+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Colbert will have the Zelda Symphony Orchestra as his musical guest on Oct. 13th.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ampaign=buffer

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Colbert will have the Zelda Symphony Orchestra as his musical guest on Oct. 13th.
    Beaten

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

On tonight, for people who forgot like me.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Zelda Orchestra was great, even though I only recognized the Hyrule theme and Zelda's theme. My fault for not playing anything beyond Wind Waker.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The Stanley Tucci payoff was underwhelming.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm only getting around to watching it now, but that exchange between Colbert and Jean Baptiste in regards to Power Rangers was incredibly hilarious.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Do they normally put the musical acts up on youtube after airing? Was wanting to see Ghost's performance but I don't have tv.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Not sure but whole episode should be on the late show website.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

I went to Tuesday's taping with Hillary (by mistake, had tickets before they announced her, but worked out well). The setup is similar to Colbert Report's but Stephen is a lot less interactive with the fans. He does his Q&A before the show still, but once in the show he is primarily talking with his producers and the guests between segments while the band plays, and not with the crowd. A bit disappointing but understandable I guess.

John Baptiste and Stay Human is pretty damn talented.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

http://nypost.com/2015/11/01/is-jimm...g-out-of-hand/

He’s one of NBC’s biggest success stories — keeping “The Tonight Show” at the top of the late-night ratings with bouncy show tunes and campy games.

Now Jimmy Fallon is also one of NBC’s biggest worries.

On Oct. 24, Fallon was stitched up at a hospital in Cambridge, Mass., after falling — and dropping a bottle of Jägermeister — while receiving the Harvard Lampoon’s Elmer Award for Excellence in Humor. “I threw the bottle and then I landed on broken glass,” a bandaged Fallon recapped on his show the following Monday. “There [were] pools of blood everywhere.”

It’s the party guy’s third injury in four months, and sources say NBC is worried that Fallon’s drinking has become excessive. And while they’re not doing anything about it — yet — “It’s gone from being a whisper to a chatter,” says one industry insider of Fallon’s over-the-top behavior.

In June, the 41-year-old comedian nearly severed his finger after tripping on a rug at his luxe Gramercy Park pad and catching his wedding ring on a countertop. Prior to that injury, he had been out dining and posing with wine-drinking fans at Upper East Side Italian restaurant Scalinatella.

“Tripped and caught my fall (good thing)!” he tweeted that day. “Ring caught on side of table almost ripped my finger off (bad thing).”

The hand injury required a six-hour surgery and a 10-day stay in the ICU.

Two months later, Fallon high-tailed it to the dentist for a chipped front tooth, which he says he got, ironically, while trying to open a jar of scar-tissue-repair gel to treat his damaged digit.

“#BestSummerEver,” he tweeted.

But not everyone is laughing.

The consecutive injuries come on the heels of a seemingly endless parade of Page Six mentions chronicling the after-hours antics of the host, who is married to Nancy Juvonen (co-owner with Drew Barrymore of the production company Flower Films) and has two daughters, both under 2 years old.

There was April 2014 at the East Village dive bar Niagara, where Fallon was allegedly involved in a brawl after a Thursday night taping of “The Tonight Show.” (The next evening, he managed to rally and partied at a Chelsea watering hole until the early morning, buying shots of vodka for the entire bar.)

This past January, patrons recorded a clearly inebriated Fallon belting out Katy Perry’s “Walking on Air” while literally crawling on the bar at West Village gay bar Marie’s Crisis.

An inside source says that before August’s annual Apollo in the Hamptons summer benefit, which is held at Ronald Perelman’s 57-acre East Hampton estate, Fallon was drinking heavily and “doing shots.”

“He’s a mess,” says a Manhattan bartender who has served the host over the years, adding, “I love him.”

She recalls a time around 2009 when a happily wasted Fallon, then the newly tapped host of “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,” played beer pong with the staff at the now-closed Whiskey River in Union Square until 5:30 a.m., before continuing the party upstairs at the bar’s private apartment.
    There's a lot more in the article, pics/quotes/videos/more text

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Eh, NY Post is pretty much a tabloid that's only slightly more credible than the National Enquirer.

Reminds me of that story where Jimmy is asking random people in parties if they have cocaine.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Surprised no one has posted yet but looks like Jon Stewart has signed a 4-year contract with HBO. Gonna guess he'll be doing a weekly show like Oliver that isn't as strictly structured or as time consuming as TDS.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Naw.

The former Daily Show host has signed a four-year production deal with the premium-cable network and will kick off the pact with the creation of topical short-form digital content.

The pact will see the short-form digital content showcased on HBO Now, HBO Go and other platforms. Also included in the pact is a first-look option for other film and TV ventures.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Maybe just because Jennifer Lawrence is so damn charming, but her interview on Colbert is one of the more fun ones I've seen recently.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So Colbert has made it nine months, two months longer than Conan had The Tonight Show. Colbert's show has gone thru several behind the scenes changes with different producers and the ratings are consistently bad. Meanwhile, James Corden is getting famous with Carpool Karaoke bits. I'm predicting that Corden will take over the Late Show by next fall and Colbert will take a pay day and early retirement after the contentious election season + stress takes years off his life.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I thought his show was doing well. What's wrong with it?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Low ratings. He's consistently third in the slot.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So Colbert has made it nine months, two months longer than Conan had The Tonight Show. Colbert's show has gone thru several behind the scenes changes with different producers and the ratings are consistently bad. Meanwhile, James Corden is getting famous with Carpool Karaoke bits. I'm predicting that Corden will take over the Late Show by next fall and Colbert will take a pay day and early retirement after the contentious election season + stress takes years off his life.
    Oh thank god.
    The UK thanks you for your sacrifice america.
    Please keep Corden over there as long as possible.
    Shame you couldn't keep Piers Morgan as well

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

the UK doesn't like Corden? Wow he seems like a gem. I was watching some old 8 out of 10 cats does countdown episodes with him and it was a real laugh riot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag