Page 10 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Also new Zelda delayed to 2017
    God fucking dammit! Fuck you NX!

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Another twilight princess...

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Missing xmas is not good for the launch. Im sure it was planned and delayed.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I'm sure Nintendo just said fucked it for WIIU, and they wanna make sure people buy Zelda on NX

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post
    Missing xmas is not good for the launch. Im sure it was planned and delayed.
    Honestly I think they are just trying to avoid PS4k/VR and whatever Xbox will be doing to compete

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I'm sure Nintendo just said fucked it for WIIU, and they wanna make sure people buy Zelda on NX
    I mean for a launch title its hard to beat a new zelda game thats been in dev for three years. Especially compared to the WiiUs launch titles. Hell i bought a WiiU day 1 and it basically did nothing for six months until MH3U released.

Im sure I'll buy one. I sure hope they do a better job marketing this time around... They can't afford another WiiU situation.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The NX delay initially really confused me. No holiday boost. No E3 hype building. No TGS hype building. Zelda delayed along with it. No Wii U support through the holidays.

In thinking about it more, I had the same reaction: they don't want to compete with PS4 Neo but want to compete with the PS4 in general. Them doing a separate event says they feel the NX can stand up against the PS4 (I'm not saying it can yet, I'm saying Nintendo believes it can) which is a promising sign. Kimishima, for his unpersonable demeanor compared to Iwata, does know how to run a business. Also pushing it back means they can aim for a 400 price point, because the sell-through rate on software will be through the roof if they can launch with a Zelda and any number of Mario, Metroid, Kirby, etc titles off the bat. Thats not even including the obvious Smash 4/Splatoon updates and whatever bombshell multiplat titles they may be able to get for a launch window from a big JP hitter.

It also lets the Neo languish or succeed on its own merits for the holiday. If it doesn't perform well, "Hey, heres a great alternative" and if it does perform well it's enough of a gap between the holidays and spring to not have to worry about it.

Time to sit back and enjoy the ride for a little. E3 will be disappointing now with nothing coming, but the later half of the year through TGS and into the holidays should be pretty eventful.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

From what I've briefly read, the delay is so they can have games to go along with the NX (read: they wanted Zelda as a release title).

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Let's be honest, Nintendo still has a shot to win E3 just by releasing Mother 3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Let's be honest, Nintendo still has a shot to win E3 just by releasing Mother 3
    As a New 3DS exclusive? No thanks.

You know thats what they would do. Same for Seiken 3.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Moving NX out of holidays is rough but I get wanting to get out of the way of potential PS4 neo or Xbone1.5 releases. Probably why NX won't be shown at E3 as well so they don't have to share media coverage with likely Neo/Xbone announcements. Theres also the small chance that Nintendo wanted to see what specs Neo would be as most would expect/demand a new system to be stronger. If Nintendo is charming back the 3rd party devs like rumored I wonder how they feel about having all NX miss holiday and all their huge releases for the year. Ports of big games 5months late like Wii U release isn't reassuring.

Nintendo's E3 is sure gonna feel empty even with juggernauts like Zelda and Pokemon on the horizon to show off. Besides Paper Mario what else could they possibly show?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pikmin 4 was mentioned. I don't know a lot of people that care about Pikmin 4, though.

It'll only be "the worst holiday for nintendo evarr" if somehow Pokemon Sun/Moon tanks; and last I heard, everyone in Japan buys a copy of one version or the other until Capcom shits out its next Monster Hunter, so don't count on it.

It's a given they're not going to woo any 3rd party devs unless their machine is up to snuff with current gen industry standards. The only reason Resident Evil 4 happened is because ATI helped the GameCube become the most powerful rig before Microsoft offered us its ~*brilliant 720p*~ blood gulch fps. At least Nintendo still makes fun games, but you can bet on their machine falling short of expectations again.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Financial report - https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427e.pdf

Zelda Wii U will be playable at E3.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Financial report - https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427e.pdf

Zelda Wii U will be playable at E3.

they even seems to say that Zelda WIIU will be the only playable game at E3

That kinda sucks if it<s true

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Really disappointed that this got pushed back so far. Hopefully they still have some surprises around E3 or their Nintendo Direct is going to be really boring.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

How the hell are you gonna all but say "We're pushing back Zelda so it's a launch title for NX", and then show us the game playable on Wii U. Man, twilight princess all over again and I am fucking rustled.

BG Level

Emily Rogers ‏@ArcadeGirl64 7 minil y a 7 minutes Voir la traduction
    "Kimishima said the company could cease production of the Wii U by March 2018." http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-nin...-idUKKCN0XO0JC … If NX is a success, it'll be sooner

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    How the hell are you gonna all but say "We're pushing back Zelda so it's a launch title for NX", and then show us the game playable on Wii U. Man, twilight princess all over again and I am fucking rustled.
    I mean.. you're equating a demo with a finished product. I remember playing a demo for the horse riding in Twilight Princess on GC at a Nintendo event in 2005, didn't mean the game was ready.

That said, do I think the game will be ready before the NX/would have been ready sooner had it not been made for both -- absolutely, same as Twilight Princess. If they pull the same shit they did with Twilight Princess, releasing the NX one first and delaying the Wii U version, I'll be pissed then.

Actually, probably will be pissed regardless.. gotta buy an NX at release now.. grumble grumble.....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

time to sell my WiiU while its still worth something. Its a dead console from now until ... ever

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can't imagine the WiiU touchscreen controller not continuing to be used liberally as a peripheral in dozens of NX titles just as the wiimote nun-chuck is used for many WiiU titles.
    May want to only sell the toaster, not the touchpad.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast