1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Obviously this game isn't the same as FFXIV, and the combat is drastically different than basically a step above FFXI's one-handed play -

But, I wanted to post these Rune sets (basically, Materia) because this is the type of thing that existed on certain pieces of gear in FFXIV 1.0. At the same time, 1.0 had differing gear options where a mix of Darklight, world drops, quest rewards, crafted gear, and Trial weapons were BiS.

This made it so one Paladin tank was very different from the next and we can't have that.

Anyway.

This is a DPS rune which outside of stats and bonuses, adds some flavor to a rotation (potentially) and increases your damage. Pretty standard flair, nothing really special about it or that hasn't been done in a different game.

Spoiler: show

This is another DPS rune that sits outside of a set bonus and requires positioning to activate.

This is a support/DPS rune set. This is more akin to what some the theme of 1.0's buffs were. Running the support build that this rune set benefits is roughly a 65-70% DPS loss for the player. This rune set, even though annoying to get, helps alleviate the personal DPS loss and benefits playing that support role. Since there are a possibility of 19 other players under your support buff, the x% damage they do per hit starts to add up.

tl:dr no one cares because Yoshi P. didn't make it.

Now, FFXIV would never actually say how the actual amount of benefit in some percentage a stat or item would grant, but these are some of 1.0's bonuses.

Note, these are hella fucking hard to find lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    But no one is asking for the entire game to be thrown out and started over. You can take measured steps to improve horizontal progression (e.g. introducing materia that enhances abilities). This adds to the variety and complexity of the game without totally abandoning it.

You're arguing that completely vertical progression is absolutely core to the game's identity and it simply cannot be changed. Notwithstanding the fact that there have been two full sets of endgame armor/accessories as long as this game has existed (so the game has always had horizontal progression, just implemented in a stupid and boring fashion), one can claim virtually anything one prefers as a core identity; the game also had a core identity of a damage reduction turtle tank vs. self-healing berzerker tank (until they changed it), as well as the aforementioned you run endgame raids until the item you want drops and you win the lot on it core identity (until they changed it).

If allowing us to buy the best weapon in the game from a token vendor can be implemented, improved horizontal progression is hardly changing the entire restaurant.

Arguments that we must do nothing because it's too risky otherwise became a lot less compelling when 3.0 was released and BRD/MCH/AST were total garbage. The idea that a game with variety might have broken balance... well, that's basically the same game we've been playing for the last 2 months, only with more variety. Ask a PLD how much more we should sacrifice to preserve this game's balance.
    I'm with you regarding materia system. I would like to see some materia that can you know "enhance attack speed", "grant the effect rage after a certain chain of rotations is done" etc... to bring some variety to the game.

I am now reminded that 1.0's minimalist/borderless minimap was much nicer and less obtrusive and you could see your S/R without having to mouse over the icon to find out if you were DCing.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Did they not have makeup in 1.0? So many pale faces.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    Nah, the models were more detailed but the CC wasn't actually finished. 1.0 was pushed out the door by Wada to try to beat out WoW's new expansion at the time so they added a lot of features to ARR's CC that they didn't make it in time for the initial. That's why no matter what:

This is the 2.0 I was expecting, something that evolved from 1.x (since all they needed to do was move to a new engine (which would have been the same development time), add the new features they said couldn't on 1.x due to the engine and new servers.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    There were a lot of things wrong with 1.0. The models were actually crazy stiff to play in comparison to 2.0. That said, I do believe 1.0's character models were more detailed and had better physics than 2.0's.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

1.0 also had the best solution to armor clipping I've ever seen, until they cut it out because of PS3

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Nah, the models were more detailed but the CC wasn't actually finished. 1.0 was pushed out the door by Wada to try to beat out WoW's new expansion at the time so they added a lot of features to ARR's CC that they didn't make it in time for the initial. That's why no matter what:

This is the 2.0 I was expecting, something that evolved from 1.x (since all they needed to do was move to a new engine (which would have been the same development time), add the new features they said couldn't on 1.x due to the engine and new servers.)

That SS is badass....is that from 1.x? or just a mock?

It was the image they showed when 2.0 was announced, it was basically concept art for what 2.0 was supposed to be like (mostly the UI and such).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    It was the image they showed when 2.0 was announced, it was basically concept art for what 2.0 was supposed to be like (mostly the UI and such).
    ^. Yoshi said it was supposedly from one of the earliest 2.0 builds (1.24) and was what they originally envisioned.

I heard 1.0 used silverlight, I feel so sorry for the developers that had to deal with that.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

The real tragedy is us not getting all that bag space.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    The real tragedy is us not getting all that bag space.
    We have more bag space than that now.

I believe the two purple grids are supposed to be the armoury chest. The four 5x5 grids below it are standard bag space (same as now), and the irregular grid in the bottom left is your equipped gear. If I'm right, then we have about 250 more storage now than in that picture.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

wtfff i want to color my hp/mp bars like that and have mini timers

While I too would like the party HP/MP/TP to be colorized, the timers are only for the player's buffs which isn't really any different from what we have now (can put the status bar above the party list if you want).

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

o_O Is it that hard to distinguish bar 1 is HP, bar 2 is MP and bar 3 is TP?

When there's 50 other things to look at on-screen, and 24 small identical bars all clustered together?

Kinda, yea.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Remember when they said, that one day our choco could be used for item storage?

How fools we were

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'm kind of afraid of to think what's all over your screen that makes it that hard to tell the difference between the 3 bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post

this still looks like it had the 1.23 battle system instead, sad they didn't keep it =(