Closed Thread
Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Again, as much as I liked the idea of what Dreamcast did, it was a failure and not something I want to jump in on like when I was younger and my parents were the ones spending the money. No way Jose, I learned my lesson with Nintendy.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

You can't fault nintendo for wanting to merge console and mobile when they have been destroying the mobile market.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They also said Nintendo would aim to put industry-leading chips in the NX devices, after criticism that the Wii U’s capabilities didn’t match those of competitors.
    About goddamn time Nintendo!

Also... and offtopic
    Dreamcast was without a doubt the best console I ever bought.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Man can't wait to play Candy Crush Saga when Mario faces

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well go back and read early reports about the Wii U and see how that turned out. I love it but getting my hopes up for this isn't happening again.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    About goddamn time Nintendo!

Also... and offtopic
    Dreamcast was without a doubt the best console I ever bought.
    I loved my dreamcast too, I just didn't like the support it did not have by the last year of its life. I love my wiiu too, just not the support it has after this many years on the market.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Inb4 promises of third party support and idiots who believe that bullshit for what, the third time now? They'll release another console that will alienate the shit out of everyone and push themselves even further into a niche with only the most diehard of nintendo fans still supporting them.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Inb4 promises of third party support and idiots who believe that bullshit for what, the third time now? They'll release another console that will alienate the shit out of everyone and push themselves even further into a niche with only the most diehard of nintendo fans still supporting them.
    Come on man, Nintendo learned their lesson with crushing third party on NES and SNES. N64 is going to have KILLER third party support! You see that sweet SGI demo for Final Fantasy VII?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    i think its clear for everyone that you buy nintendo consoles for the nintendo titles and for nothing else lol. on the other hands i am questioning myself its really worth it to get a nintendo console for just those titles when the nintendo handheld puts out better games then the main console ... I ditched the Wii generation totally just because of the garbage remote control shit. At this point i really wish nintendo would give up on makeing thier own console and just would put their focus on makeing AAA games for PS4/Xbone and just maintain the handheld market (which has its own problems with mobile phone gameing).
    I frankly dont see the Nintendo Formula working for some longer time. They are so behind in almost every aspect that its starting to hurt them more and more (they were allready behind beforehand). The online gameing model, technology, etc etc.
    People are trending to get one device that does everything instead of 2-3 devices that do stuff seperatly. This is also one of the reaons why PC gameing is gaining alot more popularity. I mean your PC can do basicly EVERYTHING with almost no restrictions.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor: Nintendo to ship 10-12 million NX units in 2016, mass production starting at the end of the first quarter 2016
    Nintendo's new game console is scheduled to enter mass production at the end of the first quarter 2016 and despite the fact that the Japan-based company is targeting to ship 20 million units in 2016, the device's upstream component suppliers expect shipments to only reach around 10-12 million units. Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry) reportedly has been chosen to manufacture the device, but the company declined to comment on its clients or orders.

The new console is estimated to enter mass shipments in the second quarter. In addition to Foxconn, suppliers such as Foxconn Technology, Macronix, Pixart Imaging, Coxon Precise Industrial, Nishoku Technology, Delta Technology, Lingsen Precision Industries and Jentech will also supply components for the device.
    http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20151130PD203.html

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Good ole foxconn. I hope there won't be too much blood on the console when we get it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

New patent from Nintendo that seems related.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1150086

This seems like a huge gamble considering no one knows anything about it and it's kinda difficult to gauge public reaction ....

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Rumor: Nintendo to ship 10-12 million NX units in 2016, mass production starting at the end of the first quarter 2016

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20151130PD203.html
    Can't read the article only for paid subscribers care to copy pasta it?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Jesus, Nintendo is expecting 20 million units in 2016, despite the fact it will only be out for 2-6 months in the year? They're kinda setting themselves for failed expectations there. The PS4 is selling like hotcakes and only hitting ~15 million over the course of a full year. I know there's a difference between shipments and sales, but that's still a bit too optimistic.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Can't read the article only for paid subscribers care to copy pasta it?
    The only part of the article I left out was

Digitimes Research expects Microsoft's Xbox One and Sony's PlayStation 4 to achieve shipments of 13 and 18 million units, respectively in 2016, and if Nintendo's new console is able to ship 10 million units in the year, the company will then be able to maintain its competitiveness in the market.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

http://operationrainfall.com/2015/12...e-seen-before/

Nintendo has filed a new patent for "cluster gaming", essentially passing off processing duties to any number of tertiary devices while the main gaming console deals with most immediate processing needs.

This looks like a form of cluster-based console video gaming. The term cluster comes from the fact that instead of doing all of your processing on a single device, you are instead splitting the workload across a cluster of devices. One of the biggest issues with this by far, is latency (the time it takes for a message to travel back and forth between two devices). This is extremely important when streaming large amounts of data. For example, the Wii U has demonstrated a form of local game streaming with its Gamepad controller. The Wii U has to stream data to the Gamepad so that said Gamepad knows what it should be displaying on its screen, and what sounds it should be playing. Of course, some of the Wii U’s processing power gets devoted to sending data to the Gamepad, but with only one Gamepad this performance hit is quite manageable.
    Mitebcool.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sounds eerily similar to the patents Sony made years about multiple Cell processors across multiple devices working in tandem.

Curious to see what Nintendo has in mind though, since you can't have a daisy-chain requirement of processing hardware to play games in this day and age. Only applicable thing I could think of is hardware that enables backwards compatibility (assuming latency in transmitting the data isn't a problem), and it piggybacks off the NX so you can run everything through the one OS.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

......what if can hook up to your pc.....

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor: NX to be announced between March and May, Show the Console in June, and Launch in October/November
    http://blogs.barrons.com/asiastocks/...a-cuts-target/

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast