1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    ^ They're essentially the same thing.
    It might've been wording but I get what he's saying. The lockouts would be okay if there was enough busy work in the game to keep you occupied, but even if you played an hour a day you eventually run out of stuff to do.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I would much strongly prefer an arbitrary massive grind. In all honesty, lockouts have been killing this game.

If content had much more sustainability this wouldn't be a problem.
    For me the massive grinds have been killing the game. The time to fun ratio has been increasing with every patch and I don't want FFXIV to be the only game I play, which is what massive grinds create.

I'm also unhappy that Heavensward is exactly like ARR whereby you have to be in a static to progress. I realised in June that I can no longer commit to raiding on a schedule as it was affecting my personal life too much.

I've barely logged in since and have yet to complete the story. Turns out I've even been booted from my FC for inactivity. SE needs to bring something new to the table to regain my interest.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Turns out I've even been booted from my FC for inactivity.
    lol, who the fuck does this? Is the 500+ FC slots not enough for them?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Look, seeing those 100+ days of inactivity next to member names makes people uncomfortably aware that there's nothing to do besides slam your dick in the AS door, and hope Airship Exploration isn't a massive failure.

So you sort of Streisand Effect it by kicking them and having the act show up in the log. lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

My FC trims inactives > 30 days who haven't provided a reason for absence. It looks a lot better to new recruits to see a list of active players than 20 active ones and 50 inactive ones.

Makes sense to me.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I don't blame them to be honest because inactives don't look good on the member list. I joined a hardcore raiding FC just before Heavensward with the intention of raiding with them. Shit happened in my personal life and I had to quit raiding before Alexander was released, meaning I never even got trialed. I hold nothing against them as they were quite understanding of my situation. They probably thought I'd quit playing when I hadn't logged in for a month.

I'm just unhappy with SE for being so lazy with Heavensward. ARR was fun but I wanted something fresh with the expansion and they didn't deliver. I can't actually quit the game however, the joys of running a FFXIV website. :D

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    My FC trims inactives > 30 days who haven't provided a reason for absence. It looks a lot better to new recruits to see a list of active players than 20 active ones and 50 inactive ones.

Makes sense to me.
    And, yet, we've had people come back six months to a year later and start joining roulettes and things like nothing happened. Kicking them would've just alienated them and maybe they wouldn't have continued playing after a week or two.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

XIV at Tokyo Game Show 2015 (September 19th) {18th for NA}

Well my guild is part of a larger gaming community so sometimes people go play another game. We send them a PM or email when we kick usually and let them know they can come back of they're just gona altogether. We have a high retention rate with quitters in that regard.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    For me the massive grinds have been killing the game. The time to fun ratio has been increasing with every patch and I don't want FFXIV to be the only game I play, which is what massive grinds create.

I'm also unhappy that Heavensward is exactly like ARR whereby you have to be in a static to progress. I realised in June that I can no longer commit to raiding on a schedule as it was affecting my personal life too much.

I've barely logged in since and have yet to complete the story. Turns out I've even been booted from my FC for inactivity. SE needs to bring something new to the table to regain my interest.
    The grind has been the biggest issue for me. leveling from 50-60 is not fun since its 2 fates zones and dungeon grind that takes 10x to level when compared to fates. Top off the fact that they added a grind to gathering and crafting and its meh... and then the savage wall is stupid when there is literally no middle ground (i.e., normal coil) and SE has effectively made Heavensgrind alienate 99% of the game population. Why SE thought that a 20% Coil completion ratio was too high and then made it savage exclusive makes no sense to me.

If it was the same old from ARR I would of been happy tbh, but so far they have done the same old but made everything worse

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

We're a smallish group and we kick people out after 100 days unless we've heard from em. We do make it clear if they come back to the game they're welcome to rejoin. Most do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5