+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Seems like some of the new stuff like the new main hall as well as Claire and Ada's costumes were actually old concept art/ unused ideas from RE2/RE1.5. Maybe we'll see some of those unused monsters as well :D

Edit: some new info from the Capcom stream taken from Reset:

- You can save without ink ribbons but higher difficulty options will let you use ink ribbons for limited saves like traditional old RE games.
    - Besides the initial load or dying, there is no load screen in the game. Entirely seamless experience. No classic door animations.
    - Bite marks are persistent on Leon's neck (maybe until the next time you use a herb ?)
    - Limb destruction is in. You can shoot off parts off zombies/dead bodies.
    - Adding new areas to explore before reaching the RPD. Even the RPD has new areas added to explore (a new third floor we've seen in shots)
    - Classic items like film rolls and themed keys (Spade/club etc) spotted in stream.
    - The shotgun blast is fucking SICK. Tore off half of a zombie's face.
    - Wooden boards can be used to board up windows to stop zombies from coming in. Boards are limited.
    - Capcom is still adjusting the difficulty levels for the game. Aim is to provide intense combat/gameplay feel against brutal/strong zombies.
    - Stopping while aiming is recommend for 'easy aiming'. Walking + shooting is present but incurs drastic aiming penalties.
    - Health indicator pops up during game play, not exclusive to visiting the item menu.
    - Defence items can be retrieved from Zombie corpses.
    - Claire seems to enter the RPD from the opposite side.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Kind of similar to my situation. My friend and I would play it at night, with all lights off. I will always remember that moment the licker breaks through the 2 way mirror. Scared the living shit out us
    havent touched 2 since.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Kind of similar to my situation. My friend and I would play it at night, with all lights off. I will always remember that moment the licker breaks through the 2 way mirror. Scared the living shit out us
    Remember how they changed the dogs busting through windows scene in the GameCube REmake? I'm expecting a similar ploy by Capcom again.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    havent touched 2 since.
    Same. Almost shit my fucking pants.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

RE2 demo was my first contact with a horror game, I was a kid, barely understood English back then and had no idea what the controls were in the PC version. I remember turning the game on when it was already pretty late and dark and of course I died to the first group of zombies when you start the game. The whole scene and the You died screen terrified me so much it took a couple of months before I tried to play it again.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

As a kid I was always more afraid of RE1 than 2, 2 felt more action based to me and 1 scared the shit out of me with the hunters. This looks really good though in terms of scare factor, although I hope that darkness isn't an annoying gimmick in every room.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    As a kid I was always more afraid of RE1 than 2, 2 felt more action based to me and 1 scared the shit out of me with the hunters. This looks really good though in terms of scare factor, although I hope that darkness isn't an annoying gimmick in every room.
    Certain rooms have light switches that you can turn on, the first corridor you see in the demo also has a fuse box so you can probably get extra light there too eventually.

I was lucky. As a kid I just watched my older brother play it while I hid under the covers and covered my face anytime something scary happened. He would start to mess with me and turn the lights off and play in the dark, but those were good times.

I don't think I actually played through them myself until my late teens.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Same. Almost shit my fucking pants.
    i cut the lights on, cut the game off, and took it back to blockbuster maybe 3 minutes later.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What I remember most is Mr. X bursting through the wall. That one sequence overwrote any and all jump scares in the game for me. I don't think a horror game really got to me again until Pyramid Head in Silent Hills 2 a few years later.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You motherfuckers are soft. I played RE2 during the daytime with my cousins & my brother and we all shit our pants together.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Remember how they changed the dogs busting through windows scene in the GameCube REmake? I'm expecting a similar ploy by Capcom again.
    This will b endless sadness if true. RE2 had such a great atmosphere and creepy setting that if it doesn't bring back some of those terrifying moments I will be super sad

This will b endless sadness if true. RE2 had such a great atmosphere and creepy setting that if it doesn't bring back some of those terrifying moments I will be super sad
    They didn't remove the dogs, they just changed where it happens, he was saying a similar thing will probably happen. We already know the first licker scare is in a different place intentionally.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Those jump scares won't scare you again if they happen in the exact same places and situations. They will if they move them around. The licker tease has been moved but it's still there.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! I completely forgot about this lol.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

God, why the fuck did you post that?

I'm gonna have the fucking shivers for the rest of the day.

Lickers were scary but Mr. X in the confession room (or something) made me shit myself in a time I was quite comfortable with the game.

Though I don't think anything will match my reaction to Nemesis chasing me through multiple rooms lol

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Closet hope/fear: Crimson Heads.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Can't wait to see the giant eye on the shoulder pop out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast