1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 11 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 7 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 hours, 11 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeh I don't think I've ever subjected myself to a static that requires FC membership. We just have linkshells for coordinating and scheduling events and whatever else.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I doubt FC airships will have anything to do with it beyond maybe optional flavor text or being able to access the zones from your house (which wouldn't make much sense actually, we don't exactly have docks on our roofs).

They cannot make FC airships a requirement without fucking over a shitton of the playerbase.

They've already said you could access the content from the airship dock in Ishgard if your FC doesn't have an airship.
    They actually said FC airships have some sort of advantage over the one docked in Ishgard. Won't be anything huge but it's there.

"You don't have to go to the dock in Ishgard!"

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    From what the previews show, it just looks like the VR will be a third person view so in reality.. they've taken a monitor, curved it, and shoved it against your eyes and dubbed it "Virtual Reality". Amazing.
    There really is no other way to implement VR for XIV... and I'd say that's a pretty good solution. Basically, the VR just puts the player in the place of the camera, which is a good-enough solution that doesn't ruin gameplay. And if you don't give a crap about the gameplay, just go into first-person view and boom, your immersion is maximized. Best of both worlds.

Keep in mind that being in third-person view in 3D is not the same thing as "shoving a monitor against your eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I doubt FC airships will have anything to do with it beyond maybe optional flavor text or being able to access the zones from your house (which wouldn't make much sense actually, we don't exactly have docks on our roofs).

They cannot make FC airships a requirement without fucking over a shitton of the playerbase.
    I fully anticipate that the advantage of having an FC airship will be that whichever islands your FC airship has unlocked are already accessible.

This gives an advantage to FC airships without "fucking over" the rest of the playerbase; everyone else just has to start from scratch (as the FCs did when they first sent out their airships).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Translation of additional information in the Famitsu article summarizing the PLL from TGS. This includes info beyond the information that was already present on the slides. The original article has the original slides posted, and supplemented them with additional bullet points for information that was elaborated on or not present on the slides. The stuff below is both mashed together.

Source: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201509/19089135.html

Original Info from Slides:

Overview
    • Patch 3.1 name is "As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness"
    • The patch is coming in early November, took a little longer than usual to give the staff a small break. The time between 3.1 and 3.2 will be back to usual.

The Void Ark
    • New 24-player alliance raid, similar difficulty to Crystal Tower, so players can casually enjoy it.
    • The role requirements will be the same as those of the World of Darkness.
    • Lotting restrictions will be separate for equipment and material rewards.

Exploratory Missions
    • Participate as an alliance with your Free Company airship
    • To take on Exploratory Missions with three parties, three airships will be required.
    • Encounter other parties on the same island.
    • Not all members need to be in the same FC, or in a FC at all. Islands can be accessed via expeditionary airships from the Holy See of Ishgard, either while solo or in a pre-formed party.
    • The area size will be more like a field area than a dungeon.
    • The area makes full use of height as well, so flying mounts will be useful.
    • On your first visit to the islands, you will need to attune to the currents before you can fly. There aren't many, and you should be able to get them all in about 15 minutes.
    • Islands will even play host to NM/HNM monsters. The strength of most enemies can be thought of as similar to A rank hunt monsters, some of them will be more like S ranks.
    • Gatherers can collect resources and rare items at various locations, some items are unique to these islands.
    • Rewards consist of various equipment, items, and more
    • The highest item levels available will be IL210 Aetherial equipment. The parameters applied will be determined at random.
    • Upon obtaining unwanted items, they can be exchanged for points which can be used to obtain other items.
    • Equipment obtained from treasure crates will have random glamours applied. The glamours can be removed to return them to their original appearance.

Lord of Verminion
    • Summon your minions to do battle in a real-time strategy game.
    • The same minion can be summoned more than once, so players don't need a wide variety to participate.
    • Time limit is 10 minutes, and the goal is to destroy all of your opponents "arcana stones."
    • Each minion has unique stats (HP, ATK, DEF, SPD), a skill, and a special effect.
    • Each minion also has a "type" (minions are organized in a rock/paper/scissors style arrangement with types) and cost to summon (10 to 30 points each, with 60 points available during preparation and 240 points available during combat).
    • Challenge Mode: Variety of different themed battles to clear
    • Training Mode: Unranked matches for friends to play against each other
    • Battle Mode: Ranked matches where wins/losses are tallied
    • Tournament Mode: Will be available with a matching function from the start
    • Matching will be based on battle performance. Various achievements and rewards will be available.
    • For PvP, rankings will be implemented with Wolves Den II (tentative name) in the future. [[previously this was discussed as being for 3.2]]

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

They still haven't talked about the new primal, or whether or not we are getting The Singularity Reactor extreme this patch. (Which I hope we do!) Another question is whether or not for 3.2 they will release normal and savage alex at same time, or will there be another 2 to 4 week wait after that patch for savage alex 2.

Black Belt
    BG Level

why would you expect them to talk about 3.2 at all? nothing they decide about that matters at this point since they have 5 months to change their minds.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The airship content just sounds like a new zone. Not lots of new islands.

It screams Abyssea to me. (minus the buffs)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    The airship content just sounds like a new zone. Not lots of new islands.

It screams Abyssea to me. (minus the buffs)
    I'm sure everyone has different feelings on this but I'm perfectly ok with open world endgame being a thing as an alternative to raids, especially the current one. I just feel like they are going to gate the hell out of it somehow to make it a pain in the ass and thereby not as fun or exciting as it should be.

At the very least, stat randomization on Aetherial gear will add a Diablo-esque loot grind type thing which could give the content legs (or be its downfall).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    I'm sure everyone has different feelings on this but I'm perfectly ok with open world endgame being a thing as an alternative to raids, especially the current one. I just feel like they are going to gate the hell out of it somehow to make it a pain in the ass and thereby not as fun or exciting as it should be.

At the very least, stat randomization on Aetherial gear will add a Diablo-esque loot grind type thing which could give the content legs (or be its downfall).

I'm 100% ok with anything different. I personally thought Abyssea was excellent before everyone got atma buffs and it changed from alliance content to dual box content.
    A single zone just isn't the impression I got from the first few verbal hints and doesn't pair up with the current airship ventures.

I wonder if it will be Dynamis like time limit zone or more of a sky type zone.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Im excited for it, did not expect them to release something like this. I just have to echo similar fears of it being massively gated or restricted into obscurity.

My prediction is treasure maps + hunts.

If they actually are "open" zones everything is just going to be zerged by massive amounts of people.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Optimism: Roaming monsters can drop crafted items at random to gold-level participants. Other Monsters are spawned by the "rare gatherer" items crafted into pop items to spawn monsters at random, claimed to the group. S tier monsters appear both ways, roaming with gold level rewards or randomly popped to encouraging quick collaboration with others on the map.

Pessimism: Monsters just roam 24/7. No cap to the instance and/or a small cap to the instance so you can't zone in with your friends reliably. Everything is zergable by the horde of players and drops only go to those with full credit aka those who were in full parties at 100% or didn't lag out.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

You can take the pessimism even further: items/chests only go to the alliance that claimed the mob. Gotta bring back the XI nostalgia.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    You can take the pessimism even further: items/chests only go to the alliance that claimed the mob. Gotta bring back the XI nostalgia.
    Real PVP

time to camp HNMs with a tank + healer to hold while waiting for FC to arrive after pop....

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    time to camp HNMs with a tank + healer to hold while waiting for FC to arrive after pop....
    no camping, your ship and its passengers gets booted when fuel runs out (i can't tell if i want this to be true or not).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I hope to god there's no lockout bullshit. We're already dealing with RNG and possibly claiming problems.

I'm wondering what we can gather there though. The next tier of maps would be cool.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Idea/theory: airship zones will have pink gear worth considering using, but each zone will have a daily loot lockout (or a cooldown long enough that it may as well be, ala Dynamis). Which I don't think is unreasonable if it's like "treasure maps that matter" in terms of where it is content-wise.

Or pessimistic-mode, weekly lockout, one piece of gear. Not guaranteed to get a piece your job can actually wear.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I hope to god there's no lockout bullshit. We're already dealing with RNG and possibly claiming problems.

I'm wondering what we can gather there though. The next tier of maps would be cool.
    that's why i wouldn't want it. but it's also very possible that with no lockout of any kind on an open world, every time you take the airship there, there's nothing up cause they've already been killed.