FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Had a nice bug earlier on iOS... apparently I had some sort of login issue that would not go away for like an hour or so... checked with another person (using the NA version, because JP were having no issues at all with pokemon go) and they were logging in fine also.

I had to shut off my phone (all the way off) and turn it back on to login apparently, just forcibly closing the program and restarting it didn't fix the issue... kind of annoying, then again it was randomly raining today when it wasn't supposed to be raining, so not too bad I guess.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Did the removal of the tracking kill poke vision? RIP game

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I really don't understand the people who don't want to play the game anymore if they can't find out exactly where every pokemon is by cheating. The game is completely centered around exploration and adventure...as if you were on a real Pokemon journey. That's the big draw of the game, more than the collecting and the battling, it's all about "what could be around the next corner"? (and if you live in the desert like I do, "why is that giant ball of fire melting my flesh?")

I might not be catching Charizards every day but when that one popped along the road today I was ecstatic to chance upon something so rare, so unexpectedly. The scanners are really helpful, that much is true, but they do facilitate taking the game from its organic state and making it more clinical and more like just any other phone game.

As someone who absolutely loves the things Pogo has done to the community, it makes me sad to see that mentality floating around.

Protip if you have android there are plenty of scanner apps that still work, iOS might be SOL for now though.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Well, math wise, a new spawn has 12-14 minutes before it despawns. When it spawns, it can be, I believe anywhere from 0 Meters to 250(300? Whats the cap?) meters away in ANY direction. Without any sort of guidance. Tracker sites or game. It'll take more than the 12-14 minutes to search for it.

I'm not saying I'm quitting. Just that its super annoying.

Actually, fuck. If the game itself had visual ques for pokemon on the radar list. Then it would be doable. Can't find that Dratini? Well, that bit of leaves in the game keeps having a tip of a blue tail pop out

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Well it turns a geocache/treasure hunt into a point and click simulator. I think it's pretty obvious it'd lead people to get bored.

PokemonGO, not PokemonGOsitonyourcouch you lazy fucks.
    Player numbers started declining the day after 3-step bug appeared, which is why I'm sure they'll blame tracking sites for it as a few days after that, various tracking sites started appearing.¨

And GPS spoofing is NOT the same as tracking websites. Tracking websites fixes an intended function that is currently broken. GPS spoofing is plain cheating. I don't mind tracking websites, GPS spoofing on the other hand ruins the game for everyone. Just look at what happened in China, where GPS spoofers went around taking over all of the gyms in Japan with lvl 30-35+ Dragonites.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Player numbers started declining the day after 3-step bug appeared, which is why I'm sure they'll blame tracking sites for it as a few days after that, various tracking sites started appearing.
    This doesn't make any sense.

Decline was bound to happen, it's a fad. 3 step bug probably has little to do with it. People who weren't all that interested in Pokemon in the first place just quit playing because they were seeing what the hubbub was about. Hell, even my dad downloaded the game, but I assure you he only played for less than an hour so far.

But if you're saying not being able to track in the game = player decline, then how the heck would being able to track through sites and apps = player decline as well? If the perceived problem is 'not being able to track pokemon', then through what logic would finding a way to track pokemon not be a fix (albeit a temporary, unofficial one) to that problem?

Niantic doesn't like tracking sites/apps. They've said so. It will eventually cut into their wristband profits if the apps still function when the merch is released, because why pay for a function you can get for free? But I highly doubt they will attempt to equate being able to track pokemon to a decline in players. Villify it as cheating, yes (because it is). Blame it for loss of players, no. And everyone who calls the tracking going down a "bug" is essentially wrong too, they (90% sure) turned it off on purpose to deal with server strain, but unfortunately never replaced it with anything better. It's not something that broke that they didn't bother to fix though. They purposefully broke it themselves so people could log in, and then everyone started crying. Can't please anyone these days.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    This doesn't make any sense.

Decline was bound to happen, it's a fad. 3 step bug probably has little to do with it. People who weren't all that interested in Pokemon in the first place just quit playing because they were seeing what the hubbub was about. Hell, even my dad downloaded the game, but I assure you he only played for less than an hour so far.

But if you're saying not being able to track in the game = player decline, then how the heck would being able to track through sites and apps = player decline as well? If the perceived problem is 'not being able to track pokemon', then through what logic would finding a way to track pokemon not be a fix (albeit a temporary, unofficial one) to that problem?
    I'm not saying tracking sites = decline in players. I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if in Niantic's eyes, trackking sites = decline in players because that's around the time it started happening. So statistically there is a correlation, albeit not the right one to make.

Niantic doesn't like tracking sites/apps. They've said so. It will eventually cut into their wristband profits if the apps still function when the merch is released, because why pay for a function you can get for free? But I highly doubt they will attempt to equate being able to track pokemon to a decline in players. Villify it as cheating, yes (because it is). Blame it for loss of players, no. And everyone who calls the tracking going down a "bug" is essentially wrong too, they (90% sure) turned it off on purpose to deal with server strain, but unfortunately never replaced it with anything better. It's not something that broke that they didn't bother to fix though. They purposefully broke it themselves so people could log in, and then everyone started crying. Can't please anyone these days.
    I'm 100% sure that it was intentional, yes, but it's essentially because they created the bug themselves as the cause of it is the same as not being able to watch where you caught a pokémon by using a nonexistant google API code. The REASON they had to disable it though is because Niantic have the server make all distance calculations to pokémon and returning it to the client -- which is a huge strain on the servers as it does it once every second or more -- instead of having the client perform the calculation based on information it is already provided by the server. Anyone with a computer science degree could fix the issue in a day or less, but I'm guessing Niantic is stubborn and prefer to keep everything server-side due to a trust issue -- even though the calculation can easily be done client-side even as it is, which is why tracking websites exist in the first place.

I'm guessing 90% of the server load could be removed by enabling caching so client don't have to redownload pokéstop/gym information every time the client clicks on one, and by moving calculations client-side.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Hey guys. We wish we had some news for you

At this moment, we are respecting Niantic and Nintendo's wishes.

Will keep you guys posted

<3

From pokevision

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

You guys must be new to Niantic. lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I really don't understand the people who don't want to play the game anymore if they can't find out exactly where every pokemon is by cheating. The game is completely centered around exploration and adventure...as if you were on a real Pokemon journey. That's the big draw of the game, more than the collecting and the battling, it's all about "what could be around the next corner"? (and if you live in the desert like I do, "why is that giant ball of fire melting my flesh?")

I might not be catching Charizards every day but when that one popped along the road today I was ecstatic to chance upon something so rare, so unexpectedly. The scanners are really helpful, that much is true, but they do facilitate taking the game from its organic state and making it more clinical and more like just any other phone game.

As someone who absolutely loves the things Pogo has done to the community, it makes me sad to see that mentality floating around.

Protip if you have android there are plenty of scanner apps that still work, iOS might be SOL for now though.
    Be cause there is no way to track pokemon at all. In game tracker is and always has been broken, It seems to actually show you a list of pokemon that have recently despawned. Sites like Pokevision made the game playable and showed a lot of us how shitty the areas we live in are for finding pokemon.

I have very few spawns near me and they are mostly standard garbage. Other areas that have tons of spawns and variety in pokemon will be fine, but where I live sucks playing blind.

I hope people stop playing and definitely stop paying for things in this game. The only things I really bought was inventory space and a few incubators. The prices for Incubators are a rip off, especially since you only get 3 uses and mostly shitty 2km eggs.

This game has more negative things going for it than positive. They are skull fucking this game pretty good. The game's initial luster is definitely wearing off, these changes will make it worse and cause more people(especially casuals) to quit.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Without using PokeVision, and trying to rely soley on the in game broken radar/tracking, it is almost impossible to find a Pokemon in the "nearby" list. Hell, some don't even show up on it and just pop.

I had two Growlithe shadows pop up in Neb City earlier in the week. PokeVision was down (my post a few pages back). I decided to try and hoof it and find them on my own. I got one to the first position on the nearby list, then started walking into star points from there. If it went down, I went back to where it was the first again. I did this over and over and over and never found it. No matter where I went it just got further away. I restarted the game because of the ghosting thing, and both had despawned. I couldn't find EITHER of them before they despawned. This is why I used PokeVision to hone in on their locations.

I've tried following the "pulsing" when single targeting something in the nearby list. It doesn't work. It pulses no matter which direction I head because my character randomly spins and it's misleading as hell.

I'll still play... but I will continue to get pissed about not being able to find things on my radar. I'm a sucker for self inflicted pain I guess?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

The thing about the nearby list is that its backwards, you cant really even tell which one is first.

On the main screen, you can have Abra Bellsprout Cubone.
    But when you click on the nearby list and expand it, it will have Cubone Bellsprout Abra, then the rest.
    So that part is fucked, along with it not even being accurate with what is actually there.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Since my neighborhood and everything within ~2km of my house is nothing but Pidgeys, Rattatas and Weedles, I was using Vision just to figure out where I was going to go walk around for an hour or two after work most nights. Without it I'm definitely not going to just walk around blind in a random park hoping to find something interesting.

If they want to shut down all the scanning sites and tools they better significantly improve the variety of pokemon in any given area (and the frequency of pokemon in general for more rural areas and neighborhoods), or I'm definitely out. Even with in-game tracking working, there's no point if all I'm running into are the same five or six pokemon and nothing else.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Since my neighborhood and everything within ~2km of my house is nothing but Pidgeys, Rattatas and Weedles, I was using Vision just to figure out where I was going to go walk around for an hour or two after work most nights. Without it I'm definitely not going to just walk around blind in a random park hoping to find something interesting.

If they want to shut down all the scanning sites and tools they better significantly improve the variety of pokemon in any given area (and the frequency of pokemon in general for more rural areas and neighborhoods), or I'm definitely out. Even with in-game tracking working, there's no point if all I'm running into are the same five or six pokemon and nothing else.
    Welp, that completely covered my viewpoint on the matter. Trade Weedles for Caterpri's and we're chill.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thye really shit the bed by getting rid of those sites without fixing footsteps, adding better tracking than just that, and making it better for rural life. It's a fucking exploration game.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah, I'll uninstall the game right quick if all trackers are taken down. Is Niantic a shitty company? Cause this is just a hot mess right now.

At least animations are better. But now pokemon are attacking so fast, and add to it that they're all escaping from balls with increased frequency, I might uninstall any ways since they're obviously trying to double dip on the "make them waste poke balls so they have to buy more" train.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This would all be fixed if they had any sort of decent community manager person. Ironically, I did apply for that job but they never contacted me back. Literally any sort of human interaction would be better than this. This is 2004 FFXI level bullshit.

Yeah, Pokevision should have said they were going to stay up until tracking was fixed. I wish you could filter the in-game filter as well. Right now this game is a shit show. The only real way to get anything done is the live in NYC or San Fran... or spoof.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    This would all be fixed if they had any sort of decent community manager person. Ironically, I did apply for that job but they never contacted me back. Literally any sort of human interaction would be better than this.
    lol are you ok only having a job for 3mo?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looks like I am dropping the game again until Niantic fixes there ingame tracker (which I used for 3 days before a full EU release caused its removal and I had a good time using it) or another site like Pokevision, because fuck playing this game without any form of tracking. When's that stupid watch supposed to come out? Not that I am buying it, but perhaps Niantic will sort shit with its launch.