+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Bomb Syria some more, duh.

Why is it that only our shitty religions like Mormonism, Catholicism, and Christianity can evolve their Sky God doctrine, but Islam text can only be followed to the letter and never adapt? "Their text is inherently more violent" is biggest load of bullshit ever sold in the last century.

User was infracted for this post.

Let's put it this way. Syria is a war zone. Iraq. Yemen. Palestine is in a perpetual siege mentality. Lebanon's still getting BTFO with suicide bombings. And there's Afghanistan/Pakistan too, of course.

And yet, the majority of the forces applying force to the area are...not Muslim. It literally cannot be solved by outside forces that don't share any real common ground, yet that's the people bombing and drone-missileing the shit out of the whole area.

The only "solution" that would work using the West at this point is genocidal, and since it doesn't happen...we need to lock them in, take away any toys from the outside we've been handing them, and when they're done being tribalistic little fucks, maybe we can start being civilized people again. Or they'll fail at living. Either works for humanity as a whole, especially when sticking our hands into this nest of vipers gets us 9/11 and now Paris. No more refugees, no more boots on the ground, just cut any official contact with the countries in question until they get the endless lust for killing out of their systems and work shit out.

We can't do it for them.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    Why is it that only our shitty religions like Mormonism, Catholicism, and Christianity can evolve their Sky God doctrine, but Islam text can only be followed to the letter and never adapt? "Their text is inherently more violent" is biggest load of bullshit ever sold in the last century.
    I don't know, I'd love for Islam to evolve beyond where it is now. But have you read the Quran?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

hey kyreth bro check the facts, theres only enough radical muslims to fill 1/3 of the orange bowl with suicide vests

we need to completely evacuate the subcontinent

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Do you ever fucking bother to read anything you spew? Have you ever read the quran?

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Do you ever fucking bother to read anything you spew? Have you ever read the quran?
    Have you ever read the bible or do you have some kind of running tally board of all the shitty things said in each text that could be used as an excuse to slaughter innocents? If you do have that, I'd like to see it, I'm in the mood for some stat-crunching while I wait for Sunday's fantasy football kickoff.

Allahu Akbar, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    hey kyreth bro check the facts, theres only enough radical muslims to fill 1/3 of the orange bowl with suicide vests

we need to completely evacuate the subcontinent
    And yet, that is enough people to herd millions of refugees over the borders and into Europe. People who really aren't going to go back. There's nothing there, Europe is accepting them, and there's plenty of opportunity.

It's a win-win situation for ISIS. Militant Islam is capable of holding influence over a far larger moderate population, and driving large numbers of people to settle into Europe means lots of moderate Muslims changing the population balance and hence influencing Europe. Europe is democratic. What happens when the refugee population ends up naturalized and hence gets to vote and becomes a set-in-place part of the European landscape? Small numbers of immigrants are generally assimilated into a culture, but when you get past a certain point (and they're passing it easily now), there's more than enough people to maintain their own cultural identity and propagate it. They don't have to blow up all the filthy infidels. They just have to move normal, ordinary Muslims into nations already struggling with low repopulation rates and expand naturally from there, whereupon the resulting population in a few generations is much more malleable for what radical Islam desires and the "right people" have a much greater share of the resources they feel Islam deserves.

You're right- endless shooting/bombing stuff won't cause change, but using "excess population" to eventually dilute the undesirables (that is, Westerners) will.

I'm glad to see someone mentioned the pew research done on Muslims beliefs around the world regarding apostasy/shariah law. It was somewhere around 40% of the whole 1.6 billion believe in objectively barbaric things. If that doesn't scare the shit out of you, you've been duped by the SJW-laden liberal "religion of peace" blathering.

Why should the white man be worried? The majority of victims of ISIS and terrorist attacks are Muslim.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The problem is we don't have centuries for Islam to get its shit together. Islam eventually will get to a point where they dial down their religious fervor. You only need to see many Muslims in the West play the same buffet table bullshit that Christians do HOWEVER... that could be 200-300 years down the road. Ask yourself how long it took Catholics to become a 'religion of peace'.

Psst, they were supporting Nazis against Jews not even a lifetime ago.

Islamic decentralization, western destabilization and the fundamental book in need of an update (or at least a re-imagining) is in desperate need. You do yourself no favors to call a book perfect written before entire continents were 'discovered'.

People can play the religion of peace card all they want but there comes a point where either you hold down the fort for your religion or risk usurpers taking the fundamental definition of what you believe and projecting it into the minds of others.

Islam does not have a good connotation right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    The problem is we don't have centuries for Islam to get its shit together. Islam eventually will get to a point where they dial down their religious fervor. You only need to see many Muslims in the West play the same buffet table bullshit that Christians do HOWEVER... that could be 200-300 years down the road. Ask yourself how long it took Catholics to become a 'religion of peace'.

Psst, they were supporting Nazis against Jews not even a lifetime ago.

Islamic decentralization, western destabilization and the fundamental book in need of an update (or at least a re-imagining) is in desperate need. You do yourself no favors to call a book perfect written before entire continents were 'discovered'.

People can play the religion of peace card all they want but there comes a point where either you hold down the fort for your religion or risk usurpers taking the fundamental definition of what you believe and projecting it into the minds of others.

Islam does not have a good connotation right now.
    I agree with most of this, however, there are more people out there killing indirectly and directly in the name of God than the name of Mohammad.

BG Level

Have you ever read the bible or do you have some kind of running tally board of all the shitty things said in each text that could be used as an excuse to slaughter innocents? If you do have that, I'd like to see it, I'm in the mood for some stat-crunching while I wait for Sunday's fantasy football kickoff.

Allahu Akbar, yo.
    This argument's been played out a lot already. Like you've said, the other abrahamic religions have evolved and added things like love your neighbor, harmony, peace, etc etc. Before that, they were all pretty much full of evil things. Islam never did that, and THAT is why it's more evil and violent than the rest. It isn't just about "how many evil things are there" because the bible has a ton of stuff that muddles the evil/violence stuff. Particularly the new testament. It's really easy for christians/catholics to justify living in harmony with other religions because jesus said so.

It's harder for people of islam to do that because muhammad didn't say that, he said to kill those people. Actually, that's not fair, he said they can live in harmony so long as they pay their dues or are slaves.

No other religious text is like that. Islam has no room for living with other religions unless they're in an occupied territory.
    I agree with most of this, however, there are more people out there killing indirectly and directly in the name of God than the name of Mohammad.
    Because nobody actually kills for muhammad; he was a prophet.. so everything he said was the word of god. If someone kills for muhammad, they kill for god.

User was infracted for this post.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Here's a brown Muslim lady talking about it

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You can denounce something all you want but until that translates to action, groups like ISIS have the momentum and thus the public perception of what Islam is.

I hate hearing the 1.7 billion number thrown around because it's a useless figure. That group isn't a monolith and they certainly all aren't going to rise up to uproot the minority.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

How does that help you if you're Muslim? Or if you're a Westerner? Western views on Islam are in the toilet, propped up by tolerance that seems on knife's edge with every terror attack.

Of course there are good Muslims but you only need public *perception* to deteriorate for really dark stuff to happen. And that's what I'm worried about. A complete collapse of reason and fear/loathing/genocide to run amok. I'm not Muslim but fuck if I'd let some small minority drag me into the abyss with them. The time to make noise is now.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Really? Because 1.7 billion Muslims who don't enact violence on a regular basis seems to beg to differ. I really don't want to argue this, but making such a gross generalization is quite unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    I don't see 99.9% of "good" muslims rallying and marching against extremism. All religions are an archaic notions that should NOT be dictating anything in 21st Century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Pew/gallup polls have got muslims coming in at as high as 40% for things like apostasy (killing for leaving religion), stoning gays, shiraya law world-wide, etc in the countries of moderate islam like Malaysia and Turkey. Can't even get polls like that to conduct research in places like saudi arabia where it will likely be 90%+

The very best examples of countries with moderate islam have large swaths of people who do not condemn the actions of these "few extremists" and most of that large swath will even support them.

So, it's actually well past the tens of millions of people that are keeping this sort of thing alive in 2015. Even if we're speaking extremely conservatively. Not conservatively, it's in the hundreds of millions.
    tl;dw the number of what you would count as being 'radicalized' is closer to 680-800M muslims.

The belief that anything but non practicing secular muslims integrate well with western democracies is going to lead to a whole lot more unrest and killing of innocents.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    ISIS claims responsibility and calls it a declaration of war. France is also calling this an act of war, and if that's the case then they can invoke article 5. All of NATO is going to be obligated to jump in on this.

We going to war boys.
    Related somewhat.

Radical Muslims that have the power were either installed by us or are our full-on allies, reaping the weapons and perks that come with it. The rest of the Muslim population can only pray and offer continuous decries of violence. That is the real reason why nothing changes. The West and our crazy fucking allies in the UAE do not stand to benefit from any change in doctrine.

Even something as basic as "uprooting" the drug warlords in Iraq would throw the balance off for extremists in the whole region. We have funded, fed, and armed this united group of terrorists which now have a flag and brand to operate under. This is no accident.

Why should the white man be worried? The majority of victims of ISIS and terrorist attacks are Muslim.
    It actually reminds me of an old Western (as in cowboys) movie trope.

The hero would have a bunch of bad guys outgunning him, so in a fit of inspiration, he spooks a huge herd of cattle to trample the lot, and rides in with them covering him. Then he shoots the distracted bad guys, saving the day.

ISIS is the cowboy, the refugees are the cattle, and Paris just got shot- and nothing about it is good. But it worked.

Also, quit posting toxic neocon bullshit on here, dude. It's really getting old. I thought we went over this the last time you were called out for peddling Blaze/Breitbart rag articles?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast