BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    So the only reason you guys are swooning over this completely lackluster game is muh nostalgia

Got it
    It couldn't be that we have different tastes... that's imposibru

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why can't SE make ffxi-2 with hd backgrounds

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    So the only reason you guys are swooning over this completely lackluster game is muh nostalgia

Got it
    Or it could be that SE is willing to at least attempt something that isn't mired in a 10 year development cycle with the need for 4k Ultra HD 60FPS graphics above anything else; such as the narrative held together by bread bag twist ties.

At this point, any attempt at something that pulls from their NES/SNES roots is a welcomed attempt.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I find it funny you guys are arguing over this when Hollow Knight is 2D, beautiful, rich in content/play time and is cheap. The game should not be that much, it doesn't even look slightly worth that.

I mean when the thing that looks best is the background and not characters it seems to me that the majority of development time goes into making the background and added effects...which well, if they're sacrificing content for looks that would be hilarious since it doesn't even look that good.

The sprite work is pretty rough and frankly I would've done the opposite with nicer sprites and rougher backgrounds.
    Disclaimer: I've only watched maybe 3 minutes of footage of the demo, haven't played it because I don't own a switch.

It's rough in that it's low resolution, sure. But I feel like that was an intentional decision, not a lack of resources and/or laziness. I also think the character sprites are pretty far ahead of the backgrounds in terms of effort. Making a low-res sprite that doesn't get too fucked by anisotropic filtering with the camera moving around takes a decent amount of design effort to pull off. I do agree there's a slight mismatch in quality between the backgrounds and characters, but that doesn't bother me too much, I think the overall aesthetic is pretty great, and would broach on amazing if it weren't for the ugly vignetting effect.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-on-the-switch

So it seems that the FFXV Pocket Version may not be the Switch port and that Tabata and SE on the whole are figuring out how to get the game running on Switch.

They used their current engine, which proved to be "unsatisfactory" but they did get it to run. They have even gone as far as to reach out to Epic and discuss a few options about porting XV to Unreal so it can work better on the Switch.

Tabata's quote at the end sounds a lot like "this is something we want to achieve ASAP - but want to do it correctly" instead of "yeah, we're thinking about it".

Conspiracy time: FE7 Remake and KH3 are using UE4. Even if SE is forced to use the pocket XV version for Switch, this bodes pretty strong for Switch to receive FF7R or KH3 somewhere down the line if not at launch.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Turns out the Switch does ship with a game included on the system, NES Golf!

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I just saw that right now. Have to wait until I get home to test it...

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

According to sources if you had your Switch connected to the internet you are SOL

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Yeah the game is only accessible on the day Iwata passed away, so if you connected your switch to the internet, your date was updated and you're out of luck.

The going theory is that Golf being in there is a way to remember and honor Iwata; the game was programmed by him alone, and the Switch was his last project he touched.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Lost sphear demo coming next week for JP

it’s the beginning of the game and save will transfer to main game

No idea I’d coming to NA but probsbly will

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Hopefully it significantly improves on Setsuna. That game was just... lacking, in a lot of ways. Didn't feel like a full price game.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Not sure if it was posted, but it looks like Nintendo is not wanting the Rainway app for the Switch. @Rainwayapp was asking people to retweet @NintendoAmerica asking for it. But im not entirely sure of the situation. Going to be a huge bummer to not have it on the Switch..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by xElipsis View Post
    Not sure if it was posted, but it looks like Nintendo is not wanting the Rainway app for the Switch. @Rainwayapp was asking people to retweet @NintendoAmerica asking for it. But im not entirely sure of the situation. Going to be a huge bummer to not have it on the Switch..
    Eh, I kind of doubt Nintendo - King Stingy about their proprietary information would let them use the Switch browser and post about running other console games on the Switch and then turn around and say "No thanks".

I kind of read it more as "Nintendo is letting us do this, but show them they have fan support to get behind it 100%" as a way to promote Rainway and not necessarily Nintendo shutting it down.

With the amount of Switch stuff Rainway posts on their twitter, Nintendo would have CnD'ed that a while ago if they weren't permitting it. It's probably more that no apps are approved (including stuff like Netflix) than Rainway not getting an "ok".

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Mario Odyssey Switch up for preorder:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._i=16227128011

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Any recommendations on a charging cable for the switch? Getting ready for a big trip so gonna need it.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I use the Google Pixel Charger and its associated cable for all my on the go USB-C needs. Supports power delivery so it's gtg for the Switch.

Using a low quality USB-C cable can fuck your shit up (LG phones are pretty notorious about this), so it's worth the extra money for the Google shit imo. Sold out online, but you can probably find them at Best Buy or wherever.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Stardew Valley releasing October 5th

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Game Rentals are coming to Redbox, but only 3 Cities to start
    • San Antonio, Texas
    • Portland, Oregon
    • Seattle, Washington
    http://www.redbox.com/browse/switch-games

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Wireless USB headset support added with 4.0!

Among other upgrades:

Capture video on select games
    • To capture video, hold down the Capture Button during gameplay
    • Up to maximum of the previous 30 seconds will be saved in the Album. You can trim the beginning and end of each clip, and post to Facebook and Twitter.
    • As of October 18th, 2017, this feature is compatible with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, and Splatoon 2

Select from 12 new Super Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild icons for your user
    • To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile

Transfer user and save data to another system
    • To transfer, head to System Settings > Users > Transfer Your User and Save Data

Pre-purchase option on Nintendo eShop
    • A pre-purchase option will be available for certain games. This option allows pre-load of the game to your system for quicker play when the game is released.
    • This feature will be supported by future game releases

News channel updates
    • The news feed has been updated with a new look.
    • Unfollowing a channel will remove that channel’s content from the news feed and following the channel again will make it reappear.

Match software version with a group of local users
    • To create a group, head to the software’s Options > Software Update > Match Version with Local Users
    • Everyone’s software will be updated to match the most recent version in the group
    • All users must be on system menu version 4.0.0 or later to view and join a group
    Wireless USB support is not listed in the changelog, but it did come with the update and multiple places have confirmed it works with the same headsets as PS4. Probably in there as a "work in progress" feature as it doesnt work across the board, but it does work.