka, I select the main screen where FFXIV is running) the OBS stutters a lot, dropping frames to 20FPS aprox, while game runs perfect at 60FPS+.
    When I click somewhere else but FFXIV, for example OBS, or Teamspeak, Chrome etc, OBS runs smooth, except that game drops from 60FPS to 50~ish and sometimes gives a huge FPS drop. I'm glad that I can play with gamepad, because if I were a keyboard user I wouldn't be able to do this.

So I have to choose if I want to play at full 60FPS or cap my FPS in order to record/stream with OBS.

Been looking for a fix from 3+ months now and haven't found any answer. It's hard to explain too so it's quite frustrating.

A friend of mine has the exact same problem and we can't find how to fix it.

Did this happen to you? I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just did the upgrade myself and have only one issue so far. It seems like any time I'm interacting or casting the bar tends to stutter a bit for the lack of a better word. The numbers on the bar will jump back and forth a bit before completing. Never experienced the issue until upgrading to 10.