BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by finitek View Post
    Nintendo will always be VERY careful with the online portion of their consoles because of their target demographic. While "older" users see it as abysmal, it protects "younger" users from the the absolute gibbering cesspool of nonsense that is online. Compared to the likes of xboxlive or even PSN yes its not nearly as functional, however I have never had any issues with the WiiU online gameplay.
    Honestly the only issue I've really encountered is the ways the games integrate online play. For instance, teaming up in Splatoon is the worst. I should be able to play with friends in Splatfest if we are on the same side...

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Ninty is for children, why the fuck beat around the bushes? Also, they'll never get back the third party support they rightly lost back in the 64 era. They made their bed when they fucked over 3rd party developers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Everyone claims Nintendo is for children, but would still fork over $60/game for their IP's on PS or XB.

If you don't like Mario, thats fine. But then don't bust a nut when Crash Bandicoot was shown on screen this past E3.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sony killed the Crash hype with the official Skylanders reveal (it was leaked weeks earlier).

I don't remember seeing any leaks of the original trilogy complete remaster?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

There wasn't, but there was for Skylanders. Two separate projects.

Got it, it sounded like you were saying there whole presentation about crash was leaked though. I don't think anyone would have cared about skylanders even if it wasn't leaked lol

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Everyone claims Nintendo is for children, but would still fork over $60/game for their IP's on PS or XB.
    Apples to Oranges. The better argument would be if those who grew up with Nintendo, and realized their idiotic business practices, are willing to spend $360 for their IP/game because you're obviously only paying for scarce first party games at that point. The general answer is hell no! Why? Because we've seen this same exact bullshit situation for 10-15+ years. Fuck look at the pokemon franchise, it plays damn near the same exact way when I was 12 in 1998.

Nintendo is a children/family company by their own admission on several occasions, they were once a general company for gamers during the glorious SNES era. Now they'll gladly coast on the accolades of their past.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pokémon isn't a great example, cause that shit still sells like crazy every single time.

Pokemon is the reason nintendo will never go bankrupt

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Celebrating 20 yrs of the same shit

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arioch View Post
    Pokemon is the reason nintendo will never go bankrupt
    Random bar trivia with a friend tonight.

Buried in reams of financial data is the revelation that Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (£6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank – enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (£163/$257 million) every year until 2052. Then there’s almost 469 billion Yen (£3.8/$6.0 billion) held in premises, equipment and investments. When that runs out – we’re in the year 2075 by this point – they’ve got some of the most valuable intellectual property in gaming to sell off before the company goes out of business.
    Seems relevant, even though it was posted in 2014.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Nintendo urks me.
    Fans tell them what they want and that they will throw money if they do it. Nintendo does the nothing or does it their way.
    MMO Pokemon game where you can pretty much play the single player mode with a living online community in each region is what everyone has wanted forever. Nintendo doesnt give it, and when they do give something similar, its fucking Pokemon Go.
    Fans want a console that can deliver same visuals as sony and MS. Nintendo gives Wii U that is a generation late and has no fucking hard drive and a stupid remote.

Nintendo has to innovate fucking gimmicks and hasnt noticed the sales have plummeted, Wii was a niche cheap console at the time.
    Isolating yoiurself to a single demographic that cant even buy your products is genius.

Fans cried for ff7 remake long enough and it is finally happening.

/rant off
    If NX is a pos(probably will be knowing nintendo, will that finally be enough for them to go the fuck away?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    Celebrating 20 yrs of the same shit

Every Dark/demon souls/bloodborne is the exact same game, same with CoD, Halo, Assassin's creed, etc, etc, etc. People don't like change. Don't fix what isn't broken. Blah blah blah.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Nintendo urks me.
    Fans tell them what they want and that they will throw money if they do it. Nintendo does the nothing or does it their way.
    MMO Pokemon game where you can pretty much play the single player mode with a living online community in each region is what everyone has wanted forever. Nintendo doesnt give it, and when they do give something similar, its fucking Pokemon Go.
    Fans want a console that can deliver same visuals as sony and MS. Nintendo gives Wii U that is a generation late and has no fucking hard drive and a stupid remote.

Nintendo has to innovate fucking gimmicks and hasnt noticed the sales have plummeted, Wii was a niche cheap console at the time.
    Isolating yoiurself to a single demographic that cant even buy your products is genius.

Fans cried for ff7 remake long enough and it is finally happening.

/rant off
    If NX is a pos(probably will be knowing nintendo, will that finally be enough for them to go the fuck away?
    I like the Wii U controller being able to play off-TV was a big sell for me.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I like the Wii U controller being able to play off-TV was a big sell for me.
    Yet it works IR wise, so if you just go downstairs you lose connection

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Can you set a Wii U up to work without even being plugged into a TV? I know some games would be unplayable that way, but I've been itching to play Twilight Princess and can't really take over the living room to do it. If I could just plug the base into an outlet and run from there, that'd be awesome.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Can you set a Wii U up to work without even being plugged into a TV? I know some games would be unplayable that way, but I've been itching to play Twilight Princess and can't really take over the living room to do it. If I could just plug the base into an outlet and run from there, that'd be awesome.
    Yes.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Hnngh, I love my Nintendo Wii Boy.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol Wii Boy. Can't believe that's the first time I've heard it called that...

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast