1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 10 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -1 hours, -3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

People have to realise that Yoshida intends us to play this game casually.

While I'm not too happy with this as well, I'm not seeing the change in formula in 3.X. I do however foresee 4.X will have some new flares we've all been asking for.

As of now, I haven't even cleared A1 savage and I'm ok with it.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

They could always make dungeon gear progressively stronger, until the raid patch is released and the ilvl cap is raised.

Like right now its i160 gear that drops and we use the tomes to get i180 gear. They could if they really wanted to bump the next requirement to be i185 and release i193 gear, yes stronger than regular alex but below eso and savage gear.

By the time the next raid tier is released, we'll be bumped up another 20 or 30 levels and the dungeons dropped in that patch could be i200 entry and drop i213 gear, better than eso and savage alex gear, while a new raid tier is released that is i230 and 240 with a new tier of tome stone.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    They could always make dungeon gear progressively stronger, until the raid patch is released and the ilvl cap is raised.

Like right now its i160 gear that drops and we use the tomes to get i180 gear. They could if they really wanted to bump the next requirement to be i185 and release i193 gear, yes stronger than regular alex but below eso and savage gear.

By the time the next raid tier is released, we'll be bumped up another 20 or 30 levels and the dungeons dropped in that patch could be i200 entry and drop i213 gear, better than eso and savage alex gear, while a new raid tier is released that is i230 and 240 with a new tier of tome stone.

They need to go back to 2.1 style. Make i210 (or whatever the cap is) a multipath endeavor obtainable by everyone. Give raid gear 3 secondaries, make primals drop i210 accessories, weapons etc.

The bads get i210 to help them try the harder content. The goods get to gear multiple jobs. And the game becomes more about doing content then the silly 10 lvl gear grind bumps. Content will get grinded for BiS. People farmed the shit out of Garuda,Titan,Ifrit for their accessories, for literally zero gain.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm just upset that Bismarck EX was completely useless outside of glamz.

Bismarck should have dropped i190 accessory/belt.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post

it got the Ramuh treatment.

is it even useful for Glamz? haven't heard one person suggest they want to kill it for Glamz.

The weapons kinda universally look like a new-age dishwasher or something, so not really even good for glamour.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    Ramuh dropped useful rings.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Ramuh dropped useful rings.
    Not originally. The rings started as i100.

Content is king.

Even crystal tower.. people did it for 1 item a week that was i80, cause it was something to do and helped secondary jobs.

Drops are just secondary.. my 3 savage drops are neat, but in a few months it will be obsolete anyway. I had fun getting them though!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post

You know, I agree 120%.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Not originally. The rings started as i100.
    They were still useful, an i100 ring at the time was the equivalent of an i200 ring currently (equal to unupgraded tome).

Black Belt
    BG Level

They were still useful, an i100 ring at the time was the equivalent of an i200 ring currently (equal to unupgraded tome).
    no, it would be an i200 ring added during 3.1

Ramuh was added during an odd patch when the top Raid has already been out for 3 months. it was also added in the same patch that added hunts meaning anyone can upgrade their 100 to a 110 without raiding.

Oh right, forgot about that.

I guess a better example would have been Shiva's bracelets (released at the same time as Final Coil, equal to un-upgraded tome).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaope View Post
    4.X will have some new flares we've all been asking for.
    Just wait guys, I swear they will do it better next year!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaudant View Post
    Just wait guys, I swear they will do it better next year!
    I don't think we'll have to wait until 4.x tbh. 3.1 looks pretty promising and is something like 56 days away.

In 3.1 alone we'll be getting:

* 2 new dungeons
    * a new primal
    * a 24-man raid (less linear than CT)
    * FC airship endgame content (a new form of endgame involving a zone full of NMs and rare treasure with a difficulty level between that of CT and Coil)
    * a new Relic weapon quest line (with a slightly different format this time, a bit more story involved it seems)
    * Beast tribe quests (likely the Vanu Vanu and Gnath)
    * a large update to the Gold Saucer (including a new attraction)
    * possibly the new matchmaking and ranking systems for PvP that are in the works, although that might not be until patch 3.2 (mentioned here, here, and here along with the Triple Triad duty finder)
    * possibly Hildibrand

Not to mention the quality-of-life additions (display of party members TP, etc.) and potentially the EU servers.

So more content is coming! They have plenty of new types of activities planned for us in the 3.x series including things like FC airship endgame, GC companions, etc.

In the patch 2.X series of A Realm Reborn which we started in 2013, we spent time solidifying the groundwork for the MMORPG like adding attractions to a theme park. In the future, with the 3.X series, like in patches 3.1 and 3.2 which will be new chapters of Heavensward, we want to start providing a new challenge for everyone. Since we have some ambitious goals, there may be some content which doesn’t work out so well, but we hope to create a new adventure that everyone can enjoy.

Of course, our priority will be developing game content to experience, so we have a goal to mix the types of content we’ve had through now with some truly unique things we have planned.

Source
    They especially want the FC airship content to be more of an open, community experience. The zones will be semi-open world where different groups can potentially run into each other and compete for the same bosses. You'll be able to enter with varying group sizes up to 24 members total. And recruitment will be possible through the PF, so "mercenaries" outside of the FC can join in easily.

"With the 3.X patch series, we're trying to figure out how to bolster the community," he says. "We want to get them involved in something more public and open."

Source
    and

“Again, we’re also thinking about end-game content that can be taken on with things like the community-based Free Companies, and such.”

Source
    I still think there's reason to be optimistic!

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    optimistic!
    Thread killer
    JK thanks for the post. Hoping they show some of this in action in the 14hour broadcast.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post

is it even useful for Glamz? haven't heard one person suggest they want to kill it for Glamz.
    I like the gun.

However, I won't try to get it because there are only two kinds of groups for Bismarck EX:

1) clear groups
    2) people who don't know better than to farm Bismarck EX for useless gear

I don't like the gun enough to try to push through 10 clear groups (also, inventory -1).

Black Belt
    BG Level

Oh right, forgot about that.

I guess a better example would have been Shiva's bracelets (released at the same time as Final Coil, equal to un-upgraded tome).
    no, because Shiva also dropped weapons that people wanted.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    I still think there's reason to be optimistic!
    everything hinges on the Airship content not being crap.

the rest of the list is more of the same even if they do each part of it slightly better.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yah, if the screw the FC content up, it could be very bad. Something, anything, that doesn't require the same group of 7 people is absolutely needed.