Closed Thread
Page 134 of 151 FirstFirst ... 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 ... LastLast

Hyrule Warriors is truly an underrated game. Especially if you have a friend to play it with. Probably one of the few games that made a Wii U feel decent since coop is comfortable for both players.

But it's still a case of Nintendo selling you old ass games lol

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Problem with Hyrule warrios is that it gets repetitive really fast

Like any Dynasty game, but at least Hyrule has a wide variety of characters (and some of them with different weapons) and some tight ass controls.

Also I rarely found the game boring in coop. I must have put in maybe 200 hours into this game with a friend over the course of a year or so. Good times.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Just post the youtube lol

Anyway not impressed at all
    Nintendo debuted a new Nintendo Direct Mini video presentation today spotlighting a selection of first- and third-party titles coming in early 2018. Following a strong holiday season, Nintendo Switch owners will see a variety of new games and content arriving in the next few months, including Dark Souls Remastered, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Tennis Aces and Kirby Star Allies games, and a certain green-clad brother bringing a new mode to the Super Mario Odyssey game.

“Nintendo Switch is the fastest-selling home console in history, and Nintendo is not taking our foot off the gas in 2018,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “For the millions of people who just received Nintendo systems as gifts, or consumers getting ready to join the growing community of Nintendo Switch owners, Nintendo and our third-party partners have fun new games and content in store at retail or for digital purchase.”

A sampling of some of the announcements includes:

• Dark Souls Remastered: The first title in the genre-defining action role-playing franchise is coming to Nintendo Switch. Dark Souls Remastered includes the Artorias of the Abyss DLC, as well as improved framerate and resolution from the original Dark SoulsS game for an exhilarating return to Lordran. This marks the franchise’s debut on a Nintendo platform, and now for the first time ever, this revered (and challenging) game can be played on the go. Dark Souls Remastered launches on May 25.

• Mario Tennis Aces: A new Mario Tennis game is bringing a new level of skill and competition to Nintendo Switch. Mario steps onto the court in classy tennis garb for intense rallies against a variety of characters in full-blown tennis battles. New wrinkles in tennis gameplay will challenge your ability to read an opponent’s position and stroke to determine which shot will give you the advantage. And this time the game adds the first story mode since the Mario Tennis game on Game Boy Advance, offering a new flavor of tennis gameplay, with a variety of missions and boss battles. The game launches for Nintendo Switch this spring.

• Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong return for the franchise’s debut on Nintendo Switch. This title includes all the fun and challenge of the original game, plus a new beginner-friendly mode that lets players enjoy this critically acclaimed adventure as groovy surfing simian Funky Kong. Funky Kong can double jump, hover, perform infinite rolls and even perform infinite underwater corkscrews. Thanks to his sturdy surfboard, even spikes can’t slow him down. The game launches for Nintendo Switch on May 4.

• Kirby Star Allies: Kirby’s debut on Nintendo Switch is a grand new adventure packed with content. The new Artist ability lets Kirby unleash his creativity, while the new Spider ability lets him ensnare enemies in webs. Kirby also can hurl new friend hearts at enemies to win them over with love and add them to his party. Plus, up to four friends can team up and combine Kirby’s unique abilities with ally abilities for powerful new Friend Abilities. The game launches for Nintendo Switch on March 16.

• The World Ends with You: Final Remix: This 2008 Nintendo DS game has been updated for Nintendo Switch with HD visuals and a new epilogue that sheds new light on the game’s story. Players can join rhythmic battles using either Joy-Con controllers or the Nintendo Switch touch screen. The game is scheduled to launch this year.

• Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition: A new, ultimate version of the exhilarating action game set in the Zelda universe will include every map and mission, plus all 29 playable characters from both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the game, along with all of the previous paid downloadable content. Play as Link, Zelda, Midna, Skull Kid and dozens more in action-packed battles at home or on the go. Additionally, the game includes new outfits for Link and Zelda based on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game. This new version launches for Nintendo Switch in spring.

• SNK Heroines ~Tag Team Frenzy~: Play as iconic heroines from SNK’s history in a new, two-on-two tag-team fighting game. Players can activate a variety of Special Moves with the press of a button, and make use of special items to turn the tide of battle. One of the competitors will be Yuri Sakazaki from ACA NeoGeo Art of Fighting 2, which launches today in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch. SNK Heroines ~Tag Team Frenzy~ launches on Nintendo Switch this summer.

• Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana: When the passenger liner he was aboard sank, the adventurer Adol drifted to a deserted island inhabited by vicious creatures that have evolved in many different ways. To survive, Adol must gather fellow shipwreck survivors and build a base. High-speed battles require players to change between three types of characters at a moment’s notice. The epic RPG launches for Nintendo Switch this summer.

• PayDay 2: As players join with friends locally or online to execute elaborate heists, full touch-screen support makes menu navigation easier than ever, while the HD Rumble feature lets them feel everything from explosions to weapon recoil right in their hands. Debuting in the Nintendo Switch version of the game, a new playable character named Joy will be introduced. Joy is a Japanese computer whiz who wears a custom LED light mask that changes her appearance as she sees fit. PayDay 2 launches for Nintendo Switch on Feb. 27.

• Fe: In this new type of platforming adventure, players run, climb and glide their way through a dark Nordic forest to explore its living, breathing world. Use the motion controls of the Joy-Con controllers to sing in tune with creatures and plants to unlock new abilities. Each song has a distinct sound and feel thanks to HD Rumble. The game launches digitally for Nintendo Switch on Feb. 16.

• Celeste: This modern take on the pure action platformer lets Madeline climb any surface on Celeste Mountain if she has the stamina. Playing in Assist Mode lets players tweak the difficulty, from a slower pace to full-on invincibility. Unlockable B-side chapters offer even more challenging adventures. The game launches digitally for Nintendo Switch on Jan. 25.

Game Updates & DLC

• Super Mario Odyssey: A new mini-game called Balloon World is coming to one of the highest-rated games of all time. Once players download the free update and complete the main story, Balloon World will become available. In “Hide It” mode, players have a certain amount of time to hide a balloon. In “Find It” mode, players have the same amount of time to locate balloons hidden by other players from around the world. Players can move up the rankings by finding hidden balloons and becoming expert hiders. The free update will be released in February with new Snapshot Mode filters and new outfits.

• Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: A new hero swings into action! Donkey Kong is headed to the game as a playable character, complete with an exclusive new storyline and world to explore. The DLC pack will release in spring and will be available for purchase individually, or as part of the Season Pass or Gold Edition of the game.

• Pokkén Tournament DX Battle Pack: The Battle Pack is now available for purchase in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch and includes two Waves of Battle Pokémon and Avatar items. Wave 1 of the Battle Pack contains Battle Pokémon Aegislash and a new Support Pokémon Set featuring Mega Rayquaza and Mimikyu. Aegislash can change between two formes, and players can wield them both. Wave 2 includes the new Battle Pokémon Blastoise and a new Support Pokémon Set featuring Mew and Celebi. Wave 1 will be available Jan. 31, and Wave 2 is scheduled for Mar. 23.

Demos

• Kirby: Battle Royale: The free demo is available in Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

• Dragon Quest Builders: The free demo is available today in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

How, in this age of repeated re-releases of games, is it still not possible to somehow prove that you bought the older version of the game to get some kind of discount. I would ship them my fucking Hyrule Warriors Wii U disc to get $20 off of the switch version, but there's no way I'm paying full price for it all over again.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Hyrule Warriors is honestly one of my favorite Zelda games. I never ended up buying all the DLC since I got busy with other stuff, so I'm definitely getting this again. The World Ends With You I'll most likely end up getting again too just to see how they change it since it no longer has two screens. The music in that game was just the best, probably up there in my favorite soundtracks ever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I love the internets ability to find facts out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...cv&sh=e8da0e9f

Basically, no Mini Direct has had longer than 20 days without a normal large direct after it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Hyrule Warriors (+all DLC) and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze coming to NSW yasssss
    Booo!!!! New Dk please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Not sure if legit

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Happy to see Hyrule Warriors having missed it before.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

DQB was great on PS4!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by darkepyon View Post
    DQB was great on PS4!
    It really was, the combat reminded me a lot of old Zelda which was nice too

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wife and child ate up DQB. I couldn't be assed because the controls are fuck all backwards and meh.

Waiting for DQB2 tbh

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Wont be too surprised if we see a lot of wii u titles ported to switch given the utter flop of that console and the mass success of this one. The large audience unexposed to the older titles would probably be trilled about that. I know I would at least.

I finally joined the family and got my switch last night. Odyssey is everything I had hoped for. My roommate kept going "wtf?" "WTF?" "ARE YOU A DINOSAUR?!" "DOES IT HAVE A MUSTACHE?!"

Can someone shill me on any accessories that are must have? Like screen covers and the like.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I would be okay with a Tokyo Mirage Sessions port because more people need to play it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I finally joined the family and got my switch last night. Odyssey is everything I had hoped for. My roommate kept going "wtf?" "WTF?" "ARE YOU A DINOSAUR?!" "DOES IT HAVE A MUSTACHE?!"

Can someone shill me on any accessories that are must have? Like screen covers and the like.
    the charge grip for the joycons is the by far the most useful thing i've bought, without that you're stuck docking them on the console to recharge. it is complete bullshit that the system doesn't come with one though

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

There's a glass screen protector on Amazon you should get. Pretty much everything switch related on Amazon has that in the "customers also bought" so you can't miss it.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Also, I might start taking switch to work.

For Odyssey what's the best controller setup to use? I might go hand held a lot, but if I don't, I have a pro controller and all the other options. Idk what Odyssey plays best with. I had some trouble with doing some hat moves when I tried it in the first 10 minutes using the one pad in each hand.