+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Yeah the press release doesn't mention it but Easy Allies said at least that it was confirmed, so who knows.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah I've seen others "in the know" mentioning it as well. Guess we'll know soon, it's playable at E3.

Edit: Claire has an Elza Walker costume lol and there's a music swap for the original soundtrack (as DLC).

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Wow so hyped for this one.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes, yes, yes <3

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

What happened to Leon's face? He looked better 13 years ago lol.

RE2 got me into horror games, SH2 scared me out of them, but either way this is still one of my favourite games ever and they're giving it the treatment.

Couldn't be happier about this.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    But err, yeah, this.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

fuck yes

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Getting the Platinum Trophy in the Silent Hill 2 HD Remaster was a feat if I say so myself. I wonder if RE2 will have Trophies.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Getting the Platinum Trophy in the Silent Hill 2 HD Remaster was a feat if I say so myself. I wonder if RE2 will have Trophies.
    Hmm yeah? Why would it not have trophies lol. This is a complete remake of the original not a simple remaster, it's basically a new game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Capcom as a whole publisher don't seem to know how to make faces these past few years. REmake2 is awful, DMC5 is awful, MVC:I is hilarious (and also awful), Monster Hunter World had their amazing bait and switch fiasco.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't see anything wrong with the faces. Leon is 21 in RE2, he looks much younger and less grizzled than in RE4 and 6. I dunno what's awful about DMC5's faces, the only one I can kinda get is the shop girl, but she's just got a really toothy grin.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have to admit the new faces are growing on me. This is probably the most faithful these characters have ever been... let's not forget that Claire and Leon are 19 and 21 respectively in RE2! They always looked older in all versions of RE2 (original and Darkside Chronicles). In DC especially they looked like 25+ each at the very least.

Just no, shit's ugly.

Considering there are versions of these characters (RE4, 5, 6) that look fine there is absolutely no excuse for this other than Capcom has no good artists.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I guess you forgot already all the complaints regarding Roidfield in RE5 lol. Then people complained again when he was changed in RE7, same old story. These aren't ugly, just way different compared to the originals (especially Claire).
    But these actually look their age unlike the previous versions, hopefully they'll act accordingly (no more DC intro Claire please). Heck they'll probably have skins that look more like the original designs anyway, Claire has an Elza costume after all.

They complained about changes (no surprises there) but the characters weren't flat out ugly. They didn't have jacked up faces, even if Chris did hit the pills.

Stop using age as a way to justify ugly character models, that's not a thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's no need to justify anything, these models aren't ugly. You can prefer the others but they aren't objectively ugly, they're way different compared to the more anime look the originals had. Unless you think real people are ugly by default (because that's the issue here, Capcom is using real life models for these characters with the RE engine ever since RE7).
    And I won't stop using the age thing, these models are spot on in that regard. Way more than the originals as well (both in-game and whatever those ugly CG models were supposed to be lol).
    If anything Claire looks too pretty and clean for the situation she's in but I won't judge based on one scene that's apparently from an early build as well.
    They're preserving the original OST, we'll most likely get costumes and skins that look closer to the original character designs. There's absolutely no downside to that.
    And I'd like to point out that some scenes in RE4/5 made the models look awful (Chris in 5 is a pretty good example of this, Leon and Ashley had their moments too). Heck even Julia Voth Jill looks bad at certain angles in RE5.

Edit: If you think these are objectively "ugly" you're nuts, simple as that.

Sounds like you're trying real hard to though. Yeah, they're different and ugly, that's kind of the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Unless you think real people are ugly by default (because that's the issue here, Capcom is using real life models for these characters with the RE engine ever since RE7).
    fucking lol, what the shit are you saying? These aren't real people, and real people are a mixed bag. If your argument is that they made them ugly on purpose then cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    And I won't stop using the age thing, these models are spot on in that regard. Way more than the originals as well (both in-game and whatever those ugly CG models were supposed to be lol).
    If anything Claire looks too pretty and clean for the situation she's in but I won't judge based on one scene that's apparently from an early build as well.

And I'd like to point out that some scenes in RE4/5 made the models look awful (Chris in 5 is a pretty good example of this, Leon and Ashley had their moments too). Heck even Julia Voth Jill looks bad at certain angles in RE5.

Edit: If you think these are objectively "ugly" you're nuts, simple as that.
    Age is irrelevant to making a decent looking character model, it's not a factor especially compared to a PS1 game. And your "even RE4 and 5 had bad shots of characters" is fucking laughable compared to a whole trailer of bad shots and angles.

That picture doesn't look as awful as the trailer, but it's still not great. The only saving grace is that Capcom has a chance to make them look better, but given their recent track record I wouldn't bet on it.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I honestly hate how they try to shove young looking models into games that the majority of purchases are going to be veterans. I'd prefer their mid/late 20's look in the DC, I can't imagine what Ada will look like when Leon barely looks like hes out of high school. For me it takes a little of the seriousness away when the main character is a very young kid.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some additional info:
    -demo only features Leon, starts at the RPD courtyard, 20 minutes long;
    -text implies the actual game starts at the gas station outside Raccoon City so the CG intro of the original is now playable;
    -Marvin's role is expanded;
    -UI is similar to RE7 with 8 inventory slots expanding to 12 during the demo;
    -item boxes and typewriters confirmed;
    -demo is OTS only;
    -game is very dark, some rooms will basically require Leon's flashlight to go through;
    -95% of it was new;
    -some characters only mentioned in files now appear physically in the game;
    -the RPD now has enough bathrooms.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Is Akuma finally a playable character!?