Page 4 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Sure 900p doesnt sound far from 1080p. but there is a bigger gap between 900p and 1080p than 720p to 900p.
    Hardly. All 3 are 180 horizontal lines apart, you're just gaining a little more because of the increased vertical resolution. It's like saying 1080p is closer to 720p than 1440p; sure, it's true, but it's not a noticeable or worthwhile distinction to make.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Shit can be 480p for all Nintendo cares.

NX is just a final cash grab for the few suckers still remaining after 3-4 console generations of buying outdated hardware to play the latest Mario/Zelda/whatever other Nintendo rehash.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Shit can be 480p for all Nintendo cares.

NX is just a final cash grab for the few suckers still remaining after 3-4 console generations of buying outdated hardware to play the latest Mario/Zelda/whatever other Nintendo rehash.
    Except everything word of mouth wise (and the devs who have kits) so far has it on par with the PS4 in terms of power. Which is partially why the 900p is so strangely odd.

My initial reaction was also for uniformity in mobile displays, but it could be possible whatever portable functions the NX has is 900p on the tiny screen while regular game displays are either upgraded to 1080p or true 1080p.

The thing to keep in mind is this is a company allegedly doing market research. When surveys, focus groups, or demos like this are done on any product they ask or offer a lot of different information around the bits of truth about the product to truly gauge why customers are interested. For all we know the display is a red herring to see how people value the different online modes mentioned for any theoretical Nintendo Online service.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Except everything word of mouth wise (and the devs who have kits) so far has it on par with the PS4 in terms of power. Which is partially why the 900p is so strangely odd.

My initial reaction was also for uniformity in mobile displays, but it could be possible whatever portable functions the NX has is 900p on the tiny screen while regular game displays are either upgraded to 1080p or true 1080p.

The thing to keep in mind is this is a company allegedly doing market research. When surveys, focus groups, or demos like this are done on any product they ask or offer a lot of different information around the bits of truth about the product to truly gauge why customers are interested. For all we know the display is a red herring to see how people value the different online modes mentioned for any theoretical Nintendo Online service.
    seriously the resolution is the least of my concerns. Nintendo should finally push out a good online gameing servic. This friendcode bullshit can DIAF honestly...

I really don't think people are grabbing the 60 fps part didn't the xbox one have to scale back the resolution of its games that achieve 60 fps? And I don't think all PS4 games run in 60fps as well?

imo you'll notice more significant gains from 900p 60 fps than 1080p 30 fps

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Very few games on PS4/XBone run at 60 fps. Shit most AAA games these days can't even maintain 30 fps on either console, and Ubisoft spread the cancer of "lower fps is more cinematic" that for some stupid fucking reason people have been buying to.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Very few games on PS4/XBone run at 60 fps. Shit most AAA games these days can't even maintain 30 fps on either console, and Ubisoft spread the cancer of "lower fps is more cinematic" that for some stupid fucking reason people have been buying to.
    Okay to be fair it is more cinematic though. I hate watching my shows past 30 it makes everything look like a spanish soap opera that's poorly shot. Games though completely different story (anything past 60 tends to give me a headache though I dont know how people go like 120)

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not even gonna try, you're already too far gone.

So bit of "exclusive" news. "Someone"... has gotten to use the new SDKs that were released abit back, and one major change is the compiler profiles for the first time have an x86 target.

Assumptions arising from that:

- It's reasonable to assume rumors of them using an AMD SoC similar to the Xbone/PS4 is more or less confirmed.
    - Based on rumors from awhile back they'd be using an AMD SoC that's 2~ generations newer than the one currently in the Xbone and PS4 and will be rejoining the high-end.

That doesn't necessarily 100% mean those things, but based on that tidbit alone it's a very good guess. Previously it only contained profiles for targeting PPC(GC/Wii/WiiU) and ARM(GBA/DS/3DS) platforms.

It seems likely that, presuming they don't gimp the console in some other way, we might see the first generation in a long time where Nintendo has the most powerful console. Though in reality not that it matters that much, all 3 are basically going to fall into the same category of "can barely do 1080p gaming", with one console or another being able to do 1080p vs 900p or 60fps over 30 on particular titles.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

And only 3 years late. Although, I can't imagine them not riding this generation out like they did last gen. at least until 2020.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah 2 generations newer still means outdated hardware, especially considering AMD APUs has been stuck on 28 nm for years now.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't see what's odd about 900p/60fps. It's basically what the PS4 is already doing on games that target 60fps, or doing other visual trickery which involves using an even lower resolution to achieve that number. (sup Killzone & R6: Siege)

That's what the optimist in me wants to say anyhow. Ideally the system would be on par or close to a PS4 for the sake of multi-platform releases, which I don't think Nintendo wants to fuck up a third generation in a row. Wouldn't help the NX's case if it's stuck running Frostbite games (Battlefield, Battlefront) at 720/60fps like the Xbox One as well due to weaker hardware.

Just really isn't much information to work off of, and we still know squat about the handheld portion of this hardware or how that even factors into it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I don't see what's odd about 900p/60fps. It's basically what the PS4 is already doing on games that target 60fps, or doing other visual trickery which involves using an even lower resolution to achieve that number. (sup Killzone & R6: Siege)
    The biggest problem is that's just what they're setting their upper bounds to. Sure, ps4/xbone don't normally hit 1080/60, but they can, and probably would, for the equivalent of most first part Nintendo games. Putting that maximum at 900p is just cutting themselves off at the knees for no good reason.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If the system supports 4k streaming it will obviously have the overall support for outputting in higher resolutions. I'd assume that the 900/60 is a matter of setting a minimum baseline for games to be released on the system.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

4k streaming... you're dreaming really big with that one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    4k streaming... you're dreaming really big with that one.
    Dunno if whooshtimes, but the only reason he mentions that figure is because it was one of the keynotes in the article that prompted this conversation.
    In fact, it's the same sentence that told us we can expect 900p/60hz gameplay:

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer.net
    But the survey goes on to mention "4k/60fps video streaming" and "gameplay graphics at 900p/60fps". Plenty of Wii U games are 1080p, which makes this claim stand out as odd.
    Again, these figures are from a non-Nintendo, unsanctioned NeoGAF survey; while credible, we're all still just speculating.
    Likely not for much longer though. If they want this thing in living rooms this xmas, I'm sure we'll see official specs at E3. TGS in September might be pushing it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Assuming they don't want to shoot themselves in the foot, well see it E3.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Rumor: Smash Bros. NX to be a launch title

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Can't get the link now, but there's also a few reports about companies starring to produce memory type implements for the NX.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Can't get the link now, but there's also a few reports about companies starring to produce memory type implements for the NX.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1176644
    http://www.macronix.com/Lists/Quarte...t%20PPT_en.pdf
    https://tw.stock.yahoo.com/news_cont...075857540.html

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast