Closed Thread
Page 101 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Article kind of nixes a Mario RPG 2 and really just makes this yet another spinoff in the vein of Mario + Luigi titles.

Still interested and intrigued, but I want Geno, damnit.
    Mallow can come too.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Never played any Rayman games, but Rabbids just remind me of those Minions from Despicable Me and makes me care very little about this until I see gameplay I guess.

I've already accepted that we are never getting a real Mario RPG 2, even though I really want it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Article kind of nixes a Mario RPG 2 and really just makes this yet another spinoff in the vein of Mario + Luigi titles.

Still interested and intrigued, but I want Geno, damnit.
    Mallow can come too.
    Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is one of my favorite games ever. I still have my original SNES and cart. I would be so happy if they made a second game or HD remake.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Nintendo SWITCH(NX) Information - March 3, 2017

If this has been posted somewhere already, I'll edit this out but:

So there is an app called Rainway being made that will allow you to stream PC games at 60 FPS through a web browser/native apps on any device. Reason I'm bringing this up here is the developers are saying that here will be an app on the EShop for the Switch. Not quite sure if Nintendo would allow something like this, but playing PC games on my switch would be downright amazing. I'm being cautiously optimistic about this.

https://rainway.io/

@rainwayapp if you want to follow their twitter

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

XI on switch?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    XI on switch?
    I would resub if I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    XI on switch?
    More like Trails in the Sky Switch...

...excellent.

That solves my PSTV dilemma if this comes to pass.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Are the Trails games good? I've had them on my steam wishlist for a while but I don't want to spend 20-30 bucks on them D:

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Are the Trails games good? I've had them on my steam wishlist for a while but I don't want to spend 20-30 bucks on them D:
    Everyone seems to rave about them... I have a couple of them bought on PSN but haven't played them.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Good/Great world building and character development, but the graphics (even at the time of release) and gameplay nothing to write home about.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I registered for Rainway. Does their website have a FAQ/About page? I don't see anything. Is everything just posted on Twitter?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Good/Great world building and character development, but the graphics (even at the time of release) and gameplay nothing to write home about.
    If the gameplay isn't fun don't think I could commit to a whole trilogy :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It's not that the gameplay isn't fun, just that its dated in the sense that it isnt current gen refined real-time type combat.

Its your standard turn based fare but does it well enough that its not cumbersome.

Think more Working Designs level heart + soul.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Never had the want or need for real time RPGs anyway. Sounds good, might give it a shot if the story and world is all it's made out to be. Never heard of it til now.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I mean I'd go into it expecting a turn based system. It not being fun because it's not real time wouldn't be the issue. The question is whether or not its fun for a turn based game.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'll write up something when I get home regarding my 2 cents with Trails.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Okay to be blunt, Trails in the Sky does require a bit of a specific mindset/interest to get into it and I wouldn't say the series is for everyone. Like others have said the graphics and gameplay are nothing to really write home about. However what really makes the game shine is the world, characters, and overall stories in the series.

For graphics I'm just going to make it short and say it's 2D sprites on a 3D map and leave it at that.

Gameplay wise it plays like your typical RPG with some strategy elements thrown in. Each character has their own unique set of skills that are exclusive to them and through customizing their orbment (more on that later) they can use arts (magic). Skills require CP to use which is accumulated through battle by attacking/taking hits and arts require EP which works like mana/MP in other RPGs. One thing to note about crafts is each character has "ultimates" which is called S-Crafts. They require 100 CP and will fully drain your CP bar once used, however if you use an S-Craft when your CP is at max (200) the craft will deal more damage. Another nice feature with S-Crafts is each character will have one set as their default. The benefit to your default S-Craft is once you have a party member at 100+ CP you can have them interrupt the order to have them act next to unleash their default S-Craft which can come helpful in a pinch if they're nearly dead (since CP will be reset to zero if you're KO'd).

Now for orbment/arts. Each character has a device called an "orbmet" which contains slots they can insert/remove elemental objects called quartz into. Quartz allow you to customize your the parameters of each character and a few other things. However the real benefit to the orbment system is you learn arts from it. Each equipped quartz provides

Another benefit you get from the orbment system is learning arts from it. It's a bit tricky to explain but each characters device has "orbment lines" that originate from the center and wrap around the device. On top of that quartz have elemental points on them which increase the elemental properties of a line when they're placed in the slots that follow it. Depending on the quartz and positioning will determine the outcome of what arts a character will have available. It sounds weird but once you play the game you'll pick it up.

For the story it's really hard to explain without spoiling it, but what makes it such a great experience is the characters. and the dialogue between them. I really can't put it into words but this vid does a good job explaining:

Like I said, I can't really say the gameplay will blow your mind but if you want a good story, then I can't recommend this game enough.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by xElipsis View Post
    I registered for Rainway. Does their website have a FAQ/About page? I don't see anything. Is everything just posted on Twitter?
    It's pretty barebones right now, so just Twitter/Facebook. Honestly, I wouldn't get too excited for this right now, as I have a good feeling Nintendo won't accept/give or license for it. Some people would buy the switch and be like 'oh, I'm not going to buy any switch games as I only want to play my PC games on here.'

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    It's pretty barebones right now, so just Twitter/Facebook. Honestly, I wouldn't get too excited for this right now, as I have a good feeling Nintendo won't accept/give or license for it. Some people would buy the switch and be like 'oh, I'm not going to buy any switch games as I only want to play my PC games on here.'
    But then Nintendo pockets 300 bucks for the Switch, which isn't selling at a loss.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Okay to be blunt, Trails in the Sky does require a bit of a specific mindset/interest to get into it and I wouldn't say the series is for everyone. Like others have said the graphics and gameplay are nothing to really write home about. However what really makes the game shine is the world, characters, and overall stories in the series.

For graphics I'm just going to make it short and say it's 2D sprites on a 3D map and leave it at that.

Gameplay wise it plays like your typical RPG with some strategy elements thrown in. Each character has their own unique set of skills that are exclusive to them and through customizing their orbment (more on that later) they can use arts (magic). Skills require CP to use which is accumulated through battle by attacking/taking hits and arts require EP which works like mana/MP in other RPGs. One thing to note about crafts is each character has "ultimates" which is called S-Crafts. They require 100 CP and will fully drain your CP bar once used, however if you use an S-Craft when your CP is at max (200) the craft will deal more damage. Another nice feature with S-Crafts is each character will have one set as their default. The benefit to your default S-Craft is once you have a party member at 100+ CP you can have them interrupt the order to have them act next to unleash their default S-Craft which can come helpful in a pinch if they're nearly dead (since CP will be reset to zero if you're KO'd).

Now for orbment/arts. Each character has a device called an "orbmet" which contains slots they can insert/remove elemental objects called quartz into. Quartz allow you to customize your the parameters of each character and a few other things. However the real benefit to the orbment system is you learn arts from it. Each equipped quartz provides

Another benefit you get from the orbment system is learning arts from it. It's a bit tricky to explain but each characters device has "orbment lines" that originate from the center and wrap around the device. On top of that quartz have elemental points on them which increase the elemental properties of a line when they're placed in the slots that follow it. Depending on the quartz and positioning will determine the outcome of what arts a character will have available. It sounds weird but once you play the game you'll pick it up.

For the story it's really hard to explain without spoiling it, but what makes it such a great experience is the characters. and the dialogue between them. I really can't put it into words but this vid does a good job explaining:

Like I said, I can't really say the gameplay will blow your mind but if you want a good story, then I can't recommend this game enough.
    This sounds like one level above FF9's system for unlocking abilities.