Closed Thread
Page 14 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The NX was at the top of my list for E3 and now this E3 is going to be meh. If it wasn't for the rehashed consoles this E3 was going to be bland... but who knows maybe they can surprise us like last years fan fic E3.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What if the Nintendo NX is the NeXt evolution in Nintendo and they are combining the handheld with the console into an all in one?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    What if the Nintendo NX is the NeXt evolution in Nintendo and they are combining the handheld with the console into an all in one?

Thats honestly how I've always envisioned the console. The "Wii U" tablet portion is redesigned as something much more similar to the 3DS and is the handheld component sold separately while the console is standard fare but can communicate with the 3DS addition like a cross between the Wii U tablet and a PS Vita TV.

I would not be surprised in the least to have it revealed the NX has support for "cartridges" like the SD cards, but I do have a hard time dismissing the removal of an optical drive entirely because the NX will almost necessitate backwards compatibility with Wii U games to help soften the pain for those of us who did adopt.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Thats honestly how I've always envisioned the console. The "Wii U" tablet portion is redesigned as something much more similar to the 3DS and is the handheld component sold separately while the console is standard fare but can communicate with the 3DS addition like a cross between the Wii U tablet and a PS Vita TV.

I would not be surprised in the least to have it revealed the NX has support for "cartridges" like the SD cards, but I do have a hard time dismissing the removal of an optical drive entirely because the NX will almost necessitate backwards compatibility with Wii U games to help soften the pain for those of us who did adopt.
    Watch it have a $40.00 optical drive you can plug in by USB

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Those are called cell phones, and if it isn't a cell phone I don't need a second one in my pocket?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It'd be amazing if they could push something like that, but the cynic in me wonders how a cartridge like system would function if you had to put it in the controller and plug it into the console. Would we be looking at the SNES-level shit down the line where the bulk of the power comes from the game (Or in this case the controller) rather than the console?

My biggest hopes for this is:

-A not retarded controller.
    -Decent AA in a 1080p resolution
    -A final solution wherein all Virtual Console purchases are CROSS PLATFORM AND CARRY OVER ACROSS ALL COMPATIBLES CONSOLES AND HAND HELDS.
    -Wii and Wii U Backwards compatibility would also be super sweet. Bonus points if Smash 4 and Splatoon can play w/ Wii U online.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    They could've done fine just using the 3DS as a controller right from the onset. It's not like we've never had multiple-SKU console launches before.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    final solution
    :snerk:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    It'd be amazing if they could push something like that, but the cynic in me wonders how a cartridge like system would function if you had to put it in the controller and plug it into the console. Would we be looking at the SNES-level shit down the line where the bulk of the power comes from the game (Or in this case the controller) rather than the console?
    I think games that would be more your usual 3DS games would probably run off the portable unit only, but have the option to broadcast to your TV if youre withing X distance of the console itself, while games suited more for the console would run off that hardware but have the option to display on the portable if needed. Something like this would also alleviate the problems with titles like Star Fox Zero where you can control the game without relying on the portable unit, but can switch to using the portable unit as a controller (like SF0 or Sm4sh) for additional gameplay displays.

Nintendo does have more than a few "cluster gaming" patent filings in regards to NX development that there are a few ways I can see them going about this "dual console" approach without mucking things up.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Nintendo just showing off Zelda at E3 seems really disappointing. Do they seriously have nothing for this holiday season besides Pokemon?

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Nintendo just showing off Zelda at E3 seems really disappointing. Do they seriously have nothing for this holiday season besides Pokemon?
    Paper Mario Color Splash

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm sure they have plenty of capital and the 3DS is certainly carrying them along, but it's hard not to think that the NX isn't going to make it to market.

Guess we have to wait for TGS now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

In b4 NX games are all digital in order to be next generation and it has a HD storage space of 5gb

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    In b4 NX games are all digital in order to be next generation and it has a HD storage space of 5gb and everything is streamed over the Internet for IP protection and because Internet is great in Japan and you filthy heathens just need to fix your dumb shit in order to play our sugoi games

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    JP ONRY

they have a new kirby 3ds coming out, looks alot more awesome then fucking rainbow curse could have ever been.

Edit: Also the kirby amiibo they are relaunching for this game break my heart, its so adorable.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

If that means bigger and "longer" pokemon games, I'm all for it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    If that means bigger and "longer" pokemon games, I'm all for it.
    How cool would it be if they made a pokemon game with the visual style of the anime? Even add VO as a bonus!... in my dreams ._.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Or a shared world pokemon game.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast