1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

that was such a hard ass whooping for mael and adders that they literally gave up 25% into the match.
    We had members of both coming up to our nodes and just /sitting there.
    We kicked their asses so hard we actually felt sorry for them and grabbed every node on the map instead of raping them... outisde the occasional suicide DRG, they didn't contest any nodes at all... never seen anything like this.. it was collective hopelessness lol...

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Break their wills, and their backs.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They were probably just there for Roulette Esos anyway. At least that seems to be the trend with Aether Adders. The ones you saw were somewhat active and aware by running to the node and sitting lol. I've seen many eso farmers over the last few weeks just running to the enemy spawn on their chocobo jumping around waiting to get killed, setting auto-run in the general direction of an active node and going until they hit a wall or get killed, staying dead from the start of the match, etc. It's really frustrating when it's a healer that queues and doesn't give a fuck and afk's or something, but we start the match thinking we have a heal or extra heals and we don't, just an easy kill for Mael or Flames.

Also, this scenario happens more times with Adders than I'd like to remember:
    A) "Get back and defend our B"
    B) "but other team has a S and they're winning"
    A) "let mael and flames fight over it, we need this B"

Wut

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

this should almost be a rule, what do you guys think:

#x IGNORE AST IN PVP!!!!
    They take so long to die (seriously I've seen a MNK and a BF DRG chase and try to kill one across the entire zone without ever really threatening the AST's life)

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't understand why people say AST is so hard to kill. Seems to me that they are easier to kill than SCH.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

AST are hard to kill because of Aspected Benefic while they're in Nocturnal Stance. They can heal themselves for 250 potency and a 325 potency shield. They can cast this while they're on the move. Its similiar to a Scholar's Lustrates, just half the overall healing and without the limitations of aetherflow stacks.

Yes, a good timed silence or stun will give you the chance to fuck them up. But without spiked damage chances are its going to waste.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

SCHs are easy to deal with. I find them the easiest to kill of the 3 healers as long as you stun their pets - knock back their pets.

AST is easily the hardest to kill, but just saying that doesn't include people sucking at AST or using Diurnal Stance.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    AST is easily the hardest to kill, but just saying that doesn't include people sucking at AST or using Diurnal Stance.
    Ast is like the nega-Smn: it has a time where it soaks up essentially all damage in an extremely mobile setting, and then is killable as they return to the normal constraints of healing damage. This is just like smn having extreme front-loaded damage in PVP, before "cooling off" after blowing all their toys and having to deal damage the old fashioned way.

I don't get that comparison, Aspected Benefic isn't a cooldown and they can spam it until they're completely out of MP.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah not really same thing.

ast is ridiculous because they can shield themselves on the move. does having ridiculous burst heal help? absolutely. but their bread and butter are their running shields.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So basically you're saying that you only kill SCH when they are out of AF stacks? Because their mobile healing is stronger than ASTs until that point, and they probably have a pet chaincasting heals on them to boot.

It seems to me that AST is going to get stunned and swarmed like anyone else. I'm sure AST will not die in 1v1, but that's easy. I guess I'd agree that AST is tougher than a SCH with no stacks, no fairy, and AF/Swiftcast on CD, but that's kind of skewing the comparison.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I wouldn't be surprised if this is already posted somewhere, but one thing I've done with some success recently... if you're a healer and you use Attunement to save yourself with a small group of people camping you for a kill, instead of letting it wear off passively, as soon as you see a window of opportunity, actively cancel it before it wears off, sprint, and make a run for it. It'll mess with their ability timing and give you a better chance to escape. This works particularly well on scholar as people often switch to killing your fairy when you pop Attunement.

Obviously doesn't work if you're getting wailed on by 10+ people, but as others have mentioned occupying 10 people for 10 seconds to let the rest of your group escape is a small victory itself.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I don't get that comparison, Aspected Benefic isn't a cooldown and they can spam it until they're completely out of MP.
    That's true, that's true. Ast really is tits, jesus.

Egyptian Goddess
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aiko Matsuo
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

FFXIV Seal Rock PVP Insights

When I run on AST with Vit right side and a shield up, melee love to burn their lb on me. Then I sit at 4-6k hp, toss up a new shield and continue on spamming. Unless there are a minimum of 4 or more on me with stun locks I literally cannot be killed. 11k-13k Hp on a mobile shielding healer is ridiculous. Add a bole and good luck. Sometimes I run into the enemy to see how long it takes to die or if they give up lol. Plus it distracts the other team. If I spend 2 minutes being chased by a group away from a node my GC is after my one death is worthwhile.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I had a 69% First place ranking with the IF on Chaos 2 days ago.
    I moved to Excalibur, i now have a 48% ranking in 1st place.

THE IF ON PRIMAL data center ARE THE SHITTIEST LOT OF SAD SAC OF HORSE DUNG I'VE EVER SEEN!
    should be ashamed of yourselves. disgusting maggots

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How can your win total be changed that drastically in 2 days? Are you doing like 30 matches a day?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    How can your win total be changed that drastically in 2 days? Are you doing like 30 matches a day?
    sounds about right, gaining on average 1 pvp rank per day since I hit 35 a few weeks ago.
    Its going down that drastically because... I haven't won a single match in the past 34.. and I only have 650sh

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Flames only won a majority of the times because their premades (Ultra doomtrain) carried the fuck out of them. Haven't seen much success from that GC lately.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah flames really only tends to be good when ultros premades are playing. otherwise they're very difficult to win with.