Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just finished watching this and damn I have so many questions!! I had no idea what to expect other than how amazon describes it (which really didn't indicate any sci-fi ties) but then I get glimpses of Fringe-like alt universe stuff (and I'm not spoiling that because I have no idea if that's even what it is) I should have waited until a few seasons were out, yeah dat fuckin ending!

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Finished the book last night. All around an odd experience. It feels like 1/2 to 2/3rds of a whole book. Not sure if there's some social commentary or artsy-fartsy bullcrap I'm not picking up on, but it just didn't do it for me. The premise is interesting, though.

This might be one case where, imo, the show has a real chance to eclipse the book in quality.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Jesus, watched the first two episodes last night and I am so fucking hooked.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    "Riders seem to not notice" No, I'm sure they noticed, they just aren't overly sensitive and have places to get to.
    hahaha. This is 200% fact. I rode on a bunch of buses Midtown and not a single person, Jews included, gave a single fuck.

Watched through it. It's pretty damn good. I only watched it because they removed the ad posters. Definitely worth a watch.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    hahaha. This is 200% fact. I rode on a bunch of buses Midtown and not a single person, Jews included, gave a single fuck.

Watched through it. It's pretty damn good. I only watched it because they removed the ad posters. Definitely worth a watch.
    No one gives a shit at all, we have places to be. The only ads I actually see are the ones above eye contact point on the subway, and those are the fake titty ads.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Just finished.

Finale question:
    Spoiler: show
    So am I going too far in saying that the reality we see in the films are actual different realities in time/space, and the heart necklace is some sort of conduit between them? Or is Tagomi just imagining things in his "meditative state"?

Reading some online book discussions, this person had a decent answer:

Disbelief in reality is a recurring motif in Dick's literature. In "Man in the High Castle", his characters are seeing through parallel worlds on occasions. In the ending, his characters are on the brink of realizing that they're themselves fictional. There is a world to which their parallel worlds - the "real" Nazi-ruled world plus an "alternative" world ruled by Great Britain - are also parallel (our world). So the ending is not some sort of a conventional conclusion of the story - we have gone beyond the story.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

New season releases December 16th. Looks pretty interesting.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

HYPE

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I hope they stay mildly true to the weird shit at the end of the book. Would be fucking awesome to see. Especially considering how great the end of last season was.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    HYPE
    This! I can't wait to watch it in 4k <3

my wife and i watched the entire first season and I've got to say- in my opinion, this show drags on so long. Too long.

I dropped out for 3 episodes, came back and it took her 3 sentences to tell me what I missed.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by stealth View Post
    my wife and i watched the entire first season and I've got to say- in my opinion, this show drags on so long. Too long.

I dropped out for 3 episodes, came back and it took her 3 sentences to tell me what I missed.
    Yeah, this show could have been 8-10 episodes without a problem. There were times where it just felt like an eternity. That being said though, I really enjoyed it overall. I'm ready to stream a few tomorrow in 4k HDR :D

BG Level

Just watched the first two episodes and I'm really liking it.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Just watched the first two episodes and I'm really liking it.
    Same, they've kept the tone the same and the story is getting better and better.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Just finished with episode 3. I didn't rewatch season 1 other than a recap but I feel the tension is on a higher note in this season. Maybe it's because the characters are more fleshed out with multiple facets to them. Mostly looking at Smith.

I agree, the general tone seems to remain but I don't feel like these episodes are as drawn out now. Can't wait to finish.

Also, how much of a departure is this from the book (haven't read it in years) (S1 and S2 spoiler):
    Did the Trade minister just meditate himself into another dimension? Was that a thing someone like the Man could do to get the tapes in the novel?

BG Level

Just finished, such a great season. Much more exciting and tense than the first.

Episode 9/10 spoilers
    Still kind of confused with the trade minister's ability/meditation thing to go across realities/worlds. At first, it seemed kind of a meditation aspect, but he confirmed that he has 'powers', and during the time that he was in the alternate world with his wife/alternate Juliana/his son, it looked like he actually disappeared from his own world, as when he came back, Kido was wondering where he went.

And it seems, tapes are/were brought over from alternate reality(ies)? I wonder now if the Man in the High Castle has the same reality traveling ability?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm on episode 8. Really enjoying it so far. Only thing I haven't liked thus far is them
    separating Joe & Juliana. Though I guess at this point where I am, Joe thinks she's dead, and I'm assuming he'll find out she isn't before the season is up.

Also: Lol at this article: http://www.vox.com/culture/2016/12/1...2-amazon-worst

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Just finished, such a great season. Much more exciting and tense than the first.

Episode 9/10 spoilers
    Still kind of confused with the trade minister's ability/meditation thing to go across realities/worlds. At first, it seemed kind of a meditation aspect, but he confirmed that he has 'powers', and during the time that he was in the alternate world with his wife/alternate Juliana/his son, it looked like he actually disappeared from his own world, as when he came back, Kido was wondering where he went.

And it seems, tapes are/were brought over from alternate reality(ies)? I wonder now if the Man in the High Castle has the same reality traveling ability?
    I also just binged/finished it last night. My sentiments exactly. Whatever plagued the first season in terms of pace more than made up for it this season. Lots of things happening: Resistance, Trade Minister, Smiths, Blake, Nazi hegemony, Japanese, Childan/Ed/Frank. Yet I was still able to follow every story because they stitched it well and didn't jump around too much.

I don't know if Dick went into the Sci-Fi of world travel but it seems that there were two worlds: Nazis win and Nazis lose (our world). I thought it was pretty incredible how the writers depicted both worlds - none of them were pretty. Nazis win: cold war between Japan and Reich leading to inevitable destruction. Nazis lose: cold war between US and USSR but with even bigger destruction. I thought the relationship between Trade Minister and his assistant explained to us why they preferred either world - Trade Minister preferred the world where Nazis lose because his family is alive (yet not all was perfect). His assistant preferred the world where the Nazis won because he and his family weren't killed/hurt in the atomic explosions, yet he knows that his new happy world isn't perfect either.

I hope this is it, I don't know how they could make a new season that could top this.

Just finished. Unbelievable season
    So did Juliana's sister actually die? Or could that "new" version of her be from a different timeline? Also was that ending suggesting that Juliana becomes the man in the high castle? what the hell was that?

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Jesus Christ; if I still lived in the midwest I could use all that salt to keep my driveway clear all winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Just finished. Unbelievable season
    So did Juliana's sister actually die? Or could that "new" version of her be from a different timeline? Also was that ending suggesting that Juliana becomes the man in the high castle? what the hell was that?
    I'm taking it that multiple people can traverse like the trade minister.