FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

That trailer made me a child again. I want to storm Times Square in a raid/FATE to combat motherfucking Mewtwo. Holy shit.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Can't wait for car accident and people tell 'but i was trying to caputre a Zapdos"

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

After playing pokemon shuffle for the first time on mobile, then going to my 3ds for event code and seeing that horrid resolution, I think this might be the best move to not have to deal with nintendo's shit hardware.

Where was this 20 years ago when I was a kid. I would have been all over my fucking city...

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Can't wait for car accident and people tell 'but i was trying to caputre a Zapdos"
    There's a reason why the smart-tag accessory (that Pokeball-shaped thing you see the people with) comes in handy. It'll vibrate to let you know there's a Pokémon in the area, rather than you staring through your phone while driving and eating a Jersey barrier.

BG Level

You're talking like people would stop on the side of the road when that happens

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

It would be hilarious if it turns out that pokeballs are the in app purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    You're talking like people would stop on the side of the road when that happens
    You'd have to. Highway-speed Pokeball drive-bys aren't probably going to happen (and I wouldn't be surprised if the GPS system refuses to allow catches if it detects the phone moving fast enough to prevent it even if someone tried.)

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLoki View Post
    I'm sure they are. The app itself is free, so microtransactions are likely the revenue stream.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Yeah I figured, but I imagine they start you off with a few for free but then you hit the paywall of wanting to catch more which would be messed up (but genius).

However, I am not opposed to them selling the specialized pokeballs (like dusk, water, etc) but there better be an alternate way to gather regular balls without breaking bank.

BG Level

But i'm near 30, i can't run around with a 'pokedex bracelet' and my phone trying to catch pokemons

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I plan to keep it in my pocket. Gotta maintain some semblance of professionalism..

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Make balls free, but limit box size. "Oh, you want more than 6? Well let me tell you about Bill's Express Box Emporium..."

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I plan to keep it in my pocket. Gotta maintain some semblance of professionalism..
    Lanyard. Under my work shirt.

I'll be taking a lot more strolls around the subway station at work with this app. If Nintendo really pulls it off, they'll have basically gotten ahead of the gaming curve. Again.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLoki View Post
    I just started playing Pokemon shuffle. I am pretty sure IT will follow a similar in app purchase format. Though the one in shuffle is a bit flawed, it works.

In shuffle, Pokeballs are free. It shows you your percentage of a successful catch. Most common pokemon start off with a decent catch rate, like 40%. Then you got a bonus to catch rate based on how quickly you won. Which can boost you to75% to 100%.
    If you fail to catch the pokemon, you are given the option to use a great ball which further increases catching % by 20% ish( sometimes you get a random bonus that will increase it even more to 100%). Great balls cost coins. Coins can be rewarded from ingame play or bought with a jewel. Jewels drop very rarely and are also purchased through cash shop. Cash shop has limit on how many Jewels you can buy in a week.I supposed to keep people from leveling too quickly. Jewels also can be used to increase your hearts(or energy) which takes 30min to replenish a single heart.

I am still pretty early in the game so I have vnot encountered any higher tier pokemon or ultra balls.

The system works pretty well though. So I imagine in PMGO, there will be catch percentages based on rarity. You can buy great and ultra balls. Would be interesting to see if they called the Cash Shop "PokeMart" and sold pretty much everything sold at in game pokemarts.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Joke's on us, $10 in the cash shop for Repel or all you get is Zubats.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    So you're telling me I will have to

Visit an active volcano to find Heatran?

Dive deep in the ocean to find Wailord?

Visit the moon to find Deoxys?

Or transcend space and time to get Dialga and Palkia ?
    Trailer only showed stuff from the original 151 it looks like. Either for simplicity's sake or future prospects or something?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Trailer only showed stuff from the original 151 it looks like. Either for simplicity's sake or future prospects or something?
    But magmar

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Magmar is one of the originals you boob.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast