Closed Thread
Page 150 of 167 FirstFirst ... 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    When a pokemon runs away, you now get 25 exp.
    been that way for a long long time you get more depending on other things as well , i think you get 1/4th the exp you would have gotten if the mon didnt run , sometimes you get more then 25

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I guess I never noticed.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I thought that exp was what you would have gotten from "Nice!" "Great!" "Excellent!" tosses if you had caught the pokemon.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

All eggs you had prior to them flipping the switch today will not hatch the new pokemon. Only eggs acquired once the update hit. Pretty much a money grab with the incubators. With the polar vortex approaching and temps dropping that may be it for me with this game. I'll redownload it in spring I think and give it another chance, maybe.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

I'm basically only "playing" if I'm already out doing something.

Just stopped at Walmart to grab cookie ingredients and then pick up a kitten from the vet (bye bye nuts!) Pulled up Go and oh look, Santachu. Throw one Razz, Great Ball, Great throw with a curve ball... breaks and runs. Try to catch random crap for possible dittos. Break, break, run. Break, run. Caught a few, but had just as many run.

So.. are spoofing apps for jailbroken phones only? Is there a way to play from computers at all? Negative temps incoming... not looking forward to it.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Caught Santachu on the way home from work today. Small victories.

A Dragonite spawned right on top of my apartment. Small victories! (it had ~300CP and shit IVs)

Anyway a lot of people are raging about the announcement but I think it makes sense. They're basically going for a MMO-style release model where they dripfeed the content so they can drag it out.

I think what a lot of people don't see is how the casual gamer sees this release, which let's be honest is who this game is targeted towards anyway. My mom really likes the game and when she learned there was like 8 new Pokemon and they might be adding that many every month or something, she was all "Wow that's a lot!"

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

I still haven't completed my dex, but that's mostly because I live in the middle of nowhere. I don't mind the trickle additions of new pokemon, I just wish more important things were addressed, you know, like a tracking system that is worth a damn. Thankfully someone in Lincoln is running a local spawn map so I did manage 2 Snorlax, Omanyte, and a Dragonair while there last weekend. Lapras didn't spawn until I stopped looking.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I got to work today and saw a Pikachu on the Sighting list. Found it: 326 CP, Razzberried it, two Great-curveball-throw Ultra balls later it ran away.

Time to uninstall~

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    All eggs you had prior to them flipping the switch today will not hatch the new pokemon.
    Damn, and here I am with a bag full of eggs from before the update. I don't think I want to walk like 50km just for a chance at new Pokemon...

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

But if you spend 20 bucks on incubators...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

I wish you could toss eggs like you can toss items. I also have a bag full of 5km eggs and only one incubator. I'd just need to hatch one to get a new egg, but with just one incubator it will be a while. I refuse to spend money anymore.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Meanwhile, 20 feet from you just outside of your spawn range, a 100% IV Lapras you have no idea is there because you're near a pokestop!

Finally got my Santachu. Took 4 ultra, curveball, razz berries to catch... >200cp. Catch rate on Pikachu in general is just moronic.

Hatched an egg, got a new one from a stop.. 2k. Well, atleast it may be a starter pokemon, right? Would love to finally get them evolved.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

A santachu was in the area and I was running around in my pajamas in -20C weather.....and he fucking got away.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I need a hot bath now haha.

Personally I much prefer the tracker that tells me where to go over the one that shows me a rare silhouette but makes me wander around several blocks for 25 minutes before giving up.

The old hot-and-cold tracker would've been ideal, but if we had to choose between the above two I'll choose what we have now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Aside from the newer feature that shows you what pokemon might by near the stops, the tracker is exactly the same as it has been since they broke it the first time. I still see random "find these pokemon in the wild" spawns as well as pokestop spawns. And even before the poke stop update you'd see crap spawn next to you that wasn't ever on the tracker. So yeah, if you're missing stuff it's not because of the changes.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I really played a lot of Pokemon Go when the hype started. Right now I got a bit bored of it

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Just did my own test. Made a new trainer account and downloaded a GPS app. Eventually got it working after figuring out how to enable mock locations, but it was a waste of time. PoGo won't work at all with mock location turned on it seems. It showed me where I placed the marker, but won't load stops/pokemon. Just gives the "unable to detect location" error. So rooting seems to be the only option and I just don't want to. You don't need to turn on mock location when rooted.

Well, now I know.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leashedragon View Post
    Just did my own test. Made a new trainer account and downloaded a GPS app. Eventually got it working after figuring out how to enable mock locations, but it was a waste of time. PoGo won't work at all with mock location turned on it seems. It showed me where I placed the marker, but won't load stops/pokemon. Just gives the "unable to detect location" error. So rooting seems to be the only option and I just don't want to. You don't need to turn on mock location when rooted.

Well, now I know.
    To do it I think there's something else you need to enable in the Developer Settings on Android. I know there's an Xposed module that will prevent apps from knowing when they're being given mock locations but you need to be rooted for that.

Edit: But to use a rooted phone there are other shenanigans you need to do because PoGo will just refuse to launch of rooted devices.