+ Reply to Thread
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Question about streaming QOL

Ok so i'm trying to enhance the QOL experience on my stream and I can't seem to find the good way to do it

1) I run Windows 10 X64
    2) I have OBS
    3) I stream on Twitch
    4) I only have 1 headset(mic integrated) I have no other Input/Output source when my headset

So here is the 2 things I want

1) I want that Discord (VOIP) discussion is not hearable in the stream, I want people to hear me, but not the people on discord

2) I have issues with the sound, I have to put the sound really high for it to be hearable on steam, but it makes the sound way too high on my headset.

If I go to mixer and lower FFXIV, it will lower then stream sound too.

So How can i make ONLY ffxiv sound lower on my headset, without lowering on the stream

Thanks

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If anyone has better ideas, feel free to leave your own. The following is just my opinions. Also, I'm assuming you're doing local recording to test your sounds instead of watching past broadcasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    1) I want that Discord (VOIP) discussion is not hearable in the stream, I want people to hear me, but not the people on discord
    Thanks
    Load FFXIV with your headset as the main audio device and run OBS at that time. Then, load your VOIP with a different audio device set in its program, such as your speakers. Noise gating should prevent most of the sound from getting through while you arent speaking. If you have an auxilary jack, you can do the earbud+headset combination if you can't have the sound coming from your speakers. OBS should only pick up the audio device selected when you load OBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    2) I have issues with the sound, I have to put the sound really high for it to be hearable on steam, but it makes the sound way too high on my headset.
    I just found out this myself. If you have the headset selected as the main audio source, you can select the global sound mixer by just clicking the speaker button in the taskbar(hoping windows 10 has same setup). This will change your headset sound without changing what OBS captures. You can test this with local recording as well by changing the slider - nothing should happen.

BG Level

I said I only have headsets

I do not have any speakers

as of #2 doesn'T work, if i slide the XIV down, it goes down on the stream too

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Right you dont slide any of the components in the mixer. You would slide the device volume on the far left:

I can take it down to 0 and still get sound. This is working for me so hopefully it will for you.

BG Level

edit : found a way to make it work