Closed Thread
Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    I can't imagine the WiiU touchscreen controller not continuing to be used liberally as a peripheral in dozens of NX titles just as the wiimote nun-chuck is used for many WiiU titles.
    May want to only sell the toaster, not the touchpad.
    I don't see anyone buying a wiiu without the gamepad, espcially since you need it to power the machine.

My personal issue with selling the wiiu is what about the games i have atm

I have 3 digital games, Xenoblade X, Mario Maker and Zelda WW (on an external HDD)
    and 1 Physical game Zelda TP

I wish they would confirm if there is BC or not for NX

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I wish they would confirm if there is BC or not for NX
    This is literally the deciding factor of buying an NX or not for me. If no backwards compatibility, I'll just pick up some dirt cheap WiiU from a ragebaby throwing it out.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Well, the NX has some sort of handheld thing according to the stuff leaked a while ago, right? I assume it will just work as the Wii U gamepad.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    This is literally the deciding factor of buying an NX or not for me. If no backwards compatibility, I'll just pick up some dirt cheap WiiU from a ragebaby throwing it out.
    I promise to sell you mine and a small library of titles if the NX isn't backwards comp. I'm so sour over Wii U I think I can swear off Nintendo titles and live with out them from now on.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Considering Xenoblade X2 is suppose to have a save transfer feature based on stuff you did in Xenoblade X, it sounds like there must be some sort of backwards compatibility

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Let's see how many idiots still buy new nintendo consoles. They don't give a damn what they do, because they'll always have the same suckers supporting their shitty hardware. If the Wii U wasn't a wake up call for them to go the way of Sega, than you nintendo shiteaters will never change.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It just sucks because I love their first-party titles but not enough to deal with their bullshit. I really don't have the desire to get more than one console and for the lack of third-party support, and at this point the lack of first party support, why bother?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Let's see how many idiots still buy new nintendo consoles. They don't give a damn what they do, because they'll always have the same suckers supporting their shitty hardware. If the Wii U wasn't a wake up call for them to go the way of Sega, than you nintendo shiteaters will never change.
    I feel I got my money's worth out of the Wii U, but just barely. I also didn't buy it until well after the fact when it was clear there was enough games to justify the purchase.

But Nintendo will need to put in alot of work to convince me to buy a new console, especially since I'll still be able to play Zelda on the old shit.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Only reason I bought the Wii U was I was able to get it for half the regular price a few years ago, think the only games I play on it and that's sorta rarely is LoZ TP HD, LoZ WW HD, Super Mario w/e it's called 3D that came bundled with it, and LoZ LttP that I bought on the VC for it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I don't understand the mentality of buying a Nintendo console for the sole purpose of playing 3rd party games on it. I get being miffed by gimmicks, or a lack of 1st party games but what 3rd party games aren't on the Wii U that would make you change your minds about the system? Keep hearing people bitch about Nintendo systems lack of power, but PC's blow any console away so why bother with them at all? I couldn't give less of a crap if people hate Nintendo or not. That's fine but don't come in to Nintendo threads and shit on everyone for buying the system because of your hang ups.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I got more out of the Wii U than I have with the X1. Beyond that I'd argue I've had more fun with Wii U games than PS4 games in a general sense.

The Wii U was a good console. The dual screen didn't work as well as it did on the DS, but I loved just having a console that took up a single outlet that I could play at, say, a convention or in an airport. It was strange, it was unique, but it worked for the most part and it managed to not fall into the trap that the Vita is currently in.

I hope the NX manages to do better things, but all 3 console making companies are planning upgrades of current consoles, so I'm fearing that the NX might still be underpowered compared to the PS4 Neo and the Xbox 1 part 2. Not to mention it'll be the last console catching up to the modern era of internet gaming so I doubt we'll see people jumping at the bit to play the latest Call of Duty on the NX.

BG Level

Even though we only just got a release window for Nintendo’s next system, codenamed NX, yesterday, a third party developer has already stepped forward to talk about it: Koei Tecmo, who are well known for their Dynasty Warriors, Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive franchises.

In its latest financial report, the developer has supposedly revealed that it has started working on games for the upcoming NX.
    http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/201...evelopment-nx/

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The Wii U was worth Xenoblade Chronicles X alone.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    The Wii U was worth Xenoblade Chronicles X alone.
    Between that, MH3U, and Smash, i got more than my money's worth of time sinks. The only reason my ps4 sees more use is because of FFXIV. WiiU is my favorite despite the technical specs and gimmicks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

As much as I loved Xeno X, I gave up when I got to like mission 10 and realized I had to get one person up to one heart and already did all the random mini story quests and easy board quests. So that would like 10+ hours of grinding just to continue the story because of an ancillary character. Xeno X2 better not have any of that shit.

But on a related note, as much as WiiU had some memorable titles and may of been worth the money, there very little of/absence of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc... titles and remakes don't count in my book

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    As much as I loved Xeno X, I gave up when I got to like mission 10 and realized I had to get one person up to one heart and already did all the random mini story quests and easy board quests. So that would like 10+ hours of grinding just to continue the story because of an ancillary character. Xeno X2 better not have any of that shit.

But on a related note, as much as WiiU had some memorable titles and may of been worth the money, there very little of/absence of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc... titles and remakes don't count in my book
    With you 100% As big as the Wii was (and I had one) I didn't care for it at all. WiiU was more of the same broken promises, shame on me I guess. I wanted to believe. Sadly, I was let down again. There are some quality titles. Not enough IMO. I really tried to get into Xeno X2, but didn't really like it too much. Had all the other common titles, Smash, Marios, etc. I think I'm over Nintendo. I'll still get 3DS stuff, but I'm not about to get burned a 3rd time. Fuck that. I don't use my XBone enough as it is. I don't need another console to collect dust.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think the internet collective deduced it was for an implement aimed at releasing alongside Nintendo's now quiet Quality of Life machine dillybobber thing.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I just pass through without sound but this doesn't look serious at all

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have pretty much given up on Nintendo consoles. I jumped the Wii and got an Xbox 360 in that generation because of the remote stuff of the Wii. I got a Wii U later on aaaaand. welp i dont know, It wasnt just worth it. i had more fun with the PS4 that i got like 8 months ago then i have had with Wii U since its launch. btw the Wii U gamepad wont even charge up anymore (i think the charger or battery is broken), but i dont even care to send it in or get a new one, because fuck it, i aint gonna touch the console anyway.

Its just the arbitrary shit that makes Nintendo consoles so tiring, all this network stuff with friendcodes etc etc. Dear god we are nearing 2020 and they still havent gotten the online fuctionality to be proper and very comfort like.
    Only thing i'll keep buying is 3DS/Handhelds, otherwise i really dont see clusterfucking my living room wiht an additional console for 5 years just for the 2-3 games that are worth it. Sony and Microsoft have excellent first and second party titles coupled with excellent 3. party titles that can match up with nintendos 1. party support or even be better then that.

I cant believe i was a nintendo fanboy 14 years ago ¬.¬ Imho the best thing Nintendo could do is give up on homeconsoles and become a software developer for consoles/smartphones and keep their handheld (maybe, because lets face it smart phones are the shit atm). I really dont want to see Nintendo go down the shit road Sega took, but realisticly i dont see them lasting more then 1-2 console generations from now unless they wrap their shit up or team up with someone much much bigger (apple?)

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast