1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 3 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

FFXIV issues on Windows 10

Figure we could use a general thread for this regardless of my own issue. But first, ME ME ME

Anyone been having any problems so far with windows 10? So far everything's mostly run like a dream except for the past couple days. Now, when I start the game up after a fresh boot my FPS will drop to about 20. The weird thing is when I pull something up over the game (like a message window since i'm borderless window mode), the FPS will shoot up to its normal levels, and I can even see the number jump from 20 to 100+. I also hear the fan from my vid card kind of stuttering when I'm tabbed to the game, but when I tab to a different window spins normally.

This only seems to go away after I restart my pc entirely, but even yesterday it took a couple restarts to get it right. Pretty annoying. Running GTX 970 and while windows 10 was an upgrade/install, i did do an NVIDIA driver wipe/install after i put windows 10 up.

Any help? Thanks

No issues here. ACT works fine as well. Clean install.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Boyfriend installed Windows 10 last week, but only logged into 14 for the first time since installing yesterday. He was having an issue with his game constantly crashing every 5 minutes, with an error of "Display adapter has stopped working". We're going to attempt him playing with DX9 next time he logs on and hope maybe his next drivers update will fix the issue. Not too sure what else it could be, maybe a PSU issue. So far for me, no issues with Windows 10.

No issues at all on my end, I even saw a slight ffxiv benchmark increase using Nvidia's latest drivers with SLI enabled. Updated from 8.1 pro.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

No issues here..hell works better than on my 8.1 install. ACT is actually working too for me now and no longer need to dual boot into 7. I will say though, long periods seems to be a bit weird on DX11 with glitchy zoning (crashes) but aside that, nothing too serious.

If you are having driver crashing issues, check the temperature of your video card. I found mine was heating up and causing crashes, when I turned the fan to max to keep temp down, way below recommended limit, it seemed to work much better (although I had to deal with annoyingly loud fan).

I use an ATI card and they updated drivers recently and it has been working much better overall. Btw, this is all on 7, but I would guess it would carry over to 10 with bad driver design.

THE FAIRY CAT
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snoctopus Snoctopus
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shalafi View Post
    If you are having driver crashing issues, check the temperature of your video card. I found mine was heating up and causing crashes, when I turned the fan to max to keep temp down, way below recommended limit, it seemed to work much better (although I had to deal with annoyingly loud fan).

I use an ATI card and they updated drivers recently and it has been working much better overall. Btw, this is all on 7, but I would guess it would carry over to 10 with bad driver design.
    I haven't had a chance to log in for a week or so (was on vacation), but when I loaded up Windows 10 on the 29th I was getting insane temps on my SLI 780ti's (93c - yikes!)

I'm assuming it's a driver issue. I did DDU and reinstalled prior to seeing them hit that point. I may just do a clean wipe.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

no issues here on an old 660ti, things are running quite well in comparison. still 60 fps in most areas. have been on dx9 and 11 for extended periods (7hrs+). upgraded from 7.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

No issues here

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Have only had one issue where lighting was very weird after sleeping PC without exiting game which was easily cleared up. I have a 970 which started crashing after 3.0 (driver crashes) but have not yet crashed since W10 upgrade.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

edit: see bottom post, idk why this got submitted.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

No issues here for myself, perhaps you should look into using display driver uninstaller (DDU) and wipe your system of the driver and registry on the PC entirely, and then do a fresh install of the windows 10 driver to ensure everything installed properly without having to write over old registrys and "wipe" (lets be honest nothing gets wiped with that) and install your driver.

Edit: Weird double post o_O

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Only issue I've ran into so far is the game doesn't close normally for me anymore and crashes every time I log out. If it gonna crash though seems pretty convenient it crashes when I'm done playing.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Spiel Mit'mir
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

No issues here. Upgraded from 7. ACT works fine as well.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

If you're having issues and you upgraded you might want to try a clean install. No issues. The only problem I have is that only parts of Guildworks seem to work? I do not get a message that it's hooking to FF and RMT tells don't get blocked (it does update my character on the site and all that though).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I've yet to have issues with Win10 and I've been running it since...nearly the beginning of the Technical Preview being publicly available.

Only issues I've ever had were with ACT, which were ultimately solvable (permission issues).

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

1) Can't stream ACT parse windows through OBS anymore
    2) Clicking off FFXIV and allowing my monitors to turn off after 10 minutes is hit or miss. Sometimes they turn off, but then they turn back on later. This didn't happen in Windows 7.

Overall everything else works fine though.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

If you're using rainbowmage overlay and have a newer version of it they disabled it being a separate window that OBS would pick up, you can find a streamer version if you dig around that lets you do it again.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    If you're using rainbowmage overlay and have a newer version of it they disabled it being a separate window that OBS would pick up, you can find a streamer version if you dig around that lets you do it again.
    I tried both of them. Neither work. I was specifically excited when I saw the streamer version but alas, it didn't work .

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Re: Monitor shutoff issues; this is an issue with Windows 10 in general atm. Idle detection for power saving features is all wonky. The two I know of that affect most people are A) monitors don't shutoff after the designated idle period, occasionally even without applications running; B) USB standby does not function properly with some devices, if you have USB devices that are turning off after just a few seconds or couple of minutes of inactivity and can't figure out why, this is probably it.

Other than those sorts of things I haven't had a single issue with Windows 10 for 14 (or anything else, for that matter). I suggest doing a clean install if you have only done the upgrade. You can download the media creation tool from here that will guide you through creating a bootable disc or flash drive. Upgrading from one version of an OS to another without a clean install is almost always bound to leave behind problems.