Page 7 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I still thing that gameplay and fun > graphics
    Weaker hardware (on top of the usual gimmick nonsense they keep stuffing into the consoles) means less third party support which means less overall games. It's been a recurring cycle for Nintendo in the last two generations.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

and it comes down to 'people just want graphics'

Nintendo imo is doing fine is not falling into the traps, yes it's selling less. But Nintendo's games imo are still better quality then most other console (by fun, gameplay quality) Third party are just making 'beautiful games" to sell and make a buck on stupid customer that will throw money just because a game looks good.

Small exemple how many of you threw money at SFV just because it looked good? Yeah right, game is shit

I'm not just a nintendo fanboy. But if thye continue making quality game w/e the hardware is up to date or not they'll get my money, since imo their goal is to make fun and enjoyable games and not making $$$$ on us with bugged games (Hi AC unity)

Where I do agree that nintendo needs to fix issue, is the price they sell their hardware. WIIU with a 32GB HDD for 300$ YEAH RIGHT

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You realize graphics has absolutely nothing to do with why people bought SFV? That's a very poor example.

If you want to buy a console that loses all 3rd party support with a year or two more power to you

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In today's era of rushed and unoptimized games, you want that base power in the first place just to bruteforce a level 30fps at the least. It's just how the times are in the third-party world.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Where I do agree that nintendo needs to fix issue, is the price they sell their hardware. WIIU with a 32GB HDD for 300$ YEAH RIGHT
    this is one of their biggest problems. they try to be innovative but they are so blind to the current market that stuff like a 32GB HDD is jack shit. The fact they were selling 8GB systems just blows my mind even. They are completely oblivious to a lot of things that would seem common sense

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Image on the controller is from an Unreal 4 tech demo.

Looks like it's real, but not the final model.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=4605

BG Level

So i was thinking about it, but if the new Zelda does come to Wiiu + NX, the WIIU will be the only console without a "new exclusif zelda" (if we don't count HD remasters)

NES had Zelda 1 and 2
    SNES had A link to the past
    N64 has OOT and MM
    Gameboy had Link's Awakening
    Gameboy Color had Oracles
    Gameboy Advance had Minish Cap
    Gamecube had Wind Waker
    WII had Skyward Sword (won'T count TP since it came out on 2 console)
    DS had Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks
    3ds has A Link Between Worlds

WIIU really got shafted lol

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So i was thinking about it, but if the new Zelda does come to Wiiu + NX, the WIIU will be the only console without a "new exclusif zelda" (if we don't count HD remasters)

NES had Zelda 1 and 2
    SNES had A link to the past
    N64 has OOT and MM
    Gameboy had Link's Awakening
    Gameboy Color had Oracles
    Gameboy Advance had Minish Cap
    Gamecube had Wind Waker
    WII had Skyward Sword (won'T count TP since it came out on 2 console)
    DS had Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks
    3ds has A Link Between Worlds

WIIU really got shafted lol
    Virtual Boy didn't have a Zelda game either! lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

SNESCD & N64DD didn't have a Zelda either.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Virtual Boy didn't have a Zelda game either! lol
    That shit never existed

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Nintendo has always tryed to push new ideas since the very beginning so why is it that people want them to conform now? I picked up a Wii U during black friday ( I haven't owned a console since my PS2 ) and holy shit do I adore the fuck out of that thing.

I dont want the same experiences I can get elsewhere. I also don't wanna hear about how its under powered cuz my PC can shit all over the Wii U xbone and ps4 all together

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

To be fair for the DD Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask were supposed to be 64DD titles, along with Mother 3. Also, I think Ura Zelda (Master Quest) was also originally built for the 64DD.

As for why people knock on Nintendo for trying to be "different" its honestly a mixed bag. I can admit their creativity and "heart" is also at the expense of some raw power. They were also able to (Iwata was chief among them) squeeze a lot more out of a lot less than Sony, MS, or Sega were able to with considerably advanced hardware. It's also a little funny that their generational 'on-par' or cutting edge systems like the Gamecube did worse sales wise than weaker competitors, but then their weaker consoles (DS vs PSP, 3DS vs Vita, Wii vs PS3, etc) kill it in sales.

tl;dr - Nintendo makes some amazing games. It's no skin off my back if people don't want to buy a Nintendo console to experience them, but I can admit there is a point where I just want a Nintendo console to be technologically current so I dont always have to buy a Playstation or secondary console to play some of the prettier games I enjoy (Final Fantasy, Persona, etc).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by falseliberty View Post
    Nintendo has always tryed to push new ideas since the very beginning so why is it that people want them to conform now? I picked up a Wii U during black friday ( I haven't owned a console since my PS2 ) and holy shit do I adore the fuck out of that thing.

I dont want the same experiences I can get elsewhere. I also don't wanna hear about how its under powered cuz my PC can shit all over the Wii U xbone and ps4 all together
    because i am getting tired of fiting in 2-3 consoles into the living room, i gave up on that, hence why i skiped the Wii and xbone now. I have a PS4 and a wii u, but i will skip NX and just stick to PS4. There are just as many if not more excellent 3rd/2nd/1st party titles out there on other consoles if not more then on nintendo consoles.
    I dont mind if the console is behind in power, but nintendo has a blatantly bad reputation when it comes to 3rd party support for their console, which is a major turn off for me.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

2016 and people are still questioning why Nintendo has alienated the majority of gamers who don't need mom or dad to purchase their consoles?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I have to say that I personally love the Wii U for the gamepad alone. It allows me to play games while the rest of the family is watching tv.

That UE4 pic w/overlay looks like a rear-view mirror with nipples on it

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    To be fair for the DD Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask were supposed to be 64DD titles, along with Mother 3. Also, I think Ura Zelda (Master Quest) was also originally built for the 64DD.
    OoT was not supposed to be for the DD. During development of MM, the idea for MQ was floated as a create your own adventure dungeon making Zelda and MM was to be the DD's flagship Zelda game. I'd still LOVE for Nintendo to release the Ura Zelda kit so people could make modded OoT dungeons with "real" tools.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just saw the stills on Kotaku and came straight here. I am getting more and more worried by the day. Nintendo needs to get out ahead of the news and get some Nintendo Directs on what their plans are. Most people are gunna look at this and think Gimmicky Bullshit.

Buttons that show up on a touch screen make me gag. I hate playing anything like that, can't stomach it for anything other than like pokemon emulators on my phone... But an action game with touch buttons? No.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post
    Just saw the stills on Kotaku and came straight here. I am getting more and more worried by the day. Nintendo needs to get out ahead of the news and get some Nintendo Directs on what their plans are. Most people are gunna look at this and think Gimmicky Bullshit.

Buttons that show up on a touch screen make me gag. I hate playing anything like that, can't stomach it for anything other than like pokemon emulators on my phone... But an action game with touch buttons? No.
    Don't expect anything until E3

Wish Nintendo would give up on fucking consoles. Gibt mir das Zelda collection on PC!

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast