Closed Thread
Page 116 of 151 FirstFirst ... 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast
    It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

None of this sells me the switch as a worthwhile buy. Looks like the same fucking mistakes the wii and wiiu both made. But I still have to buy it for Xenoblade.

Damn you, Nintendo..

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I wish Nintendo would just go third party already.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Don't forget that the app has to be in the foreground and you can't turn off the display, and you hopefully don't get any phone calls or text messages while using it.
    Holy shit lmao!

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Are you saying that this doesn't look like a simple and convenient solution to online gaming?

Don't forget that the app has to be in the foreground and you can't turn off the display, and you hopefully don't get any phone calls or text messages while using it.
    Jesus Christ I didn't realize Nintendo was THAT far back in terms of online gaming.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Came in here to see what ppl said about the new app. I was shocked to see people are shocked that this system is as bad as people thought it was when announced.

C'mon guyzzzz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

By system do you mean the app thing or Switch as a whole? Because the Switch is awesome simply for the portability.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wow such a fail by Nintendo. Just put Netflix on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Cool, now when people ask me why I hate voice chat instead of saying; "Because I like my quiet time and hate all your whiney-ass voices!", I can just say, "Nintendo".

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    By system do you mean the app thing or Switch as a whole? Because the Switch is awesome simply for the portability.
    App thing, this thing was gauranteed fail the moment it was announced if they didn't fix the convoluted system they proposes. Andddd they didnt.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Can't argue with that.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    App thing, this thing was gauranteed fail the moment it was announced if they didn't fix the convoluted system they proposes. Andddd they didnt.

Sadly it won't fail for the reason that people want voice chat and it's their only choice of voice chat to use.

I mean most people won't want a laptop near with discord

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I mean most people won't want a laptop near with discord
    Or they can just use Discord on their phone with a wireless headset (or wired, or whatever).

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Or they can just use Discord on their phone with a wireless headset (or wired, or whatever).
    Then it's kinda the same as Nintendo app

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Except it doesn't come with the mountain of problems that the Nintendo app has.

The entire situation is fucking stupid, but who knows if Nintendo will ever pull their head out of their ass and just allow voice chat on the Switch itself.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Feels like they're scared to death of console implementations due to potential holes and early hacking, effectively killing the console before it gets going. Nothing is going to convince me the switch can't run code for a proper user experience. There's just no excuse beyond archaic mindset and/or piss poor work. Piss poor work being what I lean toward. They have never had proper online gaming worth two drops in a bucket of piss, and they have no idea how to implement something like that into their core, despite every sign pointing to the possibility to do so.

Sadly looks like their photos app is going to be the entrypoint that potentially sees this console vulnerable early. They fuck up every time for adding anything that goes outside of the "it plays vidya games!" aspect. 3DS used an easily exploitable browser. Switch is using an exploitable photo application. Wii had problems in the memory interfacing. The WiiU is vulnerable from the browser. I don't think they're ever going to learn. It's the same shit every time as far as learning from past mistakes. They do the same thing over and over. People are catching onto it. And Nintendo is handling it in the most retarded way possible.

I could be wrong, it may have nothing to do with hacking or system instabilities. But I'm running out of justifications for stupidity. Another likely situation could be that they just don't have the manpower to write anything into the OS, and without a serious overhaul it would never work. You'd need a lot of work to bake something like that in like it fucking should be.

I dunno. I can finally afford one of these but as I continue on the days, I think it'll end up another Mario, Zelda, Xenoblade and done ordeal. Having done that so many times... ugh. Someone said it. Third party please. I saw that mess of a photo earlier today and seriously reconsidered if I actually want one yet. It's begging for a Switch PRO (tm) now with 100% more integrated voice chat and proper jacks for easily connecting headsets.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm really glad I don't care about mutliplayer games on consoles because this whole online chat thing Nintendo is doing looks like such a mess lol.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I love my Switch and I'll always be a Nintendo fanboy but I'll be god damned if they don't continue to make Xno's argument for him lmao.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Then it's kinda the same as Nintendo app
    Not if you can use wireless headsets. Foes the discord app run in the background? If so it's already better than Nintendo's app.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Not if you can use wireless headsets. Foes the discord app run in the background? If so it's already better than Nintendo's app.

It is in the fact that Nintendo is unable to do something integrated in their console.

w/e i use Discord or Nintendo app, if i get a phone call it will 'interupt' the conversation, and drain my phone battery

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Are you saying that this doesn't look like a simple and convenient solution to online gaming?

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Convoluted chat set-up;

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    On the "chat setup" this is only if you want game audio through the headset alone with chat audio, which isn't something that most people use/is easy to setup on PS4/Xbox. People overreacting because Nintendo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I think most of you are looking at this from the perspective of docked play at home. Rightfully so, this is very inconvenient.

For the portable aspect of this however, it does achieve their goal of portability. The cord length doesn't matter if your're playing in a car or an airplane.