1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Last month on Balmung, of the top 100 PvPers in winning percentage, 98 of them were Flames. The month before, 95 of top 100 were Flames.

It ain't premades, bro.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

They're talking about primal flames, not the OP as fuck aether flames. Primal flames suck, but I still say adder is worse. Also perfect example of seeing how shit people are at seal rock is doing 24 man, holy fuck, its beyond awful 70% of the time. I probably just need to lay off pvp in general, I do it way too much.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

PvP is objectively the best way to cap esos each week, as you gain three spendable tokens (wolf/law/eso) and one of the few resources that is not effectively reset to zero every even-numbered patch (PvP rank).

The only real downside is queue times.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

it's only the best if you actually need those things. when i have more than one resource to earn i will only do frontlines. if all i need is eso (like now) then experts and dungeon spam are better cappers.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Eh, I use wolf for desynth, so...

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

That's a big issue, the fucking people going in there just for eso not giving a shit about winning or not and will blatantly say that shit. I butchered the fuck out of that, but you get my point.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I votekick anyone stupid enough to say out loud that they don't care about winning.

Seems to work well enough, but as noted previously, PvP Is Serious Business for Aether Flames.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I've been so tempted to go to aether again just to pvp there and see how different matches are over there compared to primal. Last time I was on aether, only secure was still out. The only problem is, if I got to aether, I feel I might end up staying there as I already know aether pvp seems better than primal, at least in terms of SR. Though I'm also basing some of this off a very notable pvp player who has played quite a lot on both aether and primal.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I couldn't take it anymore. Losing this hard, playing with these kind of idiots...
    Every fucking Match I try to take command like I used to on Chaos (DID VERY WELL) but there's always 4-5 people who shout on alliance to stfu and hug those nodes, to take 3 nodes and spread and try to defend all 3 of them.. to split our efforts into attacking mael and adders at the same time.. They're either retards or the most epic trolls ever.. Transferred to Aether server, fuck dealing with those clown.

when you look them up on lodestone they have literally 1 lvl 60 job and the rest are all lvl 10-15.
    either trolls, or noobs.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I always thought that was a problem with this game's PvP (really, all random DF) population in general. But yeah, Primal Flames DF has always been fucking awful. I found Primal Adders to be ok though on my alt. I always thought about swapping GC but would start all the fuck over with rank again, huge fucking turnoff.

There should be a "fixed" FL mode like there is for WD that is always 8v8v8 and requires a full party to queue.

8v8v8 matches have always been the most fun and doing them with purely premades would make for some actual, real competition and good matches.

They really need to cut the shit with this 72 man garbage that no one wants except for people who don't want to PvP and just want to afk unnoticed for tomes.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    I couldn't take it anymore. Losing this hard, playing with these kind of idiots...
    Every fucking Match I try to take command like I used to on Chaos (DID VERY WELL) but there's always 4-5 people who shout on alliance to stfu and hug those nodes, to take 3 nodes and spread and try to defend all 3 of them.. to split our efforts into attacking mael and adders at the same time.. They're either retards or the most epic trolls ever.. Transferred to Aether server, fuck dealing with those clown.

when you look them up on lodestone they have literally 1 lvl 60 job and the rest are all lvl 10-15.
    either trolls, or noobs.
    maelstrom so strong we running bitches off the server, I love it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lmao

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    maelstrom so strong we running bitches off the server, I love it.
    Had nothing to do with server and everything to do with DC. The few premades I joined while on excalibur in flames saw that single party farm mael to the point we had them sprinting off the base trying to get to nodes. Thanks for the Battle fevers, bitch.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

not just salty, but now you just making it weird.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    They're talking about primal flames, not the OP as fuck aether flames. Primal flames suck, but I still say adder is worse. Also perfect example of seeing how shit people are at seal rock is doing 24 man, holy fuck, its beyond awful 70% of the time. I probably just need to lay off pvp in general, I do it way too much.
    Primal Adder here, can confirm. The #1 flames strategy is to attack second place when they're in third (which is often) which leads to both GCs fighting over one node while first place sits afk with 2/3 nodes. Even then if you can successfully (read: safely) disengage they would rather chase than try to cap nodes off the winning team.

I usually play with premades (literally only joined adders to play with friends) so its not as bad in small games but in 72-man some adders are just retarded and split up randomly. I've lost track of how many random 3-6 man groups run into an entire enemy alliance and just feed....or idiots that mask being afk by putting people/friends on follow. I've seen tanks with <20k damage output and healers with the same healing output in the endgame stats.

Primal Mael had their retarded moments too when I was with them but not to the extremes I've seen adders and flames.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I just feel really bad for adder this point, on primal. All the few good players it had left all went to mael now pretty much And a few others went back to flames. While I love being back on maelstrom again, the queue difference between adder and mael is ridiculous

I don't know if I ever brought this up before in the past, but one thing I noticed between queuing on both besides the queue times, is that on mael, sometimes when queuing, its like the queue will just legit break or some shit... like you can go multiple games with no queues, while others will get like 3-4 queues before you still get one, and I found this tends to put you in limbo land and re-queuing doesn't always fix the issue, I'll have to go as far as restarting the client just to get queues again.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Huh, was I imagining the handful of really decent Primal Adders Frontline (granted this was back in fucking SECURE) I had on my alt? Or is Flames just that much worse that I found Adders to be enjoyable?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Aether Flames are top tier. They dominate so much it gets to to point where Maelstrom and TA won't even deal with him in some matches, pretty depressing. My 2nd place rate on Aether is so high now, as compared to my 1st place rate on Primal on Maelstrom. It's definitely waaaaay more fun playing Maelstrom on Aether because you gon get that work to get 1st place from Flames. Only in Seal Rock though, for some reason Flames are terrible in Secure or Slaughter.

Primal Flames are god damn terrible, lol.

I'd love to see the best of Primal Maelstrom go up against the best of Aether Flames (throw in any random Twin Adder). Would be some amazing matches.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Huh, was I imagining the handful of really decent Primal Adders Frontline (granted this was back in fucking SECURE) I had on my alt? Or is Flames just that much worse that I found Adders to be enjoyable?
    yeah different times. back in secure adders eventually turned into the dominant GC for months, until slaughter came out.

when seal rock came out, adders were dominant for a long time since most of the best/experienced primal pvpers were with grid, but people either quit playing or transferred for w/e reason. so right now adders is an absolute hellhole and it's suicide to even attempt it with them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast