We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

When did this thread get a date in the title?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post
    When did this thread get a date in the title?
    Around the time it was announced - https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12...=1#post6687825

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

NX is not About the Specs, It's About the Games
    For us, it’s not about specs, it’s not about teraflops, it’s not about the horsepower of a particular system. For us, it’s about the content. We’re focused on bringing our best entertainment to both the Wii U as well as the NX in the future. So for us, whatever Microsoft and Sony are doing in terms of talking about new systems, that’s for them to fight out in that red ocean.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos...erg-west-06-15

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    You heard it here first.

Mario is Missing 2: Koopa Kaper
    I hate you for saying Mario is missing

Mario is missing and Mario time machine are the 2 worse games in history of Mario

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Damn i camp this thread too. Totally missed that.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

We don't use our wii u at all, although we did for a while she we got it. I'm definitely playing zelda when it hits, I'm sure both me and fiancee will want to play Mario. Might sell my wii u in the next month or two and bundle a couple games and get an NX.

BG Level

I'll wait to see if NX is BC, that way i might keep my WIIU for WII + WIIU CFW

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Mario Teaches Typing 2

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Hotel Mario 2

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So I suppose it's a good thing MS and Sony force thrid parties to make games compatible with the old PS4 and One? Or else this was another "Nintendo says bye bye to third parties for yet another generation" (assuming the rumour of NX being equal in power to current consoles becomes reality so ports might actually have a chance). They seriously need to get their heads out of their asses on this issue though: "let Sony and MS fight it out in that red ocean". No Nintendo, start to fuckin care, not for Sony or MS, but for the third parties. If it's only about the content, stop making shit consoles and just become a developer.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

^ sums it up. i wish they would stop fucking around with consoles and become a software developer.
    sony or MS would pay billions to get nintendo exclusiv titles

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    So I suppose it's a good thing MS and Sony force thrid parties to make games compatible with the old PS4 and One? Or else this was another "Nintendo says bye bye to third parties for yet another generation" (assuming the rumour of NX being equal in power to current consoles becomes reality so ports might actually have a chance). They seriously need to get their heads out of their asses on this issue though: "let Sony and MS fight it out in that red ocean". No Nintendo, start to fuckin care, not for Sony or MS, but for the third parties. If it's only about the content, stop making shit consoles and just become a developer.
    I agree. That statement is not the quote they want to be putting out before a new console launch. Other than terrible marketing and a requirement for devs to utilize the gamepad, a big issue for the Wiiu is horsepower and storage space. Yes the first party titles are typically fantastic, but without at least comparable specs to the competitors, third party devs are going to ignore the NX just like the WiiU. That will domino effect into lower install base and less games just like before. This is not rocket science.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    ^ sums it up. i wish they would stop fucking around with consoles and become a software developer.
    sony or MS would pay billions to get nintendo exclusiv titles
    I can understand how people feel but if Nintendo stays like that, it's mostly they wanna keep their independence or don't like how the other do their business

What they said doesn't make much sense. The wiiu failed because of lack of power even though nintendo put an ok amount of games. Theres alot of titles the 3DS got that honestly looked like they could have been amazing for the Wiiu Kirby robobot, that new metroid game, even the new monster hunter. Nintendo themselves have abandoned the Wiiu. It doesn't even seem like they integrated the gamepad for map/inventory for breath of the wild. I really wish 3ds games worked on the Wiiu they could have made so much more money if it did. I am disapointed we got nothing about the NX not even a date they would talk about it in the future, how many titles will be ready at launch and didnt even bother to show Breath of the wild on it. I'm going to get an NX it might be a year or 2 after release idk depends if they got 4~6 games worth getting in that time.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by arioch View Post
    What they said doesn't make much sense. The wiiu failed because of lack of power even though nintendo put an ok amount of games. Theres alot of titles the 3DS got that honestly looked like they could have been amazing for the Wiiu Kirby robobot, that new metroid game, even the new monster hunter. Nintendo themselves have abandoned the Wiiu. It doesn't even seem like they integrated the gamepad for map/inventory for breath of the wild. I really wish 3ds games worked on the Wiiu they could have made so much more money if it did. I am disapointed we got nothing about the NX not even a date they would talk about it in the future, how many titles will be ready at launch and didnt even bother to show Breath of the wild on it. I'm going to get an NX it might be a year or 2 after release idk depends if they got 4~6 games worth getting in that time.
    Technically Wii U failed for a variety of reasons, including the name. And lack of launch titles.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The Wii U didn't fail for lack of power. It failed because of poor marketing (mainly marketing the handheld), awful storage space, and no games. Honestly graphics only go so far and eye candy is eye candy but all consoles have reached the point where they can pretty much do anything they want with current specs aside 60fps and not as much particular effects on screen at once as a PC.

We will never see the jump between PS1 and PS2 again.

I can 100% see why they want Zelda to launch at the same time as the NX, because without 3rd party support and the longer and longer development cycles needed for games now, Nintendo just can't keep pushing out first party titles fast enough each year to make a console really worthwhile early in its cycle. That is the problem with the WiiU and unless they have been secretly working on games in a lab for the past 5 years for the NX, with how slow NIntendo First party games are I just don't see it being much different.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Glad to see they've learned absolutely nothing over the last few console generations.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Glad to see they've learned absolutely nothing over the last few console generations.
    I know you're usually pessimistic in here but unfortunately it is typically correct. Their logic of All about the games is only half true. No shit its about the games how about having the hardware to run some of them?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I think it's more about trying to convince people who aren't die-hard Nintendo fans to drop a couple hundred dollars on a machine that they can only play Nintendo games on. Sony and MS share enough multi-platform titles that you're not missing out on a whole lot if you settle down with one or the other. With the Wii U, you miss out on EVERYTHING except the exclusive titles.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I feel like some people are looking at Reggie's comments the wrong way.

Yeah, it's sad that this is the optic that they're starting to frame inevitable NX specs when they begin leaking out. However, the environment now for a "not about whats under the hood" line of thinking is pretty potent compared to even a few years ago for the WiiU. They can probably get something out the door equal to PS4 specs for what a Wii U cost at launch. If that's what their benchmark is internally, then I'm okay with the machine not being cutting edge ultra HD 4k everything.

Lets see what specs are going to be before devolving into "same old Nintendo". The leadership already has shown to be a bit more straight business saavy than Iwata was, so lets see where it goes before getting our panties twisted.

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast