• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

2015-16 NFL Week 1: I spy a bounty of games to murder and abuse our deflated spirits.

Well, here we are. After taking about Tom Brady's balls for ninety-five percent of the summer (and Tim Tebow the other five percent) we finally have meaningful football to watch. There are several great games slated for this week, but I just can't shake this feeling that the NFL is both the best professional sports league in the world and also a putrid, steaming pile of shit.

Today, an Outside the Lines/ESPN: The Magazine article (link) alleges that Roger Goodell and league officials destroyed eight videotapes via the Suh Stomp and shredded documents in Gillette Stadium to contain the scope of Spygate and the evidence against the Patriots. It also quotes St. Louis Rams head coach and Super Bowl XXXVI loser Mike Martz as he describes being pressured by Goodell to put out a public statement supporting the Spygate investigation and punishment, even though he suspected the Patriots of videotaping his walk-through or practices prior to the Super Bowl. The article also implies that this summer's four-game suspension of Tom Brady after another cheating scandal was the direct result of the owners' reactions to the botched Spygate ordeal. (Sports Illustrated, one step behind as always, chose to run a hit piece on the Patriots and only mentions Goodell and his integrity-of-the-game nonsense in passing.)

This would all be unsettling on its own, but we've arrived at this point after many other incidents where Goodell appears to be anywhere from completely incompetent to legitimately sinister. Goodell probably saw and tried to cover up the inside-the-elevator video of Ray Rice's assault on his fiancée. The League did nothing leading up to the Aaron Hernandez arrest and let the Patriots handle it themselves. Only after he was released by New England did they release a statement, only stipulating any other team that wishes to sign Hernandez needed league approval to do so. And the new revelations about Spygate aren't a good look either, not to mention murkier waters like Richie Incognito or Michael Sam, and scandals where the NFL seemed to react appropriately like Adrian Peterson's assault charges, Bountygate, and Michael Vick's dogfighting ring. If Goodell's recent history is any indication, he may have tried to cover up aspects of those cases as well.

On one hand, I feel for Roger Goodell. The immense pressure of keeping the empire of the NFL afloat must be monumental. The guy wasn't even in office for a year before Bad Newz Kennels was in the news, and Spygate launched after week one of his second season. He's got thirty-two billionaires to keep wealthy and content, while trying to put a happy face on a league that employs a wretched hive of scum and villainy, and that's just the former UF players. Is Goodell just unlucky? Did Paul Tagliabue have the luxury of managing the NFL in the pre-Twitter world? Or is Goodell actually a terrible commissioner and a terrible person?

But right now, who cares? ARE YOU READY FOR SOME MOTHERFUCKING FOOTBALL!?!?

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Predictions!

AFC East: New England
    AFC North: Cincinnati
    AFC South: Indianapolis
    AFC West: Kansas City
    Wild Cards: Denver, Miami

NFC East: Dallas
    NFC North: Green Bay
    NFC South: Carolina
    NFC West: Seattle
    Wild Cards: Philadelphia, New Orleans

AFC Championship: New England over Indianapolis
    NFC Championship: Green Bay over Dallas
    Super Bowl Champ: Green Bay Packers

Coach: Andy Reid, Kansas City
    Comeback POY: Sean Lee, Dallas
    Offensive POY: Jamaal Charles, Kansas City
    Defensive POY: JJ Watt, Houston
    Offensive ROY: Amari Cooper, Oakland
    Defensive ROY: Vic Beasley, Atlanta
    NFL MVP: Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay

Coaches Fired: Mike McCoy, Tom Coughlin, Jay Gruden

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Breggy "The Greek" Degenerate Gambling History

2014-15

M/L: 175-91-1
    ATS: 136-127-4

2013-14
    M/L: 169-97-1
    ATS: 132-125-10

2012-13
    M/L: 172-94-1
    ATS: 134-124-9

2011-12
    M/L: 172-96
    ATS: 138-123-7

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH

8:30pm EDT, NBC

Pittsburgh at New England (-7) - Well, if you wanted to work the country into a frenzy of simultaneous fascination and disgust with the Patriots before Thursday night's opener, mission accomplished. Deflategate was at the same time a window into the world of a powerful man flailing about to save his job and one of the biggest "much ado about nothing"s in modern sports history. My feelings on Tom Brady and deflated balls are best compared to a starting pitcher scuffing a baseball up on the mound. Does everyone here remember Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda suspended ten games for having pine tar on his neck last season? No? That's because it didn't dominate the sports news cycle for an entire fucking summer. Did Brady cheat? Who the fuck knows. Nothing was proven beyond a reasonable (read: non-NinjaLotter) doubt. But four games was ridiculous, and a tiny piece of me is glad Shit-Ass is free, even if a much larger piece of me would have been in Patriots schadenfreude heaven. As for the game, the Pats get their best player back while the Steelers will be without two of theirs due to injury and the sticky-icky. I'm not buying the Brady/Belichick revenge tour thing right now, I just think that New England is a much better team than Pittsburgh. Patriots win and cover.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH

1:00pm EDT, CBS

Cleveland at NY Jets (-3) - Last week I received a tweet from a fellow BG'er that Cleland had cut defensive tackle Phil Taylor from Baylor, a favorite of mine and the last remnant of the ill-fated Julio Jones trade. Taking his place at nose guard will be another first-round draft pick, Danny Shelton, who is getting rave reviews but comes with all the caveats of a rookie lineman. The Browns want to be a physical team, as evidenced by their offensive line coach's recent conduct. Seriously though, this is a very bad team that will struggle to score double-digit points most Sundays. I mean, who watched tape of Josh McCown last year and thought, "Get me some of that, please!" The Jets have to be better than last year, especially in the passing game if GMARSH and Eric Decker can stay healthy. Unfortunately I think this team and the New York media will chew up Todd Bowles and spit him out, but there's a chance he builds a legit top defense with the pieces in place along the D-line and in the secondary. With their former coach in Buffalo and Miami getting some preseason buzz (from Tyche) I feel like there's some sneaky value in what New York is doing. But I'll wait until week 2 when they play a real NFL team to see how far along they are. Jets win and cover.

Kansas City at Houston (-1) - Yes, I'm a sucker for whichever team is documented in Hard Knocks ever year. But my man-crush on JJ Watt is pretty well-founded, considering he's the best football player I've ever watched in my lifetime. Also, the two funniest things on Hard Knocks: Vince Wilfork in overalls, and the attempts to be all hard and serious as Brian fucking Hoyer leads them out of the tunnel. It'll be the same old song for Houston, an above average team in a conference with too many excellent ones. Kansas City might be an excellent team, especially if Jeremy Maclin gives them that extra throttle they've lacked on offense. The two units I'm looking at are the rebuilt offensive line and secondary. There's a lot of pressure on rookie corner Marcus Peters, but he's got the size and skill to compete with NFL receivers. Let's see if DeAndre Hopkins can get loose on him. Still, without Arian Foster, the Texans are too vanilla on offense for my liking. Chiefs in the upset.

Indianapolis at Buffalo (+2.5) - Frank Gore is 32. Andre Johnson is 34. Bringing in both players in the twilight of their NFL usefulness screams that the Colts are grasping at a championship. Remember when they gave up a first-round pick for Trent Richardson? Every team needs urgency, but when you have the best young quarterback in the conference, I would think you'd want to surround him with young players drafted and developed by your staff and an improved offensive line instead of a rent-a-plodder like Gore. But Indy will continue to win AFC South titles because it's a weak-ass division and hopefully they continue with the short-sighted roster moves until they wind up imploding in spectacular fashion. Things are happening in Buffalo, and I don't mean at Patrick Kane's mansion. Honestly I really couldn't think of a better NFL marriage than Rex Ryan and Richie Incognito. Tyrod Taylor, Sammy Watkins, and Robert Woods make up some potent yet unproven offensive talent, but they'll likely lean heavily on new feature back LeSean McCoy. He's already battling a hamstring injury, so who knows what the Bills offense will look like if he goes down. I'd really like to pick the Bills here, but the inexperience of Taylor, McCoy's injury, and Marcell Dareus's one-game suspension have me worried. Colts win and cover.

Miami at Washington (+4) - I like the Dolphins. They are a proud NFL franchise. While I was growing up and learning football, they had one of the best players ever in Dan Marino. They have a unique color scheme. I'm not rooting for them, per se, but if they become successful I wouldn't be mad. This year, they've added Donkey Kong Suh and Jordan CAM'RON, two players I like and will be watching closely. I think another year with Joe Philbin, Bill Lazor, and Ryan Tannehill all on the same page will be very productive, and even with Brady playing all season I think Miami can compete for the division. As for Washington, I've never seen a franchise intentionally demolish their superstar player and their roster quite like the Redskins. At this time two years ago, Washington was coming off their NFC East-winning effort and primed for more of the same. They started slowly, going 3-5 and leading to questions about Mike Shanahan and Bobert Triple. The following week, they blew a 13-point lead in the second half in Minnesota, despite RG3 throwing for 281-3-0. Then the wheels came off. They lost seven straight to end the year, RG3 was either injured or benched or both by week 15, and Shanahan was fired at the end of the year. What went wrong? No, it wasn't the quarterback play. It was not having any fucking defense or special teams. 2014 was more of the same, with Bruce Allen failing to address glaring roster needs and Jay Gruden faffing about with three quarterbacks. Now, Kirk Cousins has been named the starter, not just for week 1 but for the entire 2015 season. Nothing against KC12, but Washington burned three drafts on this guy and now he's their very expensive, very surly backup. I wonder what kind of phone calls they've received about trading him? Could they get a fifth? A fourth? Either start him or cut your losses. I just hope Bobert lands in St. Louis and they win the Super Bowl with him and all the players drafted in that trade. Dolphins win and cover.

1:00pm EDT, FOX

Green Bay at Chicago (+6.5) - No quarterback is as bulletproof as Aaron Rodgers. His top receivers could be James Jones and my best friend James and I'd still pencil him in for 4000 and 30. I'm glad he got his ring early, because he could just phone in another 10 years of this kind of production and still be a no-doubt Hall of Famer. But the problems with the Pack are everywhere else. Can the offensive line stay healthy? What kind of production will they get from the front seven? Will they go with the rare 2-4-5 defense? With Detroit now in competent hands, an NFC North title isn't a given, but I wouldn't bet against them anytime soon. So wait, last season happened and Jay Cutler is still the starting quarterback? That's fucking awesome. Adam Gase looked like a genius in Denver, but we'll see how much of that was Peyton and how much he can do with Smokin' Jay. John Fox has luckboxed his way to winning with worse teams, so maybe he can pull a Tebow rabbit out of the hat. But not this week. Packers win and cover.

Carolina at Jacksonville (+3) - Another year, another depressing wide receiver depth chart in Charlotte. When the fuck are they going to get more than one legit target for Cam Newton? I do like handing the keys to Jonathan Stewart, if that's actually what Ron Rivera is going to do. If Luke KEEKLEE and Star Lotulelei can stay on the field, the defense will be a great unit. Overall I like them to win the NFC South, with a winning record this time. We're about to see year three of the Gus Bradley experience in Jacksonville, and it's time for some improvement in the win-loss record. No matter how cool your owner is, 7-25 is going to piss him off. Bradley is hoping to see a lot of offensive improvement with Julius Thomas helping out the surprisingly good Allens (Hurns and Robinson) in the passing game. They're also hoping rookie back TJ Yeldon hits the ground running, but will he be more Lacy or TRENT? The defense doesn't have many household names, but getting Jared Odrick from Miami and Davon House from Green Bay will help. Bradley made his money building Seattle's defense with Pete Carroll, so if he can imitate that kind of success, he'll be in Jacksonville for a long time. But without much of a pass rush (3rd overall pick Dante Fowler is done for the year with a torn ACL) I'm not sure it will all gel this season. Panthers win and cover.

Seattle at St. Louis (+4) - Outside of Russell Okung, Seattle's offensive line looks awfully light on experience. Sure, they could survive some early struggles with Russell Wilson evading and Marshawn Lynch BEASTMODEing tacklers, but the Seahawks are already starting to show evidence that their regular season dominance could come to an end. Adding Jimmy Graham might do wonders for their intramural basketball team, but Drew Brees is quite a different quarterback from RussWils and it remains to be seen if he can have some chemistry with Graham. And if you're rolling with a young offensive line, the last team you want to see is the Rams. Chris Long and Robert Quinn on the outside and Aaron Donald up the middle will make for a long day for anyone, and they should have a field day here. But St. Louis has its own offensive issues, with a lot of new faces in Nick Foles, Todd Gurley, and linemen Jamon Brown and Rob Havenstein. I love under-41, and think it will be as good of a game as last year's tilt, where Jeff Fisher pulled a fake punt out of his ass to steal a win. This time, Seahawks win, Rams with the points.

4:05pm EDT, FOX

New Orleans at Arizona (-2.5) - Drew Brees threw a Cutler-esque 17 picks last year. Then they trade Jimmy Graham to the Seahawks. Time to rebuild? Not quite, as there's still plenty of juice left to like here. CJ Spiller will take over the Sprolesian role in the offense, and Brandin Cooks looks ready to elevate himself into the top tier of receivers. Their return for Graham included Max Unger who should anchor the offensive line. The NFC South is wide open, and Sean Payton has proven himself to be the most competent coach in the bunch. In Arizona, it seems like they lose a defensive coordinator every year. They still have plenty of talent but keeping up with the toughest division in football with new DC James Bettcher might be tough. Offensively they hope a healthy Andre Ellington and free agent Chris "CJ0K" Johnson provide some spark, because their run game sucked last season. If Carson Palmer can stay on the field and the line can keep him upright, I love John Brown and Michael Floyd as targets. But I don't see double-digit wins for the Cards again this season. Saints in the upset.

Detroit at San Diego (-3) - I have to give credit to Jim Caldwell and Teryl Austin for getting the defensive unit turned around so quickly in Detroit. This season, they lose Donkey Kong Suh and bring in Haloti Ngata, a good player in his own right but not the game-changer that Suh is and he's not 100% to start the year. Offensively they still revolve around Calvin Johnson, and he needs to reassert himself as the reliable target he was before missing three games and essentially being a decoy for two more in 2014. The Chargers just have BG's favorite rubber-faced quarterback Philip Rivers a four-year, $65 million guaranteed contract. Well, that's great, but who else do they have again? Antonio Gates is out for the first four games, serving a suspension for PEDs. Ryan Mathews is gone, and rookie Melvin Gordon takes over as the feature back. Keenan Allen had a rocky sophomore season, so who knows what kind of production you'll see from him. And the defense is lacking in playmakers. There's just not a lot I like about San Diego right now. Lions in the upset.

4:25pm EDT, CBS

Tennessee at Tampa Bay (-3) - Ah yes, the week 1 Toilet Bowl. Oregon rookie Marcus Mariota should grow under the watchful eye of Ken Whisenhunt, but I don't see many immediate returns with the likes of Bishop Sankey, Dexter McCluster, Kendall Wright, and Justin Hunter as his weapons. They could be intriguing on defense, with Dick LeBeau and Ray Horton overseeing a unit that added Brian Orakpo in the off-season. Tampa's defense could also be quite good, with stars Lavonte David, Gerarld McCoy, and Alterraun Verner needing to lead the group. And even though I'm not a huge fan of Jameis Winston, he has plenty of talent around him on offense. The problem will could be the offensive line, as the Bucs plan to start rookies at left tackle and right guard. I'd avoid this game for betting purposes (unless there's an O/U on combined turnovers) but I guess I'll take the Bucs to win and cover.

Cincinnati at Oakland (+3.5) - Another season, another playoff collapse, another season lost to injury and Marvin Lewis. Such is life around the Cincinnati Bengals. They have one of the most talented rosters in the league, but God only knows if they'll ever make an AFC title game this decade. Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard give them one of the best one-two backfield punches, and Tyler Eifert should be ready to establish himself as a great receiving tight end. They also brought in AJ Hawk and Michael Johnson on defense, and field one of the better secondaries in the league. And don't forget Geno Atkins, who is still looking to regain his 2012 form. As the ghost of Al Davis fades into oblivion, the Raiders are making smarter and smarter choices. For an offense starved of big plays, they draft Amari Cooper, who I've seen a lot of film on and looks like the second coming of Antonio Brown to me. They also bring in Michael Crabtree, who may or may not be good at football, I don't really remember anything he's done other than getting yelled at by Richard Sherman. The Raiders will still be bad, but I think it's more of a 6-10 bad than a 3-13 bad. Baby steps. Bengals win and cover.

Baltimore at Denver (-4.5) - IS JOE FLACCO AN ELITE QUARTERBACK!?!? I'm not saying we'll find out this season, but we will see Joey Flaxxx without last year's offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak and top deep threat Torrey Smith. Steve Smith Senior can still get it done, and by get it done I mean talk some trash and cheapshot some mofos. Other than that, there aren't a lot of reliable targets at wideout. I still think they survive on their defense, and bringing in Kendrick Lewis and Kyle Arrington should help. Okay, raise your hand if you thought John Fox was the glue holding Denver together? Anyone? No? Kubiak didn't take long to get another head coaching gig, and his more methodical plan should help mitigate any velocity lost on Peyton Manning's fastball these days. CJ Anderson is now the man, and if a rebuilt offensive line can block for him, Manning in play action will be deadly. Another Baltimore transplant, Owen Daniels, won't put up Orange Julius-type numbers but will help the team a ton, and there's no reason to think my boy Demaryius Thomas doesn't keep up his production. The defense shouldn't miss a step either, that front seven with Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware flying around is terrifying. Is it fair to call Denver a post-hype sleeper? I think Peyton gets one more ring. Broncos win, Ravens with the points.

NY Giants at Dallas (-6) - Tom Coughlin is still alive? Wow, way to hang in there, pops. I like what they did in the draft with Ereck Flowers and Landon Collins, and also bringing in scatback Shane Vereen. Flowers will be thrown to the wolves as a starter after Will Beatty's injury, so hopefully he'll get decisive, quick-release Eli and not hold-ball-until-sacked, shoulder-shruggin' Eli. Can we take bets as to when Sean Lee will suffer another season-ending injury? I got week 3 against Atlanta. Dallas is number 6 in ESPN's preseason power rankings, because they lost the top rusher in the league and replaced him with Darren McFadden...? Okay, ESPN. Rod Marinelli worked some kind of voodoo magic last year to have his unit play as well as it did, and he'll need more rum for Jobu if he wants a repeat performance after losing Orlando Scandrick for the year. Still, with Romo, Dez, and that offensive line doing its thing, the Cowboys should just fine here. But I don't think the gap between Philly, Dallas, and New York is all that big, and nine wins could take the division. The NFC East might suck, but it's always interesting! Thanks for all the prime time games, NFL! Cowboys win, Giants with the points.

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH

6:55pm EDT, ESPN

Philadelphia at Atlanta (+3) - Third-year head coach and Skip Bayless's least favorite person of the moment Chip Kelly has a pretty good thing going in Philly. I thought he'd turn the Eagles into Eugene East, but when faced with a need for a starting quarterback he went and got a Big XII alum with zero knees in Slingin' Sammy Bradford. So much for the read option. And by dumping LeSean McCoy and picking up DeMarco Murray, the offense will probably be even more lethal. As for the defense, a lot depends on how Kiko Alonso recovers from his 2014 season-ending injury and how much of Byron Maxwell's success was Pete Carroll's doing. In Atlanta, Matt Ryan is doing the best impression of Mike Mussina on a football field I've ever seeen. What's it like to be a very, very good player in an era of greats? Ryan might not be in the echelon of Brady, Rodgers, Manning, and Brees, but he hasn't exactly had a head coach or a defense to help him out either. Both of those things could be remedied by Dan Quinn, Seattle's old defensive coordinator and Stone Cold Steve Austin cosplayer. This should be a rebuilding year for Atlanta, but all I care about is Matty2Points droppin' bombs to JULIO. Eagles win and cover.

10:15pm EDT, ESPN

Minnesota at San Francisco (+2.5) - I was definitely rooting for the Vikings at the end of last season, marching on with a likable rookie quarterback and without their child-beating star. But now Adrian Deterson, or "AP" as his friends call him, is back in purple and gold. Hopefully he's left his switch-wielding days behind him and can simply focus on helping Teddy Throwsevelt improve in his first full year as starter. And Mike Zimmer earned his chops as a defensive guy, so hopefully the unit will improve, especially in the secondary where Terence Newman and rookie Trae Waynes should help. This off-season's sob story was the San Francisco 49ers, who went from perennial NFC favorite to musical chairs punchline in a Goddamn hurry. I guess losing Chris Borland, Patrick Willis, and Smiths Aldon and Justin will do that to a team, not to mention Frank Gore and Michael Crabtree. Well, at least Phil Dawson is still in town, right? The '9ers dissolved faster than even the Redskins, and while I delight in the intentional buffoonery in DC, San Fran's collapse has just been, well, sad. I have no love for Jim Harbaugh or the DeBartolos/Yorks, but this must be absolute Hell on their fans... hey, wait a minute... three World Series rings in five years? Fuck off, San Francisco, Madison Bumgarner should be illegal and so should every fucking stupid "social media expert" that crawls out of your region. I actually think Carlos Hyde and whatever combination of letters, numbers, and hashtags Colin Kaepernick is calling himself these days will find a groove at some point in the season. But it'll take a few weeks of shit to sort it out. Vikings win and cover.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

SO GLAD FOOTBALL IS HERE!

FUCK TOM AND DALS

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

AFC East: Miami
    AFC North: Pittsburgh
    AFC West: Denver
    Wild Cards: New England, Baltimore

NFC East: Philadelphia
    NFC South: New Orleans
    Wild Cards: Dallas, Arizona

AFC Championship: Indianapolis over Denver
    NFC Championship: Green Bay over Seattle

Very quick 1-2 sentence game synopsis

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH

Pittsburgh at New England (-7) - I think NE goes into this game distracted. In trying to prove worth after damning ESPN and SI stories this week, Bill tries to do too much, and Pitt escapes with an upset at THE RAZOR.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH

1:00pm EDT, CBS

Cleveland at NY Jets (-3) - I think the Jets are just a bad football team this year. Not buying the Revis/Cromartie reunion making this a top 10 defense. Cleveland with the upset.

Kansas City at Houston (-1) - Houston is terrible at QB, KC should be improved and may actually get production from a WR this season.

Indianapolis at Buffalo (+2.5) - Not all in on the Buffalo hype train either. I will have to see a good four games of Tyrod before I buy into this team.

Miami at Washington (+4) - Choo Choo motherfuckers, I'm understandably all in on Tannehill this season. Improved defense, improved weapons on offense. If Tannehill doesn't spend 75% of his time on his ass, this team will win the division.

1:00pm EDT, FOX

Green Bay at Chicago (+6.5) - I'm pretty sure the Chicago secondary is composed of ultimate frisbee players that made their way onto an NFL roster. Antrel Rolle ain't saving that train wreck.

Carolina at Jacksonville (+3) - I don't hate Jacksonville and the defense is quietly solid. They should chase Cam around that shit O-line all day.

Seattle at St. Louis (+4) - Does Chancellor find a way to make it on the field and does it really matter? For this game, nah.

4:05pm EDT, FOX

New Orleans at Arizona (-2.5) - I'm almost ready to slot Arizona into a win here but I think the Saints come out with something to prove and peel off a small upset.

Detroit at San Diego (-3) - I think this is a bit of a battle between two teams going no where. I'll take the home team because they're at home.

4:25pm EDT, CBS

Tennessee at Tampa Bay (-3) - I've seen Jameis shit the bed against good college defenses. I can't imagine him fairing well against NFL defenses. Not buy him, him at #1 overall, or Tampa Bay. Give me Mariota.

Cincinnati at Oakland (+3.5) - Another team I'm probably slightly higher on this season is Oakland. I don't know why, but I know I hate me some Andy Dalton.

Baltimore at Denver (-4.5) - I just don't know where the Baltimore offense is going to come from this year to be a viable team. Perriman not on the field right? Steve Smith Sr can carry the receiving for a few games, but the man is old. Supposedly his last season, maybe he goes out with a bang and proves me wrong.

NY Giants at Dallas (-6) - I'll reluctantly take Dallas to win this game, as I don't know how primetime Romo is going to fare. I hope it isn't close in the 4th quarter.

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH

6:55pm EDT, ESPN

Philadelphia at Atlanta (+3) - All in on this Philly train too. I'm almost up to putting them over Seattle in the NFC championship game. I think Bradford explodes (not his knee or shoulder) this season. I think this game may for for over 70 points total. JULIO may score 200 fantasy points trying to carry the offense keeping up with philly.

10:15pm EDT, ESPN

Minnesota at San Francisco (+2.5) - This spread is just sad. How far the niners have fallen. TEDDY.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Predictions!

Wild Cards: Denver, Miami

Wild Cards: Philadelphia, New Orleans

NFC Championship: Green Bay over Dallas
    I got…
    AFC East- New England
    AFC West- Chiefs or Chargers (who gives a fuck, really?)
    AFC North- Baltimore
    AFC South- Colts
    Wildcards- Denver, Buffalo.

NFC East- Eagles #1 seed
    NFC West- Arizona
    NFC South- Saints, but who cares.
    NFC North- Packers
    Wildcards- Seahawks, Dallas

AFC Championship- New England over Indianapolis in a fucking rout
    NFC Championship- Eagles over Packers

Superbowl.
    SCANDAL BREAKS

Gronk's cleats found to be 1/10th an inch too long.

#Cleatgate.

Using the cheating, cheating cheatriot cleats, the Patriots are able to make super human cuts, giving them a competitive advantage. Stats arise from Shannon Sharpe's Facebook page, detailing the Patriots long history of success with YAC, proving on the twittisphere that all of the Patriots superbowls are the result of magic shoes. America demands New England vacate all their titles and be brought before the Senate.

10 months later, it's established that the cleats were supplied by the NFL, and the story fades away with a pathetic whimper, but not before further cementing the Patriots pattern of felon like behavior.

In the meantime, Patriots poison Bradford's chunky soup at halftime and go on to defeat the Eagles for their 5th Lombardi trophy at Superbowl 50.

Tom ascends to Sainthood.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Just noticed I took only 5 home teams opening week, and 3 of them are Oakland, Jacksonville, and Dallas. This is not going to end well.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    AFC East: Miami
    Pittsburgh at New England (-7) - I think NE goes into this game distracted. In trying to prove worth after damning ESPN and SI stories this week, Bill tries to do too much, and Pitt escapes with an upset at THE RAZOR.
    AFC Championship: Indianapolis over Denver
    NFC Championship: Green Bay over Seattle

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just noticed I took only 5 home teams opening week, and 3 of them are Oakland, Jacksonville, and Dallas. This is not going to end well.
    This post made me wake up my family laughing. Thank you.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Niggas really have faith in a chip Kelly roster with close to if not the most turnover in the league. I don't buy it until 4 games into the season. Respect for picking Lee as cbpoty. But don't put that week 3 voodoo on me

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tagging for later.

Also, FOOTBALL

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

AFC North: Baltimore
    Wild Cards: Denver, Pittsburgh

NFC East: Philadelphia

AFC Championship: Indianapolis over New England (now with the right size balls)
    NFC Championship: Seattle over Green Bay
    Super Bowl Champ: Indianapolis

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Football is back finally !

Fuck Tom !

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

AFC North: Baltimore
    AFC West: Chargers
    Wild Cards: Denver, Bills

Wild Cards: Falclols, Arizona

AFC Championship: Chahgahs over New England
    NFC Championship: GB over Cowboys
    Super Bowl Champ: GB

NFC seems a lot weaker this year compared to AFC.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Wasnt GB the bg favorite last year?

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    Niggas really have faith in a chip Kelly roster with close to if not the most turnover in the league. I don't buy it until 4 games into the season.
    Hate to agree with Leroy, but I agree with Leroy. Went with the Falcons week 1.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Wasnt GB the bg favorite last year?
    Why wouldn't the be. Archie makes compelling arguments day in and day out.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

AFC West: Denver
    Wild Cards: KC, Pittsburgh

NFC East: Dram Tram
    NFC South: New Orleans

NFC Championship: Seattle over Dallas
    Super Bowl Champ: 5 Time, 5 Time, 5 Time, 5 Time, 5 Time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots

Coach: Chip Kelly
    Comeback POY: Eric Berry
    Offensive POY: Antonio Brown
    Defensive POY: JJ Watt
    Offensive ROY: Amari Cooper
    Defensive ROY: Vic Beasley
    NFL MVP: Andrew Luck

Coaches Fired: Jay Gruden, Marvin Lewis, Joe Philbin

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Who's Rodgers' main receiver now?