Closed Thread
Page 88 of 167 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I get the concept of what he's saying. I think I've only evolved like 2 accidentally just to see the animations just to figure out saving is the best option. It's just the numbers didn't make sense with what I was seeing on pokemon that I had in my possession.
    Kaslo is telling me that it's not all even across the board, which is fine. And Valisk is saying, "just get this magic number then go wreck shit" also.

While I get the logic in this what if you have a low cp bulbsasaur or whatever with absolutely sick IV (95+). Seems like something may be worth it in that case since because otherwise what's the point of everyone hoarding dust.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's not worth it because until level 20 you are constantly coming across stronger pokemon (this caps at 20). With the power difference on the pokemon, and not having to use candy to raise cp on a 10cp rare pokemon, it's better to wait until you have a bunch of cheap evolutions to spam for exp, and then after you're 20 start making your dream team with what you got on hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    It's not worth it because until level 20 you are constantly coming across stronger pokemon (this caps at 20). With the power difference on the pokemon, and not having to use candy to raise cp on a 10cp rare pokemon, it's better to wait until you have a bunch of cheap evolutions to spam for exp, and then after you're 20 start making your dream team with what you got on hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    This is somewhat wrong. Egg pokémon caps at 20. Wild pokémon caps at 30.

The reason you shouldn't power up until lvl 20 is as he mentioned though -- because until lvl 20 you'll soar through levels like no one's business. You can get 6 lvls from a single lucky egg. After lvl 20, exp needed to get to next lvl goes up by A LOT. Right now at lvl 24, I need 150000 exp to get to lvl 25. At 15 it's, what? 15000? Before 20 you'll find a stronger pokémon before you even have time to max a pokémon out. Past lvl 20 you'll get levels much slower, so you have time to cap a pokémon out every time you get a new lvl if you find one with good IV.

I mean, sure, if you find a pokémon with good IV at lvl 10, by all means, keep it if you think you'll use it. But you'll spend a lot of candies and dust in vain since odds are you'll find a better one or equal at higher lvl that is already close to its CP cap. This is especially true for something like a Dragonite, Snorlax, or any other pokémon that's rare and hard to get candies for. It's not as much of an issue for an Eevee.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    I get the concept of what he's saying. I think I've only evolved like 2 accidentally just to see the animations just to figure out saving is the best option. It's just the numbers didn't make sense with what I was seeing on pokemon that I had in my possession.
    Kaslo is telling me that it's not all even across the board, which is fine. And Valisk is saying, "just get this magic number then go wreck shit" also.
    There are too many instances that I have experienced where I'll get a (for example) 200
    CP Squirtle and evolve into a 500 Wartorle. Then on the way to 100 candies to get a Blastoise, I get a Squirtle that is 700 CP... 200 better than its second stage. So from here on out, I'm waiting until I have 125 to evolve a 3 stage Pokemon. I've already started over with Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Dratini. Where I scrapped their 2nd stage because I've found higher CP 1st stages.

And when it comes time to evolve, I'll take all the top similarly CP 1st stagers and run them thru the IV machine to see who's best. If the difference in CP is small, I'll go with the best CP+IV+Moveset combination. Everything is weighted.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    This is somewhat wrong. Egg pokémon caps at 20. Wild pokémon caps at 30.

The reason you shouldn't power up until lvl 20 is as he mentioned though -- because until lvl 20 you'll soar through levels like no one's business. You can get 6 lvls from a single lucky egg. After lvl 20, exp needed to get to next lvl goes up by A LOT. Right now at lvl 24, I need 150000 exp to get to lvl 25. At 15 it's, what? 15000? Before 20 you'll find a stronger pokémon before you even have time to max a pokémon out. Past lvl 20 you'll get levels much slower, so you have time to cap a pokémon out every time you get a new lvl if you find one with good IV.

I mean, sure, if you find a pokémon with good IV at lvl 10, by all means, keep it if you think you'll use it. But you'll spend a lot of candies and dust in vain since odds are you'll find a better one or equal at higher lvl that is already close to its CP cap. This is especially true for something like a Dragonite, Snorlax, or any other pokémon that's rare and hard to get candies for. It's not as much of an issue for an Eevee.
    I thought egg caps at 30 and wild caps at 40.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

- The Trainer Level Cap is 40.
    - Egg's cap at Level 20, so if you get an Egg at Level 37 it'll still hatch at the same quality as if you were level 20.
    - Wild Pokemon cap at Level 30, meaning after Level 30 everyone will find the same max CP Pokemon and it'll be a matter of spending the candy and stardust to upgrade them to your level's cap based on their CP arc.
    - There is an achievement/badge rank above gold.
    - Curveballs and Accurate Throws (Nice, Great, Etc) have been confirmed as helping with the capture chance of a Pokeball throw.
    - There may be future Incubators that reduce the amount of kilometers needed before they hatch. (There is an incubator called "distance" in the code)
    - Moves have an Accuracy and a Critical Hit Rate.
    - Each unique Pokemon has it's own Capture and Flee rate.
    - Move Damage may go up with Trainer Level.
    - Pokemon do become harder to catch as you level up.
    - Mewtwo, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno are Legendary.
    - Mew is Mythic.
    - Farfetch'd is out there... somewhere. As is Ditto.
    - The Charge Meter is filled 0.5 for each 1 HP of damage dealt. This means a super effective move that does more damage will charge the special attack faster - that is actually really important to know.
    - To level from 39 to 40 takes FIVE MILLION EXPERIENCE, and going from 1 to 40 takes Twenty Million. On my best day I can get about one hundred thousand exp, maybe 125k. So that's like 3-4 months to go from 39 to 40. Won't be seeing that any time soon! lol
    - Pokemon have a base Attack, Defense and Stamina (HP) - thus they do not have a Attack and Special Attack stat like in the 3DS games.
    - Dragonite has the strongest base attack for non-legends, at 250.
    - MewTwo has a base attack of 284.
    - Moltres has the highest base attack of the three legendary birds.
    - Articuno has the highest base defense of the three.
    - Zapdos is almost as high as Moltres in base attack but is likely lower due to Type Advantage.
    - Pokemon have an evolution modifier AND a HP modifier when they evolve both CP and HP go up a set multiplier.
    - Defending Pokemon at a Gym attack every 1.5 seconds.
    - The Master Ball is in the game, no clue where it is found.
    - The Legendary Pokemon do have a spawn rate - BUT - they have no capture rate, could this mean they require a Master Ball?
    - STAB is present in the game, giving a 25% Bonus to an attack move. STAB stands for "Same Type Attack Bonus" and means if a Grass Pokemon uses a Grass move it will hit harder than if a Ground Pokemon used the same Grass move. This is a big deal confirmation.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Blew all 20 of my Great Balls on a Dragonite and then it ran like a motherfucker. Probably should have known I couldn't catch it because the ring was red, but I'm bummed anyway.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

It's probably been posted, but has the continent exclusive pokemons been debunked? Last I heard it was true, but you can still obtain them through eggs anywhere. Gulk! Let us know if you find a Farfetch'd.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

There's been a Farfetch'd spotted in Japan already (Shinsuku I think?), but just because it's been spotted there doesn't mean it can't be spotted elsewhere.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Spoiler: show

Caught his fella this morning. Used all my ultra balls to do so though!

Gotta work on his CP now

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Pokevision ‏@PokeVisionGo
    There is a rumor that the 1st Legendary Pokemon will spawn at the official Niantic panel at SDCC (Starts in 5min)

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Welp. RIP servers.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I want to believe no company would be stupid enough to release a game with global popularity and then spawn limited time Legendaries on one building in one country. Sounds more like maybe we're going to see an accidental flash mob, Niantic's probably going to go into lockdown wondering what the fuck is happening :D

Lets watch shall we.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I want to believe no company would be stupid enough to release a game with global popularity and then spawn limited time Legendaries on one building in one country. Sounds more like maybe we're going to see an accidental flash mob, Niantic's probably going to go into lockdown wondering what the fuck is happening :D

Lets watch shall we.
    in this instance, why wouldnt you drop a legendary at your SDCC conference? Perfect spot

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Perfect spot for like... the Handfull of people lucky enough to be there, not for the other 50 million players worldwide who would be out of luck. I'm not saying its not a cool idea or that it wouldn't draw a crowd, I just think it'd be kinda shitty for the rest of us.

Eh, Its not really consequential enough to be upset over. If they did they would eventually spawn them in more places of course over time.

Edit2: San Diego Comic Con, got it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Pokémon GO News ‏@PokemonGoNews
    We have reports that it has been confirmed at #SDCC that the Eeveelution name Easter Egg is a real feature.

According to our #SDCC reports, there are other undiscovered Easter Eggs in #PokemonGO as well.

The Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres rumor of appearing at #SDCC has been confirmed to be false.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

The #PokemonGO Team Leaders have been revealed!
    Team Valor: Candela.
    Team Mystic: Blanche.
    Team Instinct: Spark.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Valor has the better team name, but I think Instinct has the best looking leader. I'm a little torn now. Wonder if we'll ever be able to change teams.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I wish I was red but am now happy I picked yellow.