Page 126 of 151 FirstFirst ... 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If you play a game for a 100 hours before you realized its shit, it probably wasn't.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have something like 120 hours in Fallout 4 and I think it's garbage. But I was so desperate to convince myself it wasn't, that combined with mods it dragged me out until I couldn't take it anymore.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Nintendo SWITCH(NX) Information - March 3, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Majora's Mask must be the worst Zelda game. No Ganon. 4 dungeons. No weapon variety. Lose items every time you reset to the first day. Can cheese the last boss if you get all the masks.
    Yeah. Let’s conveniently forget MM was a gaiden game that can hardly be considered a main entry into the series. A side project that recycled assets and engines from a critically acclaimed game that redefined the franchise which was released shortly before it. Even then til this day, MM is still polarizing as shit so your point falls flat on its face. Other than that, totally comparable bro!

This is why it’s next to impossible to have an honest discussion with the diehard Nintendo fanbase.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post

This is why it’s next to impossible to have an honest discussion with the diehard Nintendo fanbase.
    To be fair, its next to impossible to have an honest discussion with the diehard anti-Nintendo fanbase as well.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Some games you have to play for 100 hours before you even realise it's a piece of shit. That's basically how I feel about most Bethesda games past Morrowind, except now it takes a lot less time to figure out whether the game is fun or not. In Zelda's case, it being the only game on the Switch worth playing and being portable helped a LOT.

A lot of people spend that time hoping for progression of gameplay systems or whatnot and basically it never comes before you realise you've spent 100 hours on it
    Christ I don't frequently agree with you, but on the topic of BotW you are speaking to my SOUL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Yeah. Let’s conveniently forget MM was a gaiden game that can hardly be considered a main entry into the series. A side project that recycled assets and engines from a critically acclaimed game that redefined the franchise which was released shortly before it. Even then til this day, MM is still polarizing as shit so your point falls flat on its face. Other than that, totally comparable bro!

Not sure how a small sarcastic jab is any worse than peoples blanket statements that BotW is a garbage game because they didn't personally enjoy it or it didn't meet their unrealistic expectation of what is or isn't a Zelda game or a videogame period. I'm fine with people not liking or even hating the game. Doesn't bother me that people have their own opinions of things. I just found a lot of the "reasons" strange. As if people were going out of their way to justify why they thought the game wasn't good instead of realizing it just doesn't appeal to them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Bamco is working on 3 Switch Exclusives for 2018 release, Surprised on how fast the Switch caught on
    https://gematsu.com/2017/11/bandai-n...ng-summer-2018

SE to bring "new, existing, and/or revival" IPs to the Console, Aggressively Pursuing Switch Development
    https://gematsu.com/2017/11/square-e...sults-briefing

Ubisoft to Invest more into the Console
    https://www.dualshockers.com/ubisoft...h-happy-sales/

EA Holding off for a 12-Month review of the Console, FIFA sales were disappointing
    https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/..._12_months.php

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

EA disappointed in FIFA when they released an incomplete version of it? What do you know...

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

EA struggling with how to adapt their "games as a service" model to the Switch. Tragic.

They're such a blight on the industry.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

http://nintendoeverything.com/hulu-c...-switch-today/

Netflix can't be far behind. This is good news.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    http://nintendoeverything.com/hulu-c...-switch-today/

Netflix can't be far behind. This is good news.
    Time to upgrade the entertainment in the living room.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Are you saying the switch is the only source of external device in your living room? Doesn’t matter if switxh gets Netflix, switxh can’t push out a 4K signal like PS4 or a native smart TV app

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah Switch getting it means it gives me a portable platform for it since I don't own tablets. No idea why someone would replace their living room stuff with it lol

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I connect my pc from the office to the TV via HDMI, but then that means I have to go to that pc to change content. I have casting devices, but they don't work with my current sound system correctly. My only console atm is the old Wii U, so if I want to sit on the couch and load stuff I have to use that. However, the Wii U is all but dead to me so I never even turn it on anymore, and I can browse content faster on pc so I just make the walk to the office.

I'd only entertain a Nintendo system for the 1st party titles cause that's all they got, and I wouldn't buy one at this point if it didn't have multimedia capabilities. Also, if you want to game in 4k get a real PC =P.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

@Tyrath: Smart phone?
    @Salodin: I have an old PC I have dedicated to a TV now. I don't own a 4k TV so I don't need a beefy Media Center rig, you could always try something like that. I know the big thing now is chrome cast + "free TV app integrated with VPN" (holding back from using the name of the app because I don't know what is allowed to be spoken of)

Why has Nintendo taken so long to release Apps on the Switch?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well yeah, but watching things on phones sucks.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by xElipsis View Post
    Is it Nintendo dragging its feet, or are the app developers slow to create them? I don't actually know how to tell one way or the other.

Though if I had to guess at an answer, it's probably because they're paranoid about 3rd party apps with security flaws allowing people to hack the system, since that seems to be a running theme with other Nintendo hardware.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Is it Nintendo dragging its feet, or are the app developers slow to create them? I don't actually know how to tell one way or the other.

Though if I had to guess at an answer, it's probably because they're paranoid about 3rd party apps with security flaws allowing people to hack the system, since that seems to be a running theme with other Nintendo hardware.
    That, and its also Nintendo slow-footing it a bit to get a grasp on how they want to approach their online content. For all we know maybe they want to launch a Nintendo channel with the old 90's cartoons available for streaming besides whatever VC options they want to offer.

Hulu being approved means we may be getting specific details on their online offerings soon.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post

There's a german interview with the app developer for Hulu floating around, wherein he says they could have easily had an app ready for the Switch's launch, but Nintendo said they wanted the Switch to be purely for gaming at first.

Which is kind of baffling, because they could have marketed it as a replacement for tablets, too. Instead, most people's Switch sat around collecting dust after Zelda.

Regardless, hopefully this means Netflix and co. are just around the corner. Youtube and a browser would be really nice, but they're probably more cautious about them because of kernel exploits.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by xElipsis View Post
    @Tyrath: Smart phone?
    @Salodin: I have an old PC I have dedicated to a TV now. I don't own a 4k TV so I don't need a beefy Media Center rig, you could always try something like that. I know the big thing now is chrome cast + "free TV app integrated with VPN" (holding back from using the name of the app because I don't know what is allowed to be spoken of)

The problem is those casting devices don't output sound to my sound bar, so I'd have to use my tv speakers and lolno at that. I've heard of solutions being to connect it to a receiver, but I don't use one and am not dropping hundreds on one when I can use my 50ft HDMI cable to literally go to the other side of the same wall to get what I want. Or, use a console. My PC shits all over consoles, so I only look at 1st party titles of which Nintendo has the most/best.

First world problems =/