BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Nintendo SWITCH(NX) Information - March 3, 2017

So realized we don't actually have a thread for this yet, but it appears a potential patent has been filed that lacks an optical drive (either Digital Only or Cart)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...19&postcount=1

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

"Nintendo files for a patent to make me pay more in Comcast bandwith overages."
    Seriously. The first month that I had my Xbox One was hell.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRuzhyo View Post
    Seriously. The first month that I had my Xbox One was hell.
    I agree digital only would be terrible, hell not everyone has reliable broadband as it is...

I could see a move back to Carts though, USB drives keep getting exponentially more space with decreasing costs so it could make the financially viable again.

I don't really know much about this but isn't USB 2.0 supposed to be incredibly fast? Could they make a system where games are stored on a cart with USB 2.0 kinda wiring?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

USB 3.0 would be the standard by the time this is released. Wiki says it transfers at 5GB/s while 2.0 is 480MB/s.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Costs are going down for SD storage, but lower then disk manufacturing? That sounds far fetched tbh. It has other benefits, but nothing like the old SNES days where the cartridges had extra hardware to help power the game. I'm just taking this patent with a grain of salt, they're probably releasing an alarm clock or some thing lol.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

This s suppsoe to be the WIIU successor right?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The NX is. This patent could be for anything though.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'm a little skeptical since I like physical copies more than digital. But my biggest question is if this system will have a controller that isn't absolute shit.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hopefully they don't do a shit job at marketing it like they did the Wii U. They need to name it something completely new and not like "Wii U Me"

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Hopefully they don't do a shit job at marketing it like they did the Wii U. They need to name it something completely new and not like "Wii U Me"
    WII US

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My money is on Super Wii U

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

My bet is that they forego all the euphemism and just call it the Nintendo Penis.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Is a Console / Mobile hybrid system, Dev Kits making their way to Developers
    Nintendo has begun distributing a software development kit for its new NX videogame platform, people familiar with the matter said, suggesting the company is on track to introduce the product as early as next year.

The kit is used by third-party software developers to modify existing games for the platform or create new ones. Videogame console makers such as Nintendo like to have popular game titles ready when they start selling new devices.

“We are increasingly of the idea that Nintendo might launch the NX in 2016 because of the softness of 3DS and Wii U,” said David Gibson, an analyst at Macquarie Capital Securities.

A Nintendo spokeswoman said the company plans to disclose details of NX next year.

Square Enix said in July that it planned to make the latest version of its blockbuster role-playing game Dragon Quest for the NX. That version, called Dragon Quest XI, is also planned for the 3DS and Sony Corp. ’s PlayStation 4.

The exact shape of the NX hardware isn’t yet clear. People familiar with the development plans said Nintendo would likely include both a console and at least one mobile unit that could either be used in conjunction with the console or taken on the road for separate use. They also said Nintendo would aim to put industry-leading chips in the NX devices, after criticism that the Wii U’s capabilities didn’t match those of competitors.

Mr. Kimishima is expected to carry forward the strategy of Mr. Iwata, a legendary figure for many videogame fans. In the months before his death, Mr. Iwata laid out plans to put Nintendo characters in games for mobile devices under a partnership with DeNA and made a deal with amusement park operator Universal Parks & Resorts, which is part of Comcast Corp.

“Nintendo is no longer just a traditional videogame company,” said industry veteran Hirokazu Hamamura, a director at Kadokawa Dwango Corp., which publishes magazines about videogames.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo...orm-1444996588

This is vastly similar to the Fusion system I posted about a couple years ago.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119...lled-Fusion-DS

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Since I do not expect Nintendo to be dumb enough to give us a mobile type device when we have our cellphones, I am guessing this will be a console/nintendo handheld that works together with console, kinda lika wii u remote. But it wont be as bulky and probably replace the 3ds as their handheld. So you will be pretty much buying their console and handheld in a bundle package. Maybe even a Nintendophone.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Reminds me too much of N-Gear. Not getting my hopes up.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Whatever it is I'm anything but optimistic.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If the handheld is stronger than the 3ds and works seamlessly with the console and games between the two then this could be a huge success. Wii U is already kinda like this with its tablet controller except Wii U is weak as a console on its own and the games suck especially compared to what's on 3DS.

BG Level

and the fact that the stupid gamepad is IR, aka if you go 5-10feet away you lose access

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Sounds like a Dreamcast/VMU type deal.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 151 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast