1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kharo's Macro Emporium     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Or 0 if you already use macros to copy hotbars, it'll just remove the possibility of the macro fucking up.

If they just made macros queueable like normal commands it would solve everything :3

I don't think I have ever played a game where macros hurt you lol.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I've been watching A3S videos and found this one interesting.

The DRK does very good DPS and is using a shit ton of macros. DRK is such a clunky job when it comes to oGCDs maybe he's on to something. I wish I could see exactly what all those macros do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrV0pllr6fI

He finishes at 861.
    I can't even see his macros doing anything, he's manually hitting everything from what I can see. Wondering if they're just something like /facetarget on every one so he doesn't lose autos whilst moving around, but I dunno. Either way I don't think losing GCD queueing is actually as huge a hit as a lot of people like to make out, I don't think it's a good idea at all but it's not going to knock significant numbers off your DPS either way. Also his latency is actually kind of disgusting, tethers are such a fucking awful mechanic but you realize watching videos like that it's because they're actually fucking perfectly functional in their playtesting environment, yet when I try to take tethers I have to stand in them for multiple seconds and pray they actually pass to me. That first tether they get in add phase was 100% a death if I was in his shoes. Latency also has a direct impact on your GCD and DPS too, his low ping is probably shaving as much time off of each GCD as losing the ability to queue is making him lose.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    I don't use many pet command macros because pet command is trash. You cannot stop fairies from auto-healing no matter what you do, and interrupt macros are unreliable. You can't use a macro to queue a pet action (you can queue pet actions the same way you do your own, though), and pet actions that you initiate can't be queued onto, either. I find it better to just let the fairy heal whoever she wants and queue the buffs before i need them. Leads to some occasional overhealing, but not much.
    I don't disagree nowadays. But back when I played SCH hardcore I lived by my old embracespam macro. Something like

/micon "Embrace" pet
    /pac "Embrace" <2> <wait.2>
    ...repeat to end of macro lines
    /echo Repeat Embracespam! <se.14>

I had a version of this for <2> (main tank), <3> (offtank), and <f> (focus, rarely used in PvP or out-of-party or self open world).

The purpose of wait2 is so that if fairy becomes stunned or doing other shit, she won't stand around for -too- long before she starts getting fed commands again. Wait3 isn't long enough because of pet delay receiving orders, wait1 is too short in that you have to re-hit it too often, wait4 accomplishes the same as wait2 but without the redundancy check.

13 lines of this is nearly 30 seconds so it also functioned as a soft reminder for Selene sort of kind of not really since I would have to re-hit this often. But with the mount macro canceller I could also call this off pretty easily too. The intent is to abuse what you just noted as a problem: that fairy's gonna fairy. The only goal of this macrospam is to make sure she is spamming Embrace when every party member is above 80% (the auto-embrace threshold). Which leads to some overheal but often preheals or catches that early damage between 99 and 81%. It's just fire-and-forget. It's funny because there was a period where people were complaining about some fairy AI problems after a patch (2.3? 2.4?) and I and everyone I told who uses this macro were like "I literally don't notice anything worse/different."

I also had a line of spam like this for the fairy buffs, Contagion, and Shockwave (for pvp) but kind of "trying too hard" for me when I quit.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Update. New introductory text under Revision 2, new macros, improvements to old macros.

Also, something that occurred to me about the above tactic: You can only have one macro "running" at a time. So if you do that continual command-feeding macro stuff, you will interrupt the command feed if you use any other macro. Not a big deal if you then hit the command feed macro again, but important to keep in mind should one use it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

There was a nice little thing added in 3.1 that skipped over most people's heads because of how little attention it got in the notes, /statusoff

Potential uses there for Blood for Blood, Berserk (mob jumps and you'd rather be pacified while it's gone instead of right when it comes back), "Spear Drawn" (or other cards for AST when you've setup your aoe and trying to get a balance to hold), probably others.

/statusoff "Name of Ability"

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I have updated this guide to reflect my current macro philosophy. It does not, at present, contain a list of all of my macros because that is tedious, and the ones I have posted can easily be used as a template for any job. The videos and some of the pictures, as mentioned, are out of date but still display the concepts they are meant to, so they're not a major priority and I'll get to them as I have the time.

As you can see, I have gotten away from direct ability use macros, limiting them only to special cases... and Mercy Stroke.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Came expecting ASCII art. Left disappointed.

Here's a useful one for lowbie tanking though.

Spoiler: show
    /mk attack1 <t>
    /ac "Target Forward"
    /mk attack2 <t>
    /ac "Target Forward"
    /mk attack3 <t>

It automatically makes targets for a group of 3. Good for when you're unable to nuke the shit out of pulls thanks to level sync.