Page 117 of 167 FirstFirst ... 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's not even just that though. The way they intend it to be played is broken and has been broken after the first few days of the game. It's unplayable without their tracker and they are forcing people into it without fixing that problem.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

One thing to consider. How quickly would an update be fixed/released if their cash store had a bug where nobody could make purchases? You know the answer, it would be fixed in mere hours.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    One thing to consider. How quickly would an update be fixed/released if their cash store had a bug where nobody could make purchases? You know the answer, it would be fixed in mere hours.
    That's because it would have a more direct affect on their revenue then the tracking, and would likely be ancillary to their core code. I'd wager most people are walking about, playing Go either as a group activity, or as a side to whatever else they are doing, and fairly often, on a Pokestop with a lure. None of those situations require the radar to work, since it's passive playing. Yes, it's annoying and frustrating not being able to go after a pokemon you see on your radar, and it is a core feature, but I bet their data suggests most are passively playing the game, which is going to lower the priority of fixing it vs releasing it in more countries or stabilizing servers, which not only brings them more players but also allows them to actually play the game in any state at all.

This company went from zero, to superman, in the span of a gunshot; imagine if your workload increased ten or 100 fold non-stop; how long would it take for you to not only do the work but also come up with a process, and people, to handle the extra load? Honestly, nobody knows what it will take for them to actually be able to fix it; it could be a ridiculously buried bug that would require a re-architecture of their code to do.

Or it could be fixed tomorrow.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Then its up to that company to inform its users. Niantic has kept people completely in the dark and only now have started to blame 3rd party users for the fault in their game.

Either quit worrying about hiring a PR guy and fix the game, or keep people up to date on shit thats going on.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Again, the radar is likely not fixed yet because of the Pokemon Go Plus that was supposed to come out, but is now delayed until September. Everyone seems to forget about that dumb plastic gadget they were gonna sell for $35 but it is supposed to be a BIG part of the PoGo business model (and likely co-funded by The Pokemon Company and/or Nintendo) and it is supposed to do the exact same thing the ingame tracker was doing at the beginning/3rd party trackers are facilitating now.

You can bet the wristbands are printed and ready to go already, but guess who's gonna buy the dumb wristband if everyone's using free 3rd party trackers? That's right, no one. And Niantic's hands are probably tied on the entire tracking thing if the wristband was co-funded by the big dogs who own the rights to the Pokemon brand. They spent the money on making the damn things, they are going to want the best environment possible to sell them in.

It's pretty obvious if you keep that wristband in mind that it is the reason why Niantic is being retarded about the tracking. Maybe not the entire reason - they're still just awful at communication regardless - but they might not legally be able to tell players the real reason why the tracking is in the state it's in, due to their cooperation with Pokemon Company/Nintendo. And they might have been told to make ripping down 3rd party tracking a priority before the Go Plus's September release date.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ban hammer came down hard. Apparently all the 'vision' apps/sites now don't work.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

From my understanding of it, Niantic has changed the way that the server handles incoming requests in such a way that the API can no longer be queried. Whether this is cracked or not in any reasonable timeframe remains to be seen but a lot of people have been working on it for the past few hours.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This new privacy agreement is a good enough reason to uninstall. Day 1 I would have allowed it, but the game isn't as fun enough to allow them my personal information

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Again, the radar is likely not fixed yet because of the Pokemon Go Plus that was supposed to come out, but is now delayed until September. Everyone seems to forget about that dumb plastic gadget they were gonna sell for $35 but it is supposed to be a BIG part of the PoGo business model (and likely co-funded by The Pokemon Company and/or Nintendo) and it is supposed to do the exact same thing the ingame tracker was doing at the beginning/3rd party trackers are facilitating now.

You can bet the wristbands are printed and ready to go already, but guess who's gonna buy the dumb wristband if everyone's using free 3rd party trackers? That's right, no one. And Niantic's hands are probably tied on the entire tracking thing if the wristband was co-funded by the big dogs who own the rights to the Pokemon brand. They spent the money on making the damn things, they are going to want the best environment possible to sell them in.

It's pretty obvious if you keep that wristband in mind that it is the reason why Niantic is being retarded about the tracking. Maybe not the entire reason - they're still just awful at communication regardless - but they might not legally be able to tell players the real reason why the tracking is in the state it's in, due to their cooperation with Pokemon Company/Nintendo. And they might have been told to make ripping down 3rd party tracking a priority before the Go Plus's September release date.
    The band is nothing like the tracker. All the Band does is allow you to fight pokemon and collect from pokestops without using your phone. It has no tracker on it at all(unless it's changed recently).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Maybe they add an actual pedometer to it so your eggs get credit 24/7

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Not to mention there is going to be nobody left to buy the band thanks to the way they are dealing with their customers. I know whales gonna whale when it comes to mobile games, but still.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Pre-orders had sold out, but I don't know if numbers were ever released on those.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I just got a refund from Apple on my purchase.

Game is still fun, they just need to fix the radar and that'll help a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.google.com/amp/www.techt...ndroid-verizon

Interesting thing with the Plus, it will only catch Pokemon for you that you have caught before. If it is new for you, you still need to use the app.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I want to know how fast that gets reverse engineer'ed and released as an app.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Their problem is they are trying to force their players to play the game in the way they intended, instead of updating their game to play in the way the players intend to. They aren't 'wrong' in that approach, if that's what they want to do, but time will tell if enough people will continue to play. I'm not sure we have an accurate pulse on the vocal minority here, considering the world-wide player base.
    When Brazil goes online and within hours you've got botters hitting mid 20s with 'mons in the 2k range, what we definitely need is a hammer on those people using radars to catch legitimate 'mons.

Spoofing and bots are what will kill the game. They want to break the catching side (no footsteps, no 3rd party) yet the gym side is completely fucked (gyms flip too easy, CP imbalances, gyms stacked with bots).

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Got a 1490 Dragonite this morning on my block. I pulled over after the wife tapped it for me, then she ran back with her phone to tap it too. Hers ended up being 800 something. It's either a 92% IV or a 69% IV, hard to tell. Is there any way to try to narrow down the level even further? It's either 15 or 15.5; if it's a 92% I'd probably keep leveling it. Has Steel Wing and Dragon Claw. Those moves any good?

Also managed to get a Scyther finally and three eggs hatched. Overall a good day so far.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Got a 1490 Dragonite this morning on my block. I pulled over after the wife tapped it for me, then she ran back with her phone to tap it too. Hers ended up being 800 something. It's either a 92% IV or a 69% IV, hard to tell. Is there any way to try to narrow down the level even further? It's either 15 or 15.5; if it's a 92% I'd probably keep leveling it. Has Steel Wing and Dragon Claw. Those moves any good?

Also managed to get a Scyther finally and three eggs hatched. Overall a good day so far.
    I think Dragonbreath/Dragon Claw is the best.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My 455 CP dragonite has dragon breath and hyper beam >_<