+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Off screen demo footage:

Edit: seems like defense items from REmake are back!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This game is gonna jump scare the shit out of me. Those dark rooms are making anxious already.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I hope they bring back Hunk and Tofu!

Better video quality, no commentary and I believe they get further in this one:

https://youtu.be/vPdW-WZCnUY

Can't decide which I'm more excited for; this or DMC5!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Give it to meee

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I hope they bring back Hunk and Tofu!
    Both have already been confirmed by Capcom :D There might be an Ada campaign as well, Extreme Battle mode from the Dualshock is unknown. Also due to the influences from REmake 1 I'd say those extra modes are a possibility as well (invisible enemies, real survival, one dangerous zombie).

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

RE2 was the first video game that genuinely freaked me out. Can't wait for this to come out. I really need to play RE1 remake. I've never beat that or 2.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wonder if the handgun is really that weak or zombies are just full on tank mode to push survival horror rather than run and gun gameplay. I've seen multiple vids where zombies are tanking 3+ headshots, some get back up after 10-20 seconds of seemingly being dead too. Could just be ramped up for E3 too so no one is able to clear too easily.

Probably the difference in control styles, it was harder to aim for specific body parts in the fixed camera mode, whereas over the shoulder you're generally always hitting the broad side of a barn.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good point, forgot about the difficulty swap between over the shoulder and fixed camera. That'd make sense.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To me it felt very close to the original tankiness honestly. I love how the zombies fall down and can just get up a few seconds later to keep going. You can knife them though just like in the original. Also the knife can be used as a defense item if they grab you but then you need to kill the zombie to retrieve it (although I did notice a knife in one of the lockers so maybe there are multiple around).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The knife description said that it can break after a while so multiple being around wouldn't be surprising.

Zombie tankiness (and overall game feel) is reminding me a lot of Revelations/2. But damn watching fullscreen in a dark room with headphones I'm creeped out. I didn't know I wanted this game this much until I saw it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    The knife description said that it can break after a while so multiple being around wouldn't be surprising.

Zombie tankiness (and overall game feel) is reminding me a lot of Revelations/2. But damn watching fullscreen in a dark room with headphones I'm creeped out. I didn't know I wanted this game this much until I saw it.
    You just reminded me, I never played Revelations 2. Have played 1. Worth a go at 2?

Zombie tankiness has been increasing since 4, 6 was probably one of the worst (headshots into even more dangerous enemies) so at this point I think it's going to be much higher than before.

It makes sense though, it feels good to shoot zombies in the head but at least in 4 it was a bit too easy and not scary. Other games are a different mix of annoying and satisfying.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

5 and 6 mostly went up in tankiness imo due to the more expanded melee attacks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    You just reminded me, I never played Revelations 2. Have played 1. Worth a go at 2?
    2 is the better game so yes, absolutely. It feels very similar to RE6 due to the control scheme though but the melee part has been severely nerfed. Overall it's an enjoyable experience imo and more Claire never hurts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    RE2 was the first video game that genuinely freaked me out. Can't wait for this to come out. I really need to play RE1 remake. I've never beat that or 2.
    this x100. super hype as long as they don't ruin what made the original so great

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    this x100. super hype as long as they don't ruin what made the original so great
    Very first run my buddy and I did was at night after I bought the game. We decided to be super dorks and turn the lights off to creep us out. When the birds went crashing through the windows and then the licker came out we were jumping like scared cats!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Kind of similar to my situation. My friend and I would play it at night, with all lights off. I will always remember that moment the licker breaks through the 2 way mirror. Scared the living shit out us