Closed Thread
Page 86 of 151 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Sooooooooooooooo this POS's launch was a fucking disaster, huh?

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Well I think my wifi chip died

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    Sooooooooooooooo this POS's launch was a fucking disaster, huh?
    Considering this seems to be Nintendos best console launch ever doesnt seem so.

Can they keep it up? Who knows.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They rode a completely undeserved hype wave to a decent launch, but unless they get shit moving quickly (both in terms of more games and doing something about the bad press concerning quality control) this shit is gonna drop off faster then the Wii U.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Well I think my wifi chip died
    Explain please.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm pretty happy with it, brought it to work the last two nights and played Zelda for several hours each night without plugging in.

Getting way more out of this console than I expected to.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm not sure I get the people who are being negative about the Switch. Like, Wii U negativity out of the gate, I understand. Wii U had nifty stuff but was way under powered and utterly impractical. The Switch is nifty and relatively powerful for a tablet device and incredibly practical.

They do need more games on it, yes. Imagine MOBAs on this, or various SRPGs, the occasional AAA title. The reactions from my friends who've dropped by and screwed around with it had them wanting to go get their own, whereas with the Wii U it was like "Eh, cool."

Like all the companies that have released controller add-ons for phones and tablets, but it never works out because of game support, screen size, controls, etc, Nintendo just did that but made the entire device be dedicated to gaming. I'm honestly really impressed by it, and my only issue seems to be the rush to release it so early. There are some physical/design flaws on the device imo. Make the controllers a bit better (not connectivity), change the positioning of the charging port, include a solid kick stand, and this would've been a stronger release, and it was a strong release as is. Couple that with an improved screen and a little more horsepower/battery in a revision.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Getting way more because you're still playing an open world Zelda. I want to see this thread in a month after the new cart smell of Zelda has worn off.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I mean, the games argument can be said for almost any console. Of course Sony and M$ got a solid ground with third party and no one will argue.

My personal Switch review. I was skeptical at first (i complained alot about it on this forum so). But I am happy and surprised about it. I am not surprised about how cheap the console is (plastic almost everywhere) but at least Nintendo has always been strong about hardware durability (Gamecube etc). There's 3 issues imo atm.

1) The fact that you can scratch your screen easily just by docking it (Screen protector can fix that, but still)
    2) The fact that the Switch has the HDMI port off when not docked (this cause alot of recent TV to automaticly switch input when you dock your console in, and when the console is docked it randomly sends HDMI signal which can almost make your TV auto switch input randomly. (I have a KS8000 and even if i deactivate ANYnet and the TV mode switch thingy in the switch it doesn't work). So my only issue atm is unpluging my HDMI when i don't play and the console is docked, or find a HDMI receiver without auto switch option.
    3) So they want us to play tabletop but put the USB plug under the console (That's stupid and yah ....)

But as far as use of the console this is where It gets me the most. I love console gaming way more then PC, and for most of the console not beeing able to continu my game when i moved sucked. It was their goal with the WIIU and it failed bad, and i think they did a good job with the switch. Of course time will tell. But being able to start Zelda at home and continue at work on the same console (No remote play, no internet needed, no save transfer needed) Is really good for me.

Also my GF is a fan of Mario Games, so it pleases us both on that aspect. (When she annoys me on the road she can just play mario kart )

Is the Switch the ultimate console? No, but imo it fills alot of needs for gaming. Especially with people getting older, they don'T have the time always to sit down on the couch and play. So be able to move this in bed play a bit here and that helps alot imo.

As far as early adopters problems, this might turn in whiteknight war. But even Sony and Xbox had issues at launch. MMO get problems at launch, etc. This is a risk that early adopters are aware (well i hope )

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Eh, I don't care about the bitching on quality issues; ms got shit on for RROD, Sony got shit on for something I'm sure but I just can't recall atm.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Eh, I don't care about the bitching on quality issues; ms got shit on for RROD, Sony got shit on for something I'm sure but I just can't recall atm.
    heck Sony systems seem to wear down easy... my PS2 died because you literally can't use it as a DVD player as advertised or it wears out the laser. My PS4 randomly ejects discs if it's placed horizontally. My PSX's tray lock button broke so I had to sit a book on the system to keep the lid closed. These are all issues I had without moving the console at all.

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I want to reiterate on the PS2 issue Kaslo brought up.

"Disk Read Error" was the bane of my PS2 experience. Trying to update to the newest FFXI expansion and having to go to war with the console was never fun. Switching to PC was the best move ever in that regard.

As for the Switch, I have been thoroughly happy with it. First off I am a huge proponent of on the go gaming and have been a gameboy/ds/3ds fan my whole life. So Nintendo seemingly merging their resources into a "best of both worlds" system seems like a fantastic proposition for me.

Zelda being the only real launch title is okay, though I am stokes for many of the titles in the worlds. Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem, maybe even a rethinking on the Pokémon franchise? The future seems really bright with the pivot to the Switch.

Concerning the build quality, I haven't really had any issues, but there are certainly areas to be improved. The OS, while super snappy and responsive, is practically useless. The plastic used seems to absorb oils from hands and surfaces fairly easily, though I don't know how much I buy all the claims of dock scratching. Unless you are throwing your Switch into the dock with utter disregard for its wellbeing, I don't see how you could really scratch the crap out of it.

To me the biggest underlying issue with the Switch will be how Nintendo evolves on their online network. This to me has always been Nintendo's weak spot. Everything from Friend systems, to communicating with other gamers, Nintendo has found a way to make it difficult, clunky, or totally non-existent. Now with the Switch and Nintendo's push into what seems to be the social gaming market and potentially esports(just look at the Switch launch trailer and how they presented Splatoon 2) it is going to be imperative for them to get their network platform on the Switch right... Especially considering they expect us to pay to use it this time.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm happy that I made this purchase. To be honest I'm getting much more out of this right after launch day than I did the WiiU for over 3 months (I barely turned it on before MH3U released and then I didn't shut it off). Zelda is fantastic and even though it's also splitting the generations we've gotten use out of the Switch portability already.

Having said that, Nintendo seems to have this ongoing issue the past five or six years with Potential. Potential is the word that I feel like best describes this console currently. Nintendo has so much potential they could take advantage of: Virtual console, friend list and online structure management, first and second party titles, renewed interest from third party. Its all just potential at this point.

They've got a strong launch. They need to keep pushing and stay engaged. Virtual console library will be a killer app if done well. First party titles done well like Starfox and Metroid will be pivotal if they want success. Zelda is a major win out the gate but if they let all of this potential lapse... Then we'll just have another WiiU situation.

Caustiously optimistic for now.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

So when does the next decent game come out for the Switch? Like November? lol

I don't care about the money, but I wouldn't buy a Nintendo console if they were $5 after the last few. They always promise 3rd-party support and their 3rd-party content is either vastly inferior or non-existent. Their first-party support is mostly aimed at kids, and I'm not 8 any more. It's a gimmick.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    So when does the next decent game come out for the Switch? Like November? lol
    Somewhat upgraded Mario Kart 8 in April but meh. Splatoon 2 in summer but I never was into that. Mario Odyssey in November, yep. Unless something is announced at e3 thats coming sooner... They better work out that Virtual Console soon.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Mario Kart is next month.

Splatoon 2 global testfire is in 2 weeks though.

BG Level

Mario Kart 8 came out in 2014....right?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is supposedly this year.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is supposedly this year.
    Ah yes, the yearly Nintendo game I will pirate and play on PC!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Let me find the most up to date chart...

I couldn't find one more updated than this: