Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Rampant xenophobia lol when will it be ok to hate and bash people who are literally moving the human race backwards

The time for religious fanatic tolerance is long over

User was infracted for this post.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Rampant xenophobia lol when will it be ok to hate and bash people who are literally moving the human race backwards

The time for religious fanatic tolerance is long over
    The problem becomes when an entire subset of people, in this case approximately 1.7 billion Muslims, are all treated as if they're to blame for this. Few people are opposed to snuffing out the people responsible, the supporters of terrorism, etc., but acting like all of the Muslims, even the ones here in the States, are in any way responsible or more likely to be dangerous is a terrible mindset that leaves us much more divided as people than anything else.

I am not saying that you are saying this necessarily, but plenty of people are, and I'm rather tired of people wanting to eradicate some "Muslim threat." Muslims as a whole are not a threat to peace.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    The problem becomes when an entire subset of people, in this case approximately 1.7 billion Muslims, are all treated as if they're to blame for this. Few people are opposed to snuffing out the people responsible, the supporters of terrorism, etc., but acting like all of the Muslims, even the ones here in the States, are in any way responsible or more likely to be dangerous is a terrible mindset that leaves us much more divided as people than anything else.

I am not saying that you are saying this necessarily, but plenty of people are, and I'm rather tired of people wanting to eradicate some "Muslim threat." Muslims as a whole are not a threat to peace.
    Peaceful Islam is a misnomer. The followers aren't to blame, but the religion is to blame. It's a terrible religion in need of a Renaissance that we simply don't have time to allow to happen organically as it did with Christianity.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    Peaceful Islam is a misnomer. The followers aren't to blame, but the religion is to blame. It's a terrible religion in need of a Renaissance that we simply don't have time to allow to happen organically as it did with Christianity.
    Really? Because 1.7 billion Muslims who don't enact violence on a regular basis seems to beg to differ. I really don't want to argue this, but making such a gross generalization is quite unfair.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    Yeah its real easy for "peaceful muslims" to say THEY ARENT FOLLOWING THE ALLAH I KNOW, maybe not but they are following their interpretation of the muslim faith for political/monetary gain and its really ignorant to overlook that

and to amend I dont just dislike all muslims, I dislike all religious people and the fanatical ones even more

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Really? Because 1.7 billion Muslims who don't enact violence on a regular basis seems to beg to differ. I really don't want to argue this, but making such a gross generalization is quite unfair.
    Just because most of them have decided to shun the worst parts doesn't change the fact that the ideology can still be poisonous. Jesus was a hippie. Mohammed was a warlord whose teachings say that you should force Islam onto the world. Obama can call it extremism as much as he wants, sadly ISIS and co.'s interpretation of the teachings aren't necessarily made up.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I dislike all religious people
    No you don't

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    No you don't
    anyone subscribing to modern organized religion*

is that better

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So do you hate the religion or the people?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You realize that proportionally what you call a few people out of 1.7 billion is literally "few" hundred thousand (if not more), right? That's not two guys sitting in a cave planning how to egg Uncle Sam's house. That's an army ready and willing to do anything and everything to burn Uncle Sam's house to the ground.

What I am appalled with, is the lack of action from the "good" Muslims you are so eager to defend. Denouncing horrific actions on social media is like blowing smoke up a donkey's ass. Pointless and dumb. Deradicalization, if that's even a word, must occur in their own Mosques and schools, of which I have NEVER heard of, on the news or from people I know.

There's definitely an identifiable pattern of behavior. I don't know why we can't just point at the thing informing said behavior and say "that's the root of the issue and we should probably do something to address it."

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

100,000 of 1 billion is still 0.1%, which is still an extremely small proportion of Muslims. So if you have a "few" hundred thousand, then you've got what, 0.3% of Muslims on the planet who are willing to be terrorists?

Oh, okay. Because I could see if it were getting into the 30, 40, 50 millions then it might be some sort of cause for concern about all Muslims, but it's actually not.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Just because most of them have decided to shun the worst parts doesn't change the fact that the ideology can still be poisonous. Jesus was a hippie. Mohammed was a warlord whose teachings say that you should force Islam onto the world. Obama can call it extremism as much as he wants, sadly ISIS and co.'s interpretation of the teachings aren't necessarily made up.
    Pretty much. Christianity obviously has a history of 'convert or die' type hegemony, however it's basis in the religious text is questionable at best. Islam's problem is that it's not really questionable, rather it's almost stipulated.

The theocratic ideals in Islam are far more scary to me then the 'extremist' that pop up every few years and kill a bunch of people. The things happening in Europe right now with "peaceful" Muslims is terrifying. Large portions of the quran/hadith need to be removed and/or reexplained in an historical context, they literally need a "New Testament".

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

anyone subscribing to modern organized religion*

is that better
    Doesn't make it less of a lie.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

100,000 of 1 billion is still 0.1%, which is still an extremely small proportion of Muslims. So if you have a "few" hundred thousand, then you've got what, 0.3% of Muslims on the planet who are willing to be terrorists?

Oh, okay. Because I could see if it were getting into the 30, 40, 50 millions then it might be some sort of cause for concern about all Muslims, but it's actually not.
    I don't see 99.9% of "good" muslims rallying and marching against extremism. All religions are an archaic notions that should NOT be dictating anything in 21st Century.

BG Level

Pew/gallup polls have got muslims coming in at as high as 40% for things like apostasy (killing for leaving religion), stoning gays, shiraya law world-wide, etc in the countries of moderate islam like Malaysia and Turkey. Can't even get polls like that to conduct research in places like saudi arabia where it will likely be 90%+

The very best examples of countries with moderate islam have large swaths of people who do not condemn the actions of these "few extremists" and most of that large swath will even support them.

So, it's actually well past the tens of millions of people that are keeping this sort of thing alive in 2015. Even if we're speaking extremely conservatively. Not conservatively, it's in the hundreds of millions.

What sucks about the situation is only muslims can fix the situation because of how islam sees outsiders. Any war plan that doesn't include glassing everyone just strengthens the cause. And that's obviously out of the question. So the only real hope is that muslims have a cultural revolution of sorts, but the chance of that is pretty slim as well considering what large sections of islam believers believe.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

something something Brigitte Gabriels "the peaceful majority were irrelevant"

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Doesn't make it less of a lie.
    are you saying I only dont like muslims? lol

"I really wish all muslims would denounce these terrr actions!"

http://media.giphy.com/media/TlK63Ew...RRHq/giphy.gif

Guys, don't mention Christian terrorists, they are not the samelol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think people here are saying that denouncing something as bad is not enough, so try to find another gif where they're doing something about it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast