Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Nintendo NX Information - March 2017

What thing has Nintendo done or announced as of late that had you saying "That looks interesting.." without adding a "But I hope they don't... " at the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    What thing has Nintendo done or announced as of late that had you saying "That looks interesting.." without adding a "But I hope they don't... " at the end

The Playstation 4 Neo looks interesting, but I hope they don't alienate early adopters of the PS4.
    Microsoft's XBone bundles look interesting, but I hope it isn't preceding an updated model revision.
    Final Fantasy XV's deluge of media content looks interesting, but I hope it isn't another "Spirits Within" fiasco.
    Mighty Number 9 looks like its coming along, I hope it isn't delayed again.
    Fable looks interesting, I hope Lionhead Studios doesn't close.

That criteria could be applied universally, across both the gaming industry and anything anyone derives entertainment or joy from.

For all the flack Nintendo gets (sometimes deservedly) about the way they handle their business practices, it says something that despite all that they are the lone video game console producer in the industry that does not have another line of business there to support their "adventures". Yet somehow, they've endured.

The Wii U is a great console. It could have been an amazing console. Nintendo drastically miscalculated the software support needed to keep the console alive upon launch, and drastically miscalculated the residual effect the "Wii" branding would have on the unit. They're still a very successful business, now run by a very accomplished businessman; greater than Iwata imho on the business aspect. Don't expect them to make that same mistake twice.

tl;dr - Nintendo isn't folding or failing as a company anytime soon. Move along.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    What thing has Nintendo done or announced as of late that had you saying "That looks interesting.."

Fixed. This is part of the problem. They have to announce something. I mean when the WiiU dropped, unless you were really reading news and such, many people weren't even aware that this was a new console. People to this day still think there is just the Wii, and the WiiU was an add on or whatever. (I've literally had people say, "What's a WiiU? You mean a Wii?") I was listening to a podcast this morning and they were saying how this is the only Nintendo console...ever? To not have it's own exclusive Zelda title. I don't know if they think because they're Nintendo, they don't need to generate hype around their new machine, but they are just gonna end up with another WiiU on their hands. They have like 1 game coming the rest of the year. Zelda got pushed to next year, but it'll be the superior version for another console.

They announced their ONLY playable game on the E3 floor will be Zelda. What? I guess they aren't ready to show off their next next gen games yet, but to have one game? You're losing your audience.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    The Playstation 4 Neo looks interesting, but I hope they don't alienate early adopters of the PS4.
    Microsoft's XBone bundles look interesting, but I hope it isn't preceding an updated model revision.
    Final Fantasy XV's deluge of media content looks interesting, but I hope it isn't another "Spirits Within" fiasco.
    Mighty Number 9 looks like its coming along, I hope it isn't delayed again.
    Fable looks interesting, I hope Lionhead Studios doesn't close.

That criteria could be applied universally, across both the gaming industry and anything anyone derives entertainment or joy from.

For all the flack Nintendo gets (sometimes deservedly) about the way they handle their business practices, it says something that despite all that they are the lone video game console producer in the industry that does not have another line of business there to support their "adventures". Yet somehow, they've endured.

The problem is that people want Nintendo ran a certain way

Nintendo is running their business their own way, and kudos to them for keeping it that way.

While M$ and Sony just try to please the mass, Nintendo please their real fans

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Fixed. This is part of the problem. They have to announce something. I mean when the WiiU dropped, unless you were really reading news and such, many people weren't even aware that this was a new console. People to this day still think there is just the Wii, and the WiiU was an add on or whatever. (I've literally had people say, "What's a WiiU? You mean a Wii?") I was listening to a podcast this morning and they were saying how this is the only Nintendo console...ever? To not have it's own exclusive Zelda title. I don't know if they think because they're Nintendo, they don't need to generate hype around their new machine, but they are just gonna end up with another WiiU on their hands. They have like 1 game coming the rest of the year. Zelda got pushed to next year, but it'll be the superior version for another console.

They announced their ONLY playable game on the E3 floor will be Zelda. What? I guess they aren't ready to show off their next next gen games yet, but to have one game? You're losing your audience.
    Did Virtual Boy have a Zelda title?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I was listening to a podcast this morning and they were saying how this is the only Nintendo console...ever? To not have it's own exclusive Zelda title.
    Virtual Boy. =P

I understand the point of your post, but people cannot truly believe Zelda will be their only playable title on floor this year for E3. Cmon now.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

No, but it did have Wario's Woods.

I keep buying Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games. I'm bummed my Wii U has gotten so little play (I really wish I was better at Splatoon) but my 3Ds gets regular use and I'm yet to play anything on my Xbone that isn't Rock Band. The PS4 and Bloodborne are sitting there, but I haven't even touched it because that's not at my desk with my computer.

I realize I'm a part of the "problem" but I don't mind. I like Nintendo, so I'm on their hook until they do something colossally dumb to let me off.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    No, but it did have Wario's Woods.

I keep buying Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games. I'm bummed my Wii U has gotten so little play (I really wish I was better at Splatoon) but my 3Ds gets regular use and I'm yet to play anything on my Xbone that isn't Rock Band. The PS4 and Bloodborne are sitting there, but I haven't even touched it because that's not at my desk with my computer.

I realize I'm a part of the "problem" but I don't mind. I like Nintendo, so I'm on their hook until they do something colossally dumb to let me off.
    And don't let anyone tell you it's a problem

There is nothing wrong in buying a console just for mario/zelda/etc if it'S your thing

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    And don't let anyone tell you it's a problem

There is nothing wrong in buying a console just for mario/zelda/etc if it'S your thing
    Yeah, it's mostly brand loyalty at this point. I grew up playing a Nintendo and the early installments of these franchises, so I don't mind shelling out for the means to play the new ones, even if that's the only bit I end up playing on it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Yeah, it's mostly brand loyalty at this point. I grew up playing a Nintendo and the early installments of these franchises, so I don't mind shelling out for the means to play the new ones, even if that's the only bit I end up playing on it.
    I've found as I've gotten older too, that I'll only end up buying 6-10 games for a system now with a few exceptions. Where on systems like the PSX or SNES I have shelves worth of games.

If I only play Mario, Zelda and Smash plus a few others on a console, It's a pretty good purchase in my mind.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Virtual Boy. =P

I understand the point of your post, but people cannot truly believe Zelda will be their only playable title on floor this year for E3. Cmon now.
    From Nintendo directly:

E3: Nintendo changes its approach to the show every year. This June, Nintendo will focus its attentions on the upcoming game in The Legend of Zelda series. The Wii U version of the game will be playable for the first time on the E3 show floor, and it will be the only playable game Nintendo presents at the show, in order to provide attendees a complete immersion. Additional information about Nintendo's E3 plans will be announced in the future.
    sauce: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...ndo_game_at_e3
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/27/115...of-zelda-wii-u

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, I know what they said and I still don't believe it.

Pokemon Go alone has to be playable on the conference floor. Kirby would be a prime candidate to be playable.

If that truly comes to pass, I'll eat my words. I simply believe its their only playable game to be *announced* thus far.

BG Level

I would hope to see MH generations playable too

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

It does seem extraordinarily dumb to focus your entire, 3-day E3 showing on a game that won't see the light of day until almost the next E3.

Then again, Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about conventional, uh, conventions. I'm holding out that it's a literal statement, and that there's a Direct or something with a lot more immediately before E3.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Nintendo knows they holds Ace Cards on success simply due to the handheld market and potential release of Mother 3 (don't kid yourself, they will add it to the Wii U VC first or simultaneously with the New 3DS)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Nintendo knows they holds Ace Cards on success simply due to the handheld market and potential release of Mother 3 (don't kid yourself, they will add it to the Wii U VC first or simultaneously with the New 3DS)

Yeah Mother 3 is still coming. Even @nron10 recently told me he heard it was still coming. Probably E3.

From Emily Rodgers

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Well they announced (and released) Mother 1 and 2 on the VC during E3.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

People talking like mother 3, a snes game, is the savior the Wii U needs. Jfc lmao. It's not even a blip on the radar, ain't no one buying or holding onto their Wii U so they can play the decades old game once again. This is strictly nostalgia points, something an intern gets to put together for release.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    People talking like mother 3, a snes game, is the savior the Wii U needs. Jfc lmao. It's not even a blip on the radar, ain't no one buying or holding onto their Wii U so they can play the decades old game once again. This is strictly nostalgia points, something an intern gets to put together for release.
    Mother 3 is a gba game no?

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast