1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Not for another 6 years, sorry.
    what? they showed Cait Sith in the Void Ark artwork and Cait Sith was pretty early in WotG so even if it's a "lol wotg took forever to complete" joke it's bad and you should feel bad

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    what? they showed Cait Sith in the Void Ark artwork and Cait Sith was pretty early in WotG so even if it's a "lol wotg took forever to complete" joke it's bad and you should feel bad
    I think the joke was that we won't get Cait Sith as a summon until 6 years after s/he appears in Void Ark.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    I think the joke was that we won't get Cait Sith as a summon until 6 years after s/he appears in Void Ark.
    ^ Likely this..but even then I'm sure yoshi will pull another ramuh egi surprise when the time comes.

The only thing that confuses me from a design stand point is why Pharos Hard? Didn't they nerf it into oblivion because the bad players couldn't get through it? Part of me thinks it's because the fact Siren got more love in XI they have to show it up somehow.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    ^ Likely this..but even then I'm sure yoshi will pull another ramuh egi surprise when the time comes.

The only thing that confuses me from a design stand point is why Pharos Hard? Didn't they nerf it into oblivion because the bad players couldn't get through it? Part of me thinks it's because the fact Siren got more love in XI they have to show it up somehow.
    New dungeon is a new dungeon. Nerfing Pharos Sirius Normal has nothing to do with how the Hard Version will be. It was a pure design choice on their behalf (likely because assets are already in place; only a rearrangement & minor additions needed).

I meant it was a joke on a Cait Sith summon in FFXIV. Directed at FFXI. I hate you and everything you stand for.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is that a DRK with PLD AF1?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The electric tape on Koji's shit starting to peel off. Nintendo is gonna get you, Koji! Run!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    The only thing that confuses me from a design stand point is why Pharos Hard?
    I can't see any other reason then it being next on the list.

Going down the Duty Finder list of Dungeons, Pharos is the first non-1.0 dungeon that doesn't have a Hard Mode yet. Would bet that next will be Lost City, then Hullbreaker, Snowcloak, etc.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I can't see any other reason then it being next on the list.

Going down the Duty Finder list of Dungeons, Pharos is the first non-1.0 dungeon that doesn't have a Hard Mode yet. Would bet that next will be Lost City, then Hullbreaker, Snowcloak, etc.
    Yeah, like, I figured given the story (and location), it would have made more sense to be released during the 2.x era after they've basically gutted the normal mode (which technically was a hard mode being optional in the grand scheme of things) so that's why it confuses me from that stand point. I mean I seen it coming, just didn't think they'd wait till we're long past 2.x content to start doing lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah why it is coming out in 3.0 is a bit wtf.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't see why you dudes are so locked up on the fact that it's a revamped 2.X dungeon. A new dungeon is a new dungeon lol.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I just realized Alex Savage is all we are getting until 3.2. I'm not excited for Void Ark. It's going to be just as annoying as CT, and they're going to find some way to make us run it a billion times for the new relic system.

Airship exploration should be some decent midcore content right? Right?

I just got a little sad.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    I don't see why you dudes are so locked up on the fact that it's a revamped 2.X dungeon. A new dungeon is a new dungeon lol.
    I imagine they were thinking that 3.0 would contain all-new dungeons, not more 2.0 dungeons in Hard Mode.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I imagine they were thinking that 3.0 would contain all-new dungeons, not more 2.0 dungeons in Hard Mode.
    Eh, expecting that was pretty naive. They mentioned they designed dungeons in 2.0 for the express purpose of being able to rearrange assets for Hard Modes before. While I would have loved 2 new dungeons per patch, even in 2.X we had 1 new dungeon and 2 arrangements.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I thought most people here knew this would be on par for the course. They set the precedent in 2.X that they would use old assets when they felt it a good idea.

It's just 3.1; there's still 5~6 major patches in this cycle, at least 10-15 dungeons worth, half of which will be new. And who knows whatever else they decide to add as well.

I have an idea in mind that the fact that they seemingly reduced the number of new instanced dungeons down to two they are looking into fleshing out open area content in Heavensward. This should mean that the Airship content will start to take precedence over simple dungeon running. It also should open up the chance for them extending open area maps as well for open dungeon placement. Remains to be seen, however. By 3.2, we'll have an idea where they are going with all this.

Eh, expecting that was pretty naive. They mentioned they designed dungeons in 2.0 for the express purpose of being able to rearrange assets for Hard Modes before. While I would have loved 2 new dungeons per patch, even in 2.X we had 1 new dungeon and 2 arrangements.
    ^

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    I just realized Alex Savage is all we are getting until 3.2. I'm not excited for Void Ark. It's going to be just as annoying as CT, and they're going to find some way to make us run it a billion times for the new relic system.

I just got a little sad.

Nothing different from coil, get over it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    That's been the plan since they first announced it a year ago.

Q8: Currently, there are a lot of content for the hardcore users and the casual users, but not many for the mid-tier users. Are there any plans to implement additional content for the mid-tier users that are able to beat Crystal Tower, but not the Coil of Bahamut?

A8: In the upcoming expansion, we will be introducing a new content for the mid-tier users which is currently referred to as “free company craft” (final name TBD).

Source
    Yoshida: So, this whole idea of Free Company and Free Company crafting as well as the airship, or building an airship is one of the major end game content that the development team is putting a lot of love and effort into.

Source

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Nothing wrong with Dusk Vigil Hard.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Here's some Lord of Vermillion gameplay for those interested in the SE arcade game that the pet battles are based on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEQikLMGJhs

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Hiroshi Takai for SE President.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server