Closed Thread
Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

The speculation about going back to oldschool cartridge format for some cross-platform plan is interesting.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I kind of doubt that as a motivating factor. Nintendo likely wants to push consumers in the direction of direct digital sales, just like basically everyone else is trying to do. Doing that likely requires a fair amount of internal storage anyway. There will be the folks that want/need a physical copy though, and building a cart/card slot in is far cheaper and easier compared to an optical drive.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    The speculation about going back to oldschool cartridge format for some cross-platform plan is interesting.
    I like that idea. Using a kind of usb storage concept or external hdd to save and move games between platforms. How would storage compare to blu rays? I don't know anything about it to be honest.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Third Party/Indie Studios aren't being given Dev Kits or even Specs for the NX so they can start development
    Ori and The Blind Forest dev, Moon Studios, provides the news
    This is actually THE singlest most annoying thing for every dev out there. We also talked to Nintendo and got absolutely nothing – I’ll never understand that. And just to be clear, it’s not just Nintendo, every hardware manufacturer is treating their devkits and their unreleased consoles like they’re the second coming and are insanely secretive about it to a stupid degree in todays time. It’s not even that the hardware isn’t finished (duh), but you could at least give me the goddamn specs, so we’d know what to build shit for!

What’s needed to sell hardware is goddamn good software. With Nintendo not having any devkits out there at this point and probably even wanting to sell it in 2016, I can already guarantee that they’ll just not have any software support, since nobody can just jumble games together in less than a year. I mean, you can, but it’ll be garbage.

The same is true for Engine Support – Get Unity and Epic to support these consoles WAAAAY ahead of release. By the time the console launches, it should be EASY for developers to develop games for these systems, things shouldn’t just only start at this point. I want the goddamn devkits or at least proper hardware specs ideally 2 years before release – Keep all the developers updated, start a forum where devs can chat and figure out all the problems everyone’s having, instead of everyone just having to deal with it. None of that’s happening anywhere and it’s just braindamaged.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=142

Nintendo gives Unravel dev, Coldwood Interactive, the same kind of runaround
    No, absolutely not. The more ways we have to reach the audience, the better,” he stated. When asked whether he knew anything about Nintendo’s upcoming console, he stated “I wish I did- but they’re really secretive about it! About the NX, it’s funny, really. I wish I knew more about it, but they’re really secretive about it. I actually had a really fun discussion with a person from Nintendo a while back. It was basically ‘I’ll show you mine, if you show me yours’ (laughs). So he wanted me to pitch something for the NX, and then he could tell me more about what it was. But basically, it’s kind of hard to pitch something when you don’t even know what it is! So if you manage to guess it right, we’ll tell you what it is. So, I don’t know. But I am just as curious as everybody else to see what they’ve been making.
    http://gamingbolt.com/coldwood-ninte...-unravel-on-it

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, looks like after being suckered twice, I'm finally skipping a nintendo generation.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm a little skeptical about that article. Nintendo said earlier dev kits were sent out to developers as early as last summer I recall. Just because these specific devs mentioned didn't get one doesn't mean Nintendo isn't distributing them. Could be something as simple as they didn't have a working relationship with Nintendo previously and just were never offered kits.

It is kind of funny though, how it seemed there was a small consensus of "nah, the Wii U isn't worth releasing on" and now it's "well why didn't we get NX kits?".

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I really hope this shit is bunk or that it's just those handful of devs. If Nintendo really is holding out on dev kits like they've been known to do in previous generations, they are going to completely fuck themselves again.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    It is kind of funny though, how it seemed there was a small consensus of "nah, the Wii U isn't worth releasing on" and now it's "well why didn't we get NX kits?".
    There would likely be a good initial rush in sales for a year or two, until Nintendo forgets about the console entirely and all support stops. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I'm a little skeptical about that article. Nintendo said earlier dev kits were sent out to developers as early as last summer I recall. Just because these specific devs mentioned didn't get one doesn't mean Nintendo isn't distributing them. Could be something as simple as they didn't have a working relationship with Nintendo previously and just were never offered kits.

I know for a fact that some small/medium sized devs have gotten the kits, the ones I know of all had previous Nintendo releases and good relationships. They're not at the stage of handing out the dev kits like candy to anyone who is a licensed nintendo developer(I don't have one for example).

So these devs just seem like they're blowing smoke.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve anything negative or apprehensive posted about Big N at this point. History has confirmed time and again that Big N does what they want, and only what they want, logic, public good-will or sales be damned.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve anything negative or apprehensive posted about Big N at this point. History has confirmed time and again that Big N does what they want, and only what they want, logic, public good-will or sales be damned.
    Related

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I love GH, my goal for when I finally get to making my "Legally Gamer" videos is to collab with him.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...tnership_on_nx

EA partnership is coming back if all goes well next month.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Site-that-shall-not-be-named has an article up about Zelda Wii U also launching with NX, both of which are planned to happen this year. Source seems credible. Don't know how I feel about it...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Site-that-shall-not-be-named has an article up about Zelda Wii U also launching with NX, both of which are planned to happen this year. Source seems credible. Don't know how I feel about it...
    I bought a Wii day 1 because of Twilight Princess.

I *never* buy consoles day one. NX Zelda would cause me to get an NX day 1. It's probably the only game that would cause me to buy a console day 1. Not even FF or Pokemon would cause me to buy a console on launch day, and I'm wagering Nintendo is betting on that draw.

If they *really* want to be nice with the NX launch, they'll have a Metroid and a new Mario ready.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Why can't you mention BG or NeoGaf?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I don't visit NeoGaf, and I'm blind if you already posted this; unless BG means something else.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Oh, I why post it there when its more NX and Zelda info vs Wii U info. My b

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Only NX from the leak is Zelda. Rest of the leak was the Wii U and 3DS release schedule for the year and marketing budget for those two systems.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast