Closed Thread
Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Not impossible, but I'm hoping not probable.

They've delayed or haven't even announced many first party titles on their current hardware; if they're going to release their new one so soon when they can't even provide software for their current hardware, then why would I buy the new one where evidence has shown that I'll just be waiting years for games to actually play on them. And if they have working titles with projected launch release dates for games that should be released/developed for the Wii U after all these years I'll flip a table and quit Nintendo for life. I am not dealing with this shit again...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm fully expecting the next Zelda to be like Twilight Princess and release on the Wii U and NX at this point.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

If it's actually a solid current-gen HD gaming experience without some weird, forced gimmick, I'd be all in. My gut, and the various copyright designs, tells me otherwise, though.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Kinda hope it won't release this year, I'd like to get more out of my Wii U. I actually really like the Wii U because of the gamepad screen. It allows me to play games still while someone else is using the TV.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Having a map always available is awesome too. I really hope the NX releases after the new Zelda because I want one HD Zelda with a map like PH and ST.

"We had previously thought that the NX launch would have only a limited impact on 3DS and Wii U sales as it is not being positioned as a successor to either console"

This kind of alarms me. Is this going to be a side grade then? If it's not going to succeed the Wii U theres no point from a consumers perspective to purchase it nor was it worth anyone's time to even conceptualize and produce this product outside of just a QoL upgrade. I really hope this is something that just didn't translate well.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's probably just talk to keep people from being discouraged from buying the current consoles in favor of waiting for NX. Every company always promises the old hardware being relevant for years after the successor, even though they stop making any meaningful updates right after the new console is released.

Banned.

BG Level

There is no way the NX will come out in 2016. Dumb unfounded rumor is dumb

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Wouldn't we be seeing or hearing about games if it was launching this year?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

PS4 was announced Febuary, launched November. A March announcement for a November release is entirely plausible, given how long it's been known this thing is in development for.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Didn't they start production of retail models this past November?

I know developers have had kits for like 6 months.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...dos-nx-console

Few rumors floating around about a market research company distributing a survey about possible NX specs; Including the oddity of running at 900p/60fps, PC and PS4 cross-compatability, 4k video streaming capability and functionality with online and mobile applications. The company if GFK, who also does sales figures for the game industry across the pond.

IGN does have their story with additional pictures of the survey, if one would be so inclined to see them.

For what it's worth in terms of the strange options presented (i.e. 900p), the survey basically asks what console you would purchase between a hypothetical NX setup and WiiU, PS4, and XBone models when comparing them side by side.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Isn't 900p dated by today's standards or am I thinking of something else?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I have a feeling 900p would be to have consistent resolution between handheld and console... which is still dumbdumb

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Isn't 900p dated by today's standards or am I thinking of something else?
    Yes and no. I think it's generally fair to say that 1080p is what both consoles and mainstream PC gaming center around these days. However, with regard to consoles, it's not uncommon for the final output to be upscaled from a lower native resolution. A fair number of PS4 games are 900p native, as are a relatively larger slice of XBox One games. Plenty are 1080p native as well, but it just usually depends on how demanding the game is otherwise.

It's largely meaningless without additional information or demos though, I'd say.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Not meaningless when 4k is picking up steam and affordability, and surveys are being passed around basically saying "so, are you still willing to pay for a console that's limited to 900p?"

If this is supposed to be a new console that has to compete in today's market, being hampered by that resolution at launch is unforgivable. Rumors be rumors and all, but I hope people answering that survey let them know what was up.

Banned.

BG Level

I could not care less what the resolution of the NX is, as I personally can't even tell the difference between 720p and 4k

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Nintendo, bringing you yesterday's technology....tomorrow.

Nintendo just cant get right(If this is true) 3ds resolution is crap. wii couldnt do HD. Wii U is 1080p(i havent put any research or played mine enough to know if it is native or upscaled and how much of their library is which) and now you want to downgrade to 900p?

Sure 900p doesnt sound far from 1080p. but there is a bigger gap between 900p and 1080p than 720p to 900p. There is no excuse for being sub 1080p standard and they should feel bad for not making it.

I wouldnt mind paying an extra $75 for your console to have 1080p/60fps over 900p/30fps. Especially if you have games I want.

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    I could not care less what the resolution of the NX is, as I personally can't even tell the difference between 720p and 4k
    Get glasses.

Joking but not really. Without my glasses, I can't see difference in most screens unless im super close.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Not meaningless when 4k is picking up steam and affordability, and surveys are being passed around basically saying "so, are you still willing to pay for a console that's limited to 900p?"
    4k is completely unrealistic for console gaming at this point. Few PC setups can push it at consistently good framerates, with far more expensive hardware.

What I mean though, is that there's no context to their 900p/60 statement. My assumption would be that their handheld part has a 900p screen in it, so they'd target native res on that, and upscale if piped to a TV. In turn though, it matters what content the machine can push at that. Is it running Mario Kart 8 at 900p instead of 720p? Or is it taking something that an Xbox One or PS4 would run at 900p (like AC Syndicate, which is 900p/30 on both) and doing as well or better? Maybe it's just a general gameplay target, which would simply put it in the same ballpark as the competition, and we'd see a range of native resolutions.

I don't disagree that 1080p would be a better, more logical target - especially if the off-TV screen can be used for streaming 1080p content.

This is bad optics, the average gamer is going to turned off by the lower number. Feels bad, if true.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast