Closed Thread
Page 9 of 151 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

More Emily Rodgers rumors

Here is what multiple sources close to Nintendo are telling me about 10k's hardware rumors: The gimmick is made up. GPU is wrong. Power level is wrong." "The specs on NX are good, but a lot of the information being shared in this thread is incorrect.

I was told that NX has good specs, but the info in this thread on the GPU and power level is just not correct. Sorry to burst everyone's hype.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    More Emily Rodgers rumors

So we've got one source saying "It's X" and another source saying it's "Not quite X". I would think if it were significantly weaker than the PS4, we would have heard from more than a few developers willing to break NDA (even if only as an "unnamed source") about how poor their dev kit options were. This tells me it may not quite be as strong as the PS4, but something along the lines of how the Gamecube was when compared to the PS2. Not necessarily stronger or weaker, just different - but comparable.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    So we've got one source saying "It's X" and another source saying it's "Not quite X". I would think if it were significantly weaker than the PS4, we would have heard from more than a few developers willing to break NDA (even if only as an "unnamed source") about how poor their dev kit options were. This tells me it may not quite be as strong as the PS4, but something along the lines of how the Gamecube was when compared to the PS2. Not necessarily stronger or weaker, just different - but comparable.
    Although Emily Rodgers is a rather trusted leak spreader.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Although Emily Rodgers is a rather trusted leak spreader.
    Oh, I know. Thats my point. She isn't saying the specs are terrible, just that 10k's posts about them are incorrect.

I was saying if the real NX specs are drastically weaker than the PS4, then developers who do have kits would be howling. The few developer comments we do have is that they love the hardware provided with the kits and find it great to work with, which means it has them happy enough at the prospect of putting out crossplatform titles for PS4/XBOne/NX for monetary reasons that they're willing to abide by the very strict NDA.

I think my Gamecube comparison may be pretty apt. Not stronger or weaker, just different.

She didn't refute some of the other items 10k posted, did she? Like FFXV on NX (I'm more inclined to think it's really the FF7 remake, but whatever)?

BG Level

Emily Rodgers back at it again, saying NX software will 'destroy' WIIU and stuff about first party games

https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2...ftware-output/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

and if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If true, good. They can start with a proper Metroid entry that they have had 4+ years to plan.

I'm still going to remain slightly skeptical about any "leak" or "rumor" until E3. Living off positive vibes here.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Azull View Post
    and if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you
    I mean I know i'm naive but some of the stuff she said isisn't hard to believe

I mean WIIU software was so shit it's not hard to beat.

I don't see what's wrong in believing their admit WIIU failed and instead of 'ruining' some franchise they just delayed it to NX

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I don't see what's wrong in believing their admit WIIU failed and instead of 'ruining' some franchise they just delayed it to NX
    It is probably more a cultural concept than a business idea.

That said, I too would wager some of this "1st Party Deluge" is made up of titles put on the back burner after it was obvious the Wii U would not recover. It would not surprise me to find out of internal talks to pull the trigger on some franchises (Star Fox or Metroid) now and hold the other for NX.

BG Level

I'm sure star fox will be ported to NX too, which is why atm I'm not buying anything for wiiu

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Every console generation Nintendo promises they're going to have huge software support and make things right with 3rd party developers; has this ever actually happened in decades? lol

In before some asshat talks about the deluge of Wii shovelware games to cash in on waggle; I'm talking real games here.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think the last game I played that might fit that description is Resident Evil 4.

But I don't own a Wii and my brother owns a WiiU and all we own for it is.. well, Nintendo games. Super Smash Bros, Xenosaga, Zelda.

Really I just like the virtual console.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nintendo NX Information

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Every console generation Nintendo promises they're going to have huge software support and make things right with 3rd party developers; has this ever actually happened in decades? lol

In before some asshat talks about the deluge of Wii shovelware games to cash in on waggle; I'm talking real games here.
    nope and this is a big reason why i stray away from nintendo consoles. the 2. being the shitty online modes. Friendcodes my ass. FFS grow up nintendo and get shit done...

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Most of the time I really don't care much for E3. I'm mainly there for the lulz but this E3 is going to be very interesting... that is unless they show nothing lol. I skipped out on the Wii U so I might be picking this one up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Even if the NX is trash, I'm looking forward to it because WiiU will get dirt cheap. Finally get a chance to play Xenoblade chronicles x, fatal frame, and maybe even that awful looking #FE.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level

Nintendo NX Information

The next generation of #Nintendo is coming March 2017! #NX

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...41af6c442e.jpg

BG Level

Also new Zelda delayed to 2017

BG Level

Some more tweets

Emily Rogers ‏@ArcadeGirl64 2 hil y a 2 heures Voir la traduction
    Miyamoto told Eurogamer that Pikmin 4 was close to completion...back in July 2015. This...has to be ready by March for NX launch...right?
    Unless they go, "Surprise! Pikmin 4 is just a Wii U title" and release it during the holidays this year. (I doubt it...but it's possible!)
    Nintendo of America ‏@NintendoAmerica 3 hil y a 3 heures Voir la traduction
    The new Legend of #Zelda will be the focus of #E3 2016. It will launch simultaneously on both Wii U and NX in 2017
    So seems like no NX news at E3

Unless Nintendo makes a bunch of surprise game announcements, holiday 2016 will go down as the worst holiday season Nintendo has ever had.

Daniel Vuckovic ‏@VOOK64 2 hil y a 2 heures Voir la traduction
    Nintendo forecast 3.26 m Wii U units sold this FY, next its predicting 800,000. Yeah production has stopped for sure.

And accourding to Nekkei, Nintendo will have his own "NX Event' kinda like sony did with the PS4

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXLAS...000/?dg=1&nf=1

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 151 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast